Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Recommend A New Book!

Hi!

This may seem odd :blink: but every year, for whatever class I work in, I buy a new book for the classroom collection on my birthday! :1b

As this is rapidly approaching, can anyone recommend a new or recent title suitable for school nursery? ;)

Cheers

Madmum

That is a lovely thing to do :1b

I have a book buying 'habit' - we have books 'coming out of our ears' :oxD but I just can't resist xD my latest purchase was 'The Journey Home from Grandpas' from Barefoot books - it comes complete with a CD - super! 'My' children love it!!!

• Like 1

Last one I bought was called The Three Little Aliens and the Big Bad Robot, as you may think it is based on the 3 little pigs story. Our children are beginning to love it, especially the boys.

Last one I bought was called The Three Little Aliens and the Big Bad Robot, as you may think it is based on the 3 little pigs story. Our children are beginning to love it, especially the boys.

oooh that sounds good........resist, resist do not go on to Amazon xD

because im on mum duty this week i'm not at pre-school so have left them some presents!! the first book was handa' hen (mainly because we dont have so many 'ethnic' book at present rather than the fact i like it ...then silly billy (fab story about a little boy who worries and his gran gives him worry dolls) and the queens knickers for tomorrow

...i too am a self confessed book a holic :blink:

We had a visit from the Children's Librarian of our local library last week, she read Socks by Nick Sharratt, it was fantastic and the children loved it. I'd never seen it before but will be buying it shortly :-)

Oh no, now I just have to go online shopping at Amazon..Darn you people.......!!

I just can't resist book recommendations!!

xD :lol: :o I know.......... :blink: xD

A couple more to throw into the mix........the lovely Cait sent me a book for my birthday 'Tanka-Tanka Skunk' - a firm favourite with 'my' children, as is 'Norman the Slug with the Silly Shell'! :1b

Our current favourite is 'The Mermaid' by Julia Donaldson.........................really lovely story, mermaid is taken in by Old sam Sly's promises and finds he's a liar...................she is helped and rescued by seaguls and circus performers and is back where she belongs in no time...............lovely!

Our current favourite is 'The Mermaid' by Julia Donaldson.........................really lovely story, mermaid is taken in by Old sam Sly's promises and finds he's a liar...................she is helped and rescued by seaguls and circus performers and is back where she belongs in no time...............lovely!

Is that 'the singing mermaid'?

Just seen that advertised and was thinking about buying it.

x

Wow ! thank you so muc for som many fab suggestions! :D

many will be making their way to my 'wishlist' on the bookdepository website, before I finally decide!

Will keep you posted on what I get!!

Madmum :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)