Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Whats In A Name

lashes2508

My daughter and i were watching America Next top model and twiggy was referring to howshe got her nickname and how much that launched her career, she asked the models to rename themselves and to give them selves a superself name. Got to wondering as the majority of us use nicknames on here - what the meaning is behind them /how we came up with them - or maybe we could have a guess at each others :rolleyes: ;):P

I play an online version of Lord of the Rings - being a bit of a fan of Tolkien's work (although the films were good too). My first and favourite character is a hobbit called Lucyanna, since all my online friends call me Lucy, Lucyhobbit seemed a natural nickname.

Ha! I always wonder about yours Lashes. If it's 'lashes' for batting, or beating?

As for me, Honey Pancakes for breakfast are the one thing that has kept 'em coming back for five years now.

H

yum yum , i too would keep coming back and yes definately for batting although others have thought the other hehe

• Like 1

Remember Ria in the 1970s sitcom Butterflies? She couldnt cook or manage life very well so my friend took the end of my name (Andrea) and named me Rea. It stuck :D

But so far I havent met a rich man in the park who wants to whisk me away :rolleyes:

• Like 5

My fsf name is a combination of things really.

I love the colour red!

I ALWAYS wanted to change my name to Scarlett. . . . Ever since I first watched Gone With the Wind.

I know she is bratty and spoilt and hopefully not at all like me (!!) but she is feisty and spirited and strong!

I like angels and I had a friend who said I was their angel.

So I just combined Scarlett and angel

Not really very exciting!

• Like 1

I had the standard curly perm in the 70's and when I walked in the pub my boyfriend said "and who knitted you woollyed?" it has stuck ever since. Can't believe I married him! Now gets shortened to Wool or Woolly

Edited by woolly1

It's taken me a while to track down the album where my name came from...I used to work in an independent record shop and they were playing an album by a guy called Neal Casal (country type music) there was a song on the album called "The New Jenny Jenkins" and one of my colleagues started to call me Jenny Jenkins (my first name is Jenny) and it just kind of stuck. I've even had friends for many years who were shocked to discover that Jenkinz is not my real surname!

I've even had friends for many years who were shocked to discover that Jenkinz is not my real surname!

My son went to secondary school with a lad named Glynn. I always called him Glynn but much later found out his name was James Glynn!

My uncles have the wrong names, Uncle Harry's name is James, Uncle Bob's name is William and Uncle Micky's is David. :wacko: xD

Mine is what my minded children call me... although currently I have one who calls me Shona and another Finona..... I answer to them all xD

Nona

thanks to all who have replied - amazing where theses name come from - I recently changed my social networking name to a childhood one that my family still use, i love it and not sure why i never used it all the time . The real reason for using it was because my ex husband married a girl with exactly the same name and it was not fair to have 2 of us !!being as i still use my married name :D:P:D

• Like 1

Anyone remember the Yellow (blonde) fish in the fish tank in Finding Nemo......well thats me!! My bubbles......my bubbles ha ha x

Edited by Guest