Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Feed The Birds Song (not The One From Mary Poppins)

Hi

Does anybody know the song Feed the Birds.....can't even name the tune, but its the one ending in pitter patter raindrops, pitter patter raindrops, I'm wet through, so are you (I think).

Feed the birds,

Feed the birds......

Hi

Does anybody know the song Feed the Birds.....can't even name the tune, but its the one ending in pitter patter raindrops, pitter patter raindrops, I'm wet through, so are you (I think).

Feed the birds,

Feed the birds......

I agree with Inge on this one, I should think somebody changed the words to I hear thunder and that's what you are remembering. You seem pretty sure it's not the Mary Poppins one Deb!

I agree with Inge on this one, I should think somebody changed the words to I hear thunder and that's what you are remembering. You seem pretty sure it's not the Mary Poppins one Deb!

If only my brain was not fried.......could possibly write one myself!!! :o

Thanks everyone for reminding me of the tune. I will have to dig it out at work (I can narrow it down to half a dozen files), but it could be fun coming up with our own version! Here's my poor attempt!

Feed the birds

Feed the birds

In the winter

in the winter

seed, raisins and peanuts

seed, raisins and peanuts

With grated cheese

With grated cheese

Feed the birds

Feed the birds

In the winter

in the winter

Mix it up with lard

Mix it up with lard

Squashed in your hands

Squashed in your hands

I don't think this was anything like the original!

A couple of pensioners in my home town have just been given ASBOs.

What for?

Yep, feeding the birds...

Sorry back to topic..

:o NO

But why....is it encouraging 'vermin' or something?

Or are they using catapaults? xD

Edited by sunnyday

Found it!

To the tune of row, row, row your boat (oops)

Feed, feed, feed the birds

in the wintertime

when the days are dark and cold

food is hard to find

Feed, feed, feed the birds

til the spring has come

scatter bird seed on the snow

feeding birds is fun!

Oh bless, well you have two songs now! do like this one though, very good. We made our birdcake and have been stuffing it into pine cones this week and have now tied these onto my christmas tree (we had to saw 2ft off of it and the lower branches so that the children could reach quite a way up) It's in the garden, but we haven't had much action as yet, we have placed food all around the garden area, I think the birds have forgotten that we feed them over christmas period and are going elsewhere at the moment, a little disappointing I must say!!

Mine are loving my Christmas tree covered in fat balls - and I am too, it was/is such a lovely shape this year - I wish it had roots and was growing out there!

Little birds in wintertime

Hungry are and poor

Feed them for the Father's sake

'Till the winter's o'er

That's one we sang when I was a child

What a great idea using the Christmas tree, ours at work though not a rooted one is still looking rather splendid despite complete neglect so will try to move it from its sheltered spot so that the birds can get to it and then the children can hang more bird cake out - hopefully the smaller birds will get a look in then because its just a gang of rooks or crows that have benefitted so far. And the horses in the field next door seem to like the Christmas cake we put on the bird table because we keep finding it knocked over in the morning.

What a great idea using the Christmas tree, ours at work though not a rooted one is still looking rather splendid despite complete neglect so will try to move it from its sheltered spot so that the birds can get to it and then the children can hang more bird cake out - hopefully the smaller birds will get a look in then because its just a gang of rooks or crows that have benefitted so far. And the horses in the field next door seem to like the Christmas cake we put on the bird table because we keep finding it knocked over in the morning.

http://www.teachpreschool.org/2010/12/the-...-for-preschool/

I haven't read this book, but this is where I got the idea to use our old christmas tree.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)