Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Christmas Excitement!

sunnyday

I'll eat them all but you can have the hazelnut whirls. As for buying Christmas presents my mum always gets one before the 3rd September just so she can wind her sister up when she goes to visit for her birthday. Usually it's something like a pretty pack of tissues for a stocking filler!

• Like 1

Oooh - now I'm the one who keeps saying that I refuse to think about yet - but guess what - so have I and I've got my cards :ph34r:xD

I've got all the cards I didnt get round to giving out last year.

• Like 2

I have the cards I bought for the children last year - because just after I bought them I discovered the ones I'd bought in the sale the previous year! The theory is that I'll write them nice and early and then no stress when we're all into Christmas concerts - not happened yet!

Has anyone thought about their christmas party for children and also staff christmas do. We are looking for new ideas as staff already looking at me to have all the answers. They seem to forget that I'm trying to check that we have everything in place in case Mrs O walks through the door as we are now due and sorting out the new EYFS in setting.

Hi Miacat3 we decided awhile ago to have a social secreatry just for staff do's. It was becoming a nightmare and as you say always left to the person in charge to organise as well as everything else.[ why is that].

We are off to a local golf hotel that have a Christmas menu, drinks, disco and dancing.

As for the children's Christmas party we have used the same guy for a number of years and although we have seen it and heard him many many many ::1aoops times, the children think he is fantastic. He does a bit of magic, balloon making, puppet show and is worth every single penny.

Whatever you choose have a great time. :1b

Miacat3 - delegate this one!!!! For goodness sake, I'm in the same boat and that's what I shall do. I'm going to start asking myself "does it have to be done by me?" And if not, it's not!!

I've booked a table at a local pub that was voted best in the area for food. No dancing or disco though, some of the staff and committee are real homebodies. Staff organise childrens do but its a magician we've used for years, music and games and food. Food is supplied by parents.

Now you're asking, I cant remember, end of November I think. I can show you the menu if you like. You're all more than welcome, I know how you lot knock the wine back so at least I'll have someone to drink with once the homebodies have left :D

FestiveFood.pdf

Edited by Rea
  • Like 1