Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Any Advice, What Do I Need To Do?

Thank you everyone for your kind, supportive words. I just never thought I'd be ticking the box 'deceased' on the payroll software.

I've been to see her Mum today who is holding up quite well, I still don't think it's completely sunk in for her. It did for me the minute I left my daughter's in North Yorkshire to come home from my holiday and poor hubbie had to put up with a sobbing wreck for two and a half hours coming home yesterday.

Oh Cait how sad you must feel to have to fill in a box which seems to reduce a friend you have loved to very little. Life goes on for those outside the experience of loosing someone close which somehow feels so strange. I am sure that I am not the only one on here to have been thinking about you all, and how you are going on. It is hard to imagine how her family must feel. Lots of hugs to you.

Oh Cait just want to send you a big hug. When you work with someone for so long they are not only a work colleague but a dear friend too, closer sometimes than you own family members.

Give yourself time to come to terms with your loss including asking for help if you need it.

[We are generally not good at doing this].

Take care , Love Bridger x

Hi, Ive just peeped on getting back into the work mode and I am so sorry to read of your sad news Cait, it must be a terrible shock to you and the impact on your team will no doubt be a difficult time for you all, hold on to each other and love each other, and in time things will pick up again...such a shock to read such news....huge hugs and sympathy to you..

Cait, I've just returned from holiday and seen your sad news. It must be a terrible shock for you and all the rest of her friends and family.

I hope you're beginning to find a way to get your head round it and have a bit of a clearer picture about what you need to do as manager.

I wish you well for the beginning of term and hope it goes as smoothly as possible for you and everyone else in your setting.

I have a feeling that the comments from the children may give you some extra smiles and tears but hopefully more of the former as you adjust to working without your friend.

It was the funeral at one today. I just thought I'd let you all know that it was standing room only in our parish church, with loads of past Preschool parents and past school staff amongst the mourners. I felt incredibly supported by them all and by all you lovely folk on here. Thank you all so much for your kind words and your practical advice.

As always, when we work together, we're a great team!

Much love to you all. Thanks 491px-Heart_icon_red_hollow.svg.png

Hi Cait, couldn't possibly read and run, just wanted to say sorry for your loss and send you my love, great advice from everyone as per usual, make sure you make time for yourself and try to take it easy

Extraordinary Chicken xx

As if all this wasn't bad enough, her daughter(20) has now been told she has 4 weeks to get out of the house, even though the family and her step-brother's Dad are willing to pay the rent.

Not only has she to cope with losing her Mum, she's now going to be homeless, with a very much pared down amount of memorabilia

Edited by Cait

I hope she's contacted the CAB or someone to check out her situation legally?

When my mum died I was 17 and the Council said they would transfer her tenancy into my name, but that my older brother wouldn't be re-housed. Mind you this only came to light at all when my step father contacted the Council and said he'd like to come back and resume his tenancy which he'd given up when he left us when my mum got ill.

I remember the relief when they contact me to tell me what to do. Of course it has probably all changed in the 30 odd years since then. She really shouldn't have to contend with all this at this point, whatever the tenancy rules are. Four weeks is no time at all to come to terms with what has happened. Just dreadful.

Thats terrible Cait, the poor girl.

Wouldnt the council have a responsibility to ensure she and her baby have a home? Have they offered her the tenancy? I think they should.

Hope she can ind a resolution, what an awful thing to happen.

It's not her baby, it's her half brother. His Dad is on the scene but didn't live with them, he lives a way away. I've suggested she goes to CAB, there must be something she can do. Her Dad lives a good way away and has a new life of his own with a family.

and no, she's been refused the tenancy

Edited by Cait