Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ok Is This The Quietest Night Ever On Fsf?

finleysmaid

:o Must have passed you in the doorway!

Had a lovely chat with Mundia but then it was time for Mr Mundia's cocoa so we bid each other goodnight.

I stayed awhile all alone, by myself with no one with me xD

got a bit creepy after a while, did a bit of tidying up (getting rid of the biscuits crumbs, washing coffee cups etc) Left the door open but no-one came so I packed up my troubles in my old kit bag, turned off the lights and left.

Sorry to have missed you :(:(:(

me too, sadly us early birds just cant keep up with you night owls.

Thankyou for clearing up the biscuit crumbs Gezabel, I was in the middle of doing that when Anne and Beth popped in.

I do hope those night owls didn't make to much mess!

I feel bad now that I suggested chat and then went off to the dizzy heights of Asda. Sorry to have missed you, too! xD

Oh! please don't feel bad HappyMaz. Sure we will meet in chat before long and you can share your Asda experience and I will tell you about my Saturday trips to the bank which are costing me £100 a time on the way back to the car!!!!!!!! :o .. well not quite £104 last saturday and £87 today :(

I do hope this is some kind of retail therapy on your part?

You know me too well!! :(:( spot on!

for the last couple of weeks I have been paid in cash as there was a problem with the payers bank so I have dutifully gone to the bank to pay it in. Mr Gezabel drops me outside the bank and goes to park and then walks back to meet me. On our route back to the car we happen to go past a very (well very, very, very,.....) nice shop. I normally only window shop and dream as the prices are pretty steep but they have a huge sale on xD Last week it was a top in the window that pulled me in but I didn't just stop at buying the top xD This week it was shoes and I didn't stop at just the shoes :rolleyes: but all is well and Mr Geazabel is very happy that my method of payment is back to normal from now on and I won't be getting paid in cash so won't need to go to the bank.

Do I feel guily ... errr no! Mr Gezabel is worse than I will ever be. It was him who found a 'beautiful beautiful evening dress' reduced, reduced and reduced again, it was him who suggested me trying it on .. it was him... it was him... :( :wacko:

Note to self: must check when sale ends :o

You havent spent money, you've saved money. Now you wont need to spend it on expensive things xD

:(:(

Couldn't agree more :o trouble is if my lovely Mum was here I know what her view would be:

"Yes it's very nice and you saved money but you could have saved more by not buying it at all"

My mums used to be 'I wish I had....'

she often had regrets about not buying something or not being able to.. we were always looking and buying bargains and doing with the minimum.. ( she always regretted not having a pistachio Ice cream when we were in Venice.. simple not very costly but a missed event held with great regret for many years.. )

so now for me its If I like it and can afford it then buy.. I don't want to have the same regrets she had..

and it is quiet around here.. can tell it is holiday time and a break is needed before getting ready for next term..

Are we not stopping over at someone's house this year?

Yes we are Cait :o

Pleeeeeeeeeeease tell me you have not forgotten you have 47 guests arriving this afternoon and staying for a week. My bags are packed and I am leaving shortly, I clearly remember you inviting everyone and you said you would do a welcome bbq at 6pm tonight and 47 members said yes please. xDxD :rolleyes: :( :unsure: :(;):(:ph34r: :wacko: :ph34r:

Yes we are Cait :o

Pleeeeeeeeeeease tell me you have not forgotten you have 47 guests arriving this afternoon and staying for a week. My bags are packed and I am leaving shortly, I clearly remember you inviting everyone and you said you would do a welcome bbq at 6pm tonight and 47 members said yes please. xDxD :rolleyes: :( :unsure: :(;):(:ph34r: :wacko: :ph34r:

Oh yes, I'm on my way too......not sure that I will be there for the start of the barbie - so please save me a sausage or three! :ph34r:

Cait lives in the Lake District so its always wet. I saw a Welsh comedian on TV last night who said he was 8 before he knew you could take a kagoul off. I think the Lake District's something like that :o

pity we are not away this year..you would love it down here... small quiet village, close to the beach (if not the sea it is a really huge tide here) warm, and lots to do locally.. the pier is brilliant now its been rebuilt , and the steam fair is in town..

maybe that is the reason we don't need to go away.. it all comes to us.. and we can get out and about and sleep in own beds.. best of both worlds..

I do love living in the West Country... washout today though!!! :o

yes Carters Steam Fair.. they have come here every year regularly since the pier burnt down.. and continued now it is up an running.. it really is worth a visit..

and add in the sand sculptures which change every year.. not been yet this year it is in our plans for the summer..

pity we are not away this year..you would love it down here... small quiet village, close to the beach (if not the sea it is a really huge tide here) warm, and lots to do locally.. the pier is brilliant now its been rebuilt , and the steam fair is in town..

maybe that is the reason we don't need to go away.. it all comes to us.. and we can get out and about and sleep in own beds.. best of both worlds..

I do love living in the West Country... washout today though!!! :o

You don't need to be away Inge and you do say ' it all comes to us' so we could all pop in to yours as well. xD

It doesn't always rain where Cait is. I have evidence of no rain last Friday. post-1195-1312791072_thumb.jpg

I assume, dear girl, that it's so quiet because everyone HAS gone to Rome already - I've no passport so it ruled me out, if you remember, but as far as I know, they were off for the first few weeks of the summer hols.