Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Play Money ?

where can i purchase some play money, our children love using it -and slowly over the years its began to go missing ! ive found some in the consortium catalogue, and some 'cheapy sets' on ebay, but any suggestions gratefully received !

We got a big pot full from school clearance or whatever they are called. Certainly wasn't expensive or I wouldn't have got it (cheapskate) We also have pots of loose change that children love to play with too - makes a nicer noise!

• 2 months later...

Hello everyone, as you may know I’m The Librarian, and as well as doing the Video Tutorials, I’m here to try and help with any resource type stuff wherever I can.

I spotted this thread, and thought I’d offer my services on at least the paper money front.

As you can see (hopefully) from the photos below, I’ve created a template for paper money.

If you are interested, send me your Logo/Name and I’ll customise them for your needs …. I’d send you a pdf (with six notes to a page to make it easy to cut out) of all the denominations you want, then, if you are running low you can just print more off (I used some odd coloured paper that was just hanging around).

If you have any other little projects that may be of use, just drop me an email!

Ook!

post-6-1312736885_thumb.jpg

post-6-1312736909_thumb.jpg

OOk OOk - looking good! I might ask for some of those myself!

No problem ... Just e-mail me your logo and any other requirements and I'll sort some ASAP :)

aaaaa@aaaaa.aaa

Ook!

Actually, thinking about it, it'd be better if you PM me (rather than e-mail me) with your requests & logos .

Ook!

No problem ... Just e-mail me your logo and any other requirements and I'll sort some ASAP :)

notamonkey@lspace.somewhere

Ook!

Good point - it's always better not to put your email address in these posts chaps. You'd be surprised how quickly they get picked up by internet surfing programs and added to databases for spam purposes. I've taken the liberty of editing your email address out in the last two posts.

And while I'm at it, I guess I should welcome The Librarian to the FSF - although he's been around for more or less ever, this is the first time he's posted out in the big wide FSF world. If you do have any graphical type resources you need but can't find you should definitely give him a nudge. You can call him Gareth in your PMs if 'Librarian' seems a bit formal. As long as you don't call him a monkey he's very tolerant...

I have just received my very own PERSONALISED play money £1, £5, £10, and £20 notes.

They look fantastic and with our very own logo - just perfect. I have printed them out and can't wait to use them!

All with compliments of fsf The Librarian. So don't go out and buy play notes when you can get your own personalised money here! xD

Thank you SO much Gareth - you're a star :o

Chris

x

Hi Gareth,

I have just been filing my new play notes with my resources ready for September - and came across some role play cheque books that I made last year; since we have such a talented fsf resource maker, would you be able to produce a more 'professional' looking cheque book, complete with logo? :oxD

Hi Chris

I'm glad you liked the money, and I'm sure I can sort that out for you!

Gar

Hi Gareth,

I have just been filing my new play notes with my resources ready for September - and came across some role play cheque books that I made last year; since we have such a talented fsf resource maker, would you be able to produce a more 'professional' looking cheque book, complete with logo? :oxD

While I no longer run a setting.. along these lines wondered if a credit/debit card would add to the resources to do with money.. it could be laminated and used..

our children used to love the 'credit cards' I provided, and I always had worried parents returning them when they found them at home in case someone who had lost them. ... (used the phone top up cards from supermarkets! don't know if I should confess to gathering them whenever I saw them) and these days it is probably one way they regularly see items being bought.. sign of the times I suppose.. I seldom have cash on me!

could this be a money spinner.. sale of play money at events and advertise settings at same time..

Oh, good idea, I can certainly design a Credit Card template.

G

Ook

While I no longer run a setting.. along these lines wondered if a credit/debit card would add to the resources to do with money.. it could be laminated and used..

our children used to love the 'credit cards' I provided, and I always had worried parents returning them when they found them at home in case someone who had lost them. ... (used the phone top up cards from supermarkets! don't know if I should confess to gathering them whenever I saw them) and these days it is probably one way they regularly see items being bought.. sign of the times I suppose.. I seldom have cash on me!

could this be a money spinner.. sale of play money at events and advertise settings at same time..

Heh heh! I'm 'clean' guv'nor!

Of course that'll be fine, when you PM me, can you include a logo if you've got one.

Gar

Now dear librarian i hope your not a money launderer. :oxD:(:(

They look fantastic, will pm you if that's okay, thank you.

Many thanks for our personized play money Librarian!

I look forward to printing my own money.

Honestly, how difficult can it be to solve the current economic problems - just print some more money - it's child's play!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)