Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Official!

It's true, I clearly am not capable of functioning without the FSF!

I kept an eye on things all of yesterday at work, having a qick look and printing off key bits of reading for colleagues re: the EYFS review, savouring the moment when Icould finally get home and give it all my undivided attention.....

Get in, pyjamas on, wine poured and hubs cooking dinner, guess what? Apparently the BT bla bla bla was out across the UK and Plusnet were therefore unable to establish an internet connection!!! GRRRRR......

I tried to read it on my phone but to be honest it really didn't work!

Lessons learned? Change internet provider (clearly unreliable), ALWAYS download docs as soon as I see them rather than wait till later, start sleeping at work????

:o

Now clearly Moo, it must have been pointed out at your initial introduction/initiation, that addiction was going to be a strong possibility, not least because FSF is such a wonderful community. I'm afraid there is very little that can be done about it now that addiction has been acknowledged. You must consign yourself to knowing that evenings, weekends and,. yes, even holidays you will have an overwhelming urge to just "pop in" and see what's going on - thin end of the wedge - before you know it there will be late nights in the chat room, which get more bizarre and surreal every time you go in!

The up side Moo is that we all feel the same, so you are amongst family and therefore, therapy too.

Thank you both for your support and reassurance, after a day like today, which has indeed been very surreal (something to do with politicians and badgers), therapy is most deffinately where I am heading! And it's good to know that even in the distant future I will still have some intelligent company and take part in worthwhile discussions!

Right, midget gems and White Grenache ready!

My Bt blah blah hasn't been down. Strange

I've sometimes even been known to log in at breakfast time, just to check there's nothing vital that I simply MUST know before I go to work

Quick edit to say - pshaw! addiction? perish the thought

Edited by Cait

My Bt blah blah hasn't been down. Strange

I've sometimes even been known to log in at breakfast time, just to check there's nothing vital that I simply MUST know before I go to work

Quick edit to say - pshaw! addiction? perish the thought

That's ok then, I just knew it was completely normal to have a 'quick' look in the morning, and it's Ok that I set my alarm half an hour earlier than I used to, make my coffee and take my laptop up to bed??? (that's a lie, my laptop sleeps next to my bed from around midnight).

Am pleased it's all perfectly acceptable behaviour!

Oh, and the politicians and badgers I'll save for another post :o

I'm also addicted. Have just got in but had to see if I had missed anything important. I don't even know if I'm doing this right as I've never posted anything before!!!!!!!

Well keep up the good work newbury - it worked perfectly!

I'm also addicted. Have just got in but had to see if I had missed anything important. I don't even know if I'm doing this right as I've never posted anything before!!!!!!!

Hi and a very warm welcome..........I'm still in denial about this addiction business though xD:o

Welcome Newbury. So glad others pop in first thing in the morning, thought it was just me with a compulsive disorder.

No seriously sometimes this is my quiet haven away from the real world and my midget gems will be at the ready tonight.

Have a good day everybody. :o

Ok chaps if we are going to take "the pledge" I might have to join in as well.

My name is EYFS1966 and I am an addict.

I am always on line sneaking in a taste of the EYFS Forum before breakfast and have to have another taste before I go to bed.

I hide my addiction by not posting too much, in the hope that no one notices how much I need my "fix".

I have other addictions also, reading CYP daily, checking Ofsted daily, and have recently taken an unhealthy interest in all the education posts at mumsnet which I have to confess to checking twice daily also.

I am so sad that I got up 1 hour early on the 30th to see if there was any information on the EYFS review, and had the DT's until I could print my own full copy that afternoon.

I have a problem, and I know it's unhealthy. the real question is do I want to seek a "cure". Answer.......NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

"Addicted...Being physically or psychologically dependent on something"

YEP! that just about sums it up :o

Perhaps a disclaimer is needed on the registration page, Steve?

Nona

Welcome Newbury, to the world of neglected housework, teetering ironing pile, eye strain and browsing peter pointer finger strain as you click back and forth, keeping unearthly hours, hiding your phone under the covers whilst denying you're 'on that site...AGAIN, what could possibly be new?!!' Aahhh, if only he knew!

However, the plus points are you learn to hold a conversation, hold eye contact and appear interested in what is being said whilst really checking out the forum and typing a reply...struggle to recall said conversations and have unwittingly agreed to all sorts!

Ooh and other than the incredibly warm and supportive community spirit here, seeing your post count increase and your status move on does not help matters either!!

I even bought myself a Netbook so that I don't have to squint at the tiny screen on my Blackberry or fight my daughter for my laptop (when she needs it for homework............& Facebook.............& MSN....................)

It's obviously true that addiction comes at a cost xD

FSF is worth every penny :o

Nona

I think I can help you all with your addiction....being based at FSF HQ as I am I could go and pull out the plug, flick a switch, cause a meltdown of some description while Steve's not looking :o

Now .....obviously......as previously described i am not addicted :(xD but DON'T YOU DARE!