Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

The Adventures Of Ppp - The Conclusion

Hello all.

An update for you:

Well, after lots of thought I have taken it a little further and informed an organisation of my situation. Although I don't think anything can be done and sadly they have got away with it but now some of the parents and villagers know. I took some good advice from one of you lovely people and sent goodbye cards to the children - including a little note for the parents and an email address if they wanted to contact me. Which some did and grateful they were to know I was well as committee had told them I wasn't coming back due to illness.

Well, up until the end of term and last week, the setting is in shambles and no one knows what's going on. The committee are still being underhand and deciding they know best, of course!

I am very very glad to be out of it. I feel so relieved that I don't have to think about the planning any more, buying the snack, washing tea towels and most of all being in that horrid situation! My health has declined in a number of ways and I don't think I'll ever get over what was said to me - I still replay conversations in my head, but this time I defend myself. Something which I never got the chance to do. But it's not worth churning it all up again. Let them fail, let them find their conscience and let them get what they deserve! I need to put it all behind me before I can get back to my old self again. I'll get there!

I hinted a new career path - and yes I am starting a part time course soon, I'll only reveal when I am good at it! I have been put off early years now but I am looking for a part time preschool job that I can do while studying and hopefully the two can coincide for a while.

I created ppp while in my last job and now I am unemployed I feel I can't help anyone or give advise here. I will probably change my name and create a new persona. I don't want to leave the forum as you lovely people have been rocks for me over the past 18 months but ppp has posted a lot of sadness.

So a new name..... maybe' the conversation stopper' - I've been doing that a lot of late! :o

All the best guys! I wish you wonderful Summers and magical moments!

ppp

Edited by Guest

I created ppp while in my last job and now I am unemployed I feel I can't help anyone or give advise here. I will probably change my name and create a new persona. I don't want to leave the forum as you lovely people have been rocks for me over the past 18 months but ppp has posted a lot of sadness.

So a new name..... maybe' the conversation stopper' - I've been doing that a lot of late! :o

I'm sorry but I have to take you to task there. Why on earth do you feel that you can't help anyone or give advice? Excuse me for saying so but that's rubbish. You are still the same person with lots of expertise to share and we need you to keep coming here and doing that.

It sounds like they're finding out what a big mistake they've made but as you say it's not your problem so you can chill over the summer - enjoy. I know what you mean about playing conversations over in your head. I think sometimes we need to do that to come to terms with what's happened. It will stop when you're ready and you'll feel a lot calmer about the whole thing.

I am intrigued to know what the new career is. Shall we have a sweepstake?

Of course you can still give advice! If you keep your PPP we know it'll be advice that's tempered with real knowledge and understanding!

Looking forward to hearing about your new job in due course!

I do the 'conversation' bit all the time with my Mother-in-law!

I think a lot of us feel that we post upsetting moments more than all the good ones. However, that is just the times when we need someone to help us and are sure that this is one place that we will get that help. I think we should accept it without any guilt for asking.

Best luck xx

As others have said, your experience and knowledge do not end here surely - and it is sad perhaps to say, but there will be others coming after you who are being treated appallingly by their committees to whom you can offer real advice.

Don't make rush decisions Peeps - give the summer a chance and your new life a chance first before making such drastic decisions. Hope the course goes well and that you get to work with real grown ups in the future

Sounds like you have found some kind of 'closure' and feeling lrss raw about the whole thing..

as to not being able to give advice.. well someone needs to turn me off then.. seems I have advice for many when I don't work in early years anymore...however I do like to keep up to date with things.. and do hope that my experiences may help others..

expertise is something you gain over time and with different experiences we all have an opinion.. and can often help in an unexpected way... so please don't feel they you are unable to contribute ...

if need be change your name, no reason not to.. but then I don't see any reason you need to either!

good luck in the next step of your journey... exciting times ahead..

Inge

I completely agree with Panders.

We know you as PPP so please don't change unless you really feel that you have to.

I am glad you are moving on and looking to the future. We all replay things in our minds and think of what we should or could have said, and it is a good thing to work it through as you come to terms with it all, and learn to live with the injustice. I'm sure they will eventually regret loosing you even if they don't ever admit to that.

Best of luck with the future and don't let us loose you too.

Best of luck PPP. There is a lesson here for us all and it's not in PPP's past, but in the present. Late last night on Radio 4 there was something very interesting about these conversations we have with ourselves - especially when we are angry about something. Just looked it up, it was called Word of Mouth.

I don't know how to add tricky little spots to click on so I hope this URL gets you there.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00t3zb4

They suggest learning how to meditate as a way of shutting your voices up. Hope you can find some peace.

Keep on playing,

Quick edit: I think it's on again at 1600 today.

Honey

Edited by HoneyPancakes

PPP as you I have been through similar - you never get over it (im 1 1/2 years down the line) and still go through through it all regualary in my head. BUT other things do come along (not ideal in my case but good). You as I can help others that are going/gone through what we have and give advise. and support....... :o:( :wacko:

good luck in your course cant wait to hear how good you are at it xD

ps - dont change your name - i didnt and dont think ive suffered :(:(

It will be sad if you change your name PPP, you are still more than capable of offering advise, you were great at your job and you still are, just because someone didn't appreciate you doesn't mean that we all don't here!

My health has declined in a number of ways and I don't think I'll ever get over what was said to me - I still replay conversations in my head, but this time I defend myself.

I do this often. I've found that writing my defence down in a letter helps in a lot of ways. You can either send it, or keep it for yourself, or burn it, or tear it into tiny pieces! Anything that makes you feel better! In your case I'd be inclined to send it to the committee just because I wouldn't be able to rest until I had let them know just how awful they had been. On the other hand even if you don't it can be a very cathartic and cleansing exercise anyway.

good luck in what ever you do!! You have been through a dreadful time but try to just look forward now it was a horrible thing to happen but you got through it and will only be a stronger and wiser person now. You also will definately still be useful on this forum you have lots to offer in experience and knowledge so keep posting (keep your PPP then we know its you-ive looked out for you on many occasion!!)Unsworth

PPP please don't feel that you can't give advice - of course you can - this recent awful experience and all the good ones too, make you perfectly able and capable of advising others! :o

I have 'used' this forum for all sorts of things, including asking for advice or when I just needed a 'sounding board'.........

I completely understand the 'replaying' of conversations - I do it all the time - but especially if I feel there has been some injustice.

The Committee will get their 'comeuppance' - I'm a firm believer in 'what goes round comes round'.........you are, in my humble opinion well out of it.

So come on - no more talk of name changes or inability to give advice! xD

Look forward to hearing about your new career when you feel able to share......good luck with it all...... :(

I'm sorry but I have to take you to task there. Why on earth do you feel that you can't help anyone or give advice? Excuse me for saying so but that's rubbish. You are still the same person with lots of expertise to share and we need you to keep coming here and doing that.

Agree with Upsy Daisy and the many others who have 'disagreed' that you can't give advice.

As a compromise could you change your name to just 'PPP' (so we know who you are) but change what the letters represent in your mind - something to reflect the new you as you shed that horrible chrysalis they wrapped you in and emerge a 'beautiful butterfly' into a new career or one that is with a group that deserves you!!

I don't think I've said this on here (but have many many times in real life) this forum keeps me sane...knowing others go through similar experiences is incredibly comforting and I have read many times your posts and value the advice you give. Don't let the bu***rs win and impact any further on your life - they certainly shouldn't spoil your time on here. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger!

I think Kariana has some good advice for closure - write it down, seal it up and move on (much easier said than done though!)

Best of luck in whatever you do

Edited by gingerbreadman

Hi ppp

When your feeling lonely or maybe feeling blue,

don't forget the people that are on here just for you,

so whatever you decide may good things come your way,

and remember that your worthy each and everyday.

[ you have got so much experience to give when the time is right dip in and tell us how your getting along]

big hugs bridger :o

Well P3

I'm so glad you have found some kind of closure on this whole sorry episode in your career and have begun to think about life after pre-school. I can't agree that you don't have anything to offer - you have so much knowledge and experience but also bring so many personal qualities to the Forum too. Even though your committee didn't value you, we all do and so I hope you won't disappear.

I can understand why you might want to sign up with a new username and leave playplayplay behind, given all that you've been through. The only problem I can foresee is that you may find it difficult not to reveal your true identity!

Whatever you decide to do, I hope you'll stay around. The FSF wouldn't be the same without you!

Maz

When I said I feel I can't advise I didn't mean because I'm not entitled to just that am I offering sound or useful advice. Many times over the past couple of weeks I have begun to reply to a post and part way thought 'what do I know?!' and erased it all. This is probably because I was made to feel inadequate and was told that I wasn't a good leader. I know deep down it was lies but there is that little naughty fairy that sits on my shoulder (there is a good one also) that whispers negative things in my ear - does anyone else have one? Mother put it there as a reason for my bad behaviour, (as a child of course!) and I had to literally knock it off....perhaps I try that again...

If I do change my name - only the clever ones will know it's me :o

HoneyPancakes - thank you for the radio 4 link - it was very interesting!

bridger - thank you for the poem. I do like a good rhyming poem. - especially those by AA Milne.

Thank you all.......

If I do change my name - only the clever ones will know it's me :o

Just a technicality - but to be anonymous you'd need a new account with a different username. If you change your username it will be changed for all your previous posts, so we'll know its you.

I don't mean to be patronising, so please ignore me if you knew this already! xD

Maz

part of the problem here is that there is no right or wrong..

just a different view or opinion into something...

it may help someone but may confuse and may cause an interesting discussion, but on this forum it is the one I find that all opinions are valued and even if no help what so ever are seldom derided or flamed down...

In my view the more opinions the better, and even if not how I see things may make me think and change or adapt my views...

if you do change I would have no chance of spotting you... not clever enough!

Inge

Yes you are offering sound and useful advice. You are a good practitioner with a great deal of experience. Don't let the lies of those who wanted to take your job influence how you see yourself. You know that you did your job well and less experienced practitioners could benefit from that.

If you really do feel that the knocks were too hard then why not hang around in the lounge for a while joining in the less serious banter which we all enjoy so much until your self confidence has recovered a bit? We'd miss you if you didn't.

PPP, it's hard when your confidence has taken a knock (and boy did that committee knock you :( ) however, we on the FSF value your advice and input and have EVERY CONFIDENCE in you and your abilities!

Perhaps you need to adjust your mindset?! PPP can become Powerful, Positive Person!!!! (I'll be waiting for the alternatives to come flooding in... :o )

The Law of Attraction says thinking positive attracts positive xD

Nona x