Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

One For Those Of Us Of A Certain Age...

Cait

So, I came across an old newspaper in the loft, wrapping up some mugs I was sending to a charity shop and amongst the usual stuff was the TV listings. It set me wondering about us all, and our preferences in our teen years. so, were you:

Starsky or Hutch?

Donny or Michael or David?

Smith or Jones? (Hannibal Heyes or Kid Curry)

- can you think of any others?

I was Hutch, Donny and Heyes!

Hello Cait

You certainly got me thinking with this one.

1. Hutch

2. Is that Cassidy or Essex, 'cos it was only ever David Essex for me - none of the others were anywhere close! So disagrre there.

3. with you on that one, I always thought Kid Curry was a weed!

BMG

Ooh it was Cassidy I meant - but yes, later on was definitely Essex! Those twinkly eyes!!!

now you've got me thinking definitely Hutch and what was that programme with the two blokes who were detectives and liked throwing themselves over cars with guns in their hands (i seem to have described starsky and Hutch again but these ones were after that....arg its going to annoy me all day now :o )

now you've got me thinking definitely Hutch and what was that programme with the two blokes who were detectives and liked throwing themselves over cars with guns in their hands (i seem to have described starsky and Hutch again but these ones were after that....arg its going to annoy me all day now :o )

Miami Vice? Crockett and Tubbs

Edited by Panders

When was The Professionals on? Bodie and Doyle!

Hutch. I even saw him at the Odeon in the 70's. Silver Lady and Black bean soup are the only songs I remember though.

David Essex (yummy)

Donny (even had my bedroom painted purple)

Hannibal Heyes (another yummy)

Remember Chips, the motorbike cops? The High Chaperel?

Edited by Rea

those Chips cops had such tight trousers and a uniform top which never was done up.. like a second skin and open a a long way down from what I remember...

David for me (Cassidy) went to a Wembley concert

but also Essex as home grown one.. (fell for him when I saw him in Godspell on stage in London and had 'meet the cast' time on the stage during the interval.. )

Starskey

and Hannibal Hayes

and never saw Dr Who until much later so quite liked Peter Davidson.., sister was a behind the sofa brigade so they wouldn't let us have it on!

Inge

Tom Baker stood behind me in a queue at Sainsbury's check out once! xD

David Essex - mmmmm

Anyone else as old as me :( ...........I had The Monkees all over my bedroom walls! :o

Watched 'The Boat that Rocked' recently - brought back many happy memories of Radio Caroline...........always listened to the Johnnie Walker show! :( He played 'Warm and Tender Love' every night........

Does anyone remember bay city rollers................................ Leslie used to be my favourite!!!!!!!!!!!

or hectors house??????????????? or the clangers???????? or Andy Pandy?????????????????????

Tony for me....

bay city rollers. ( too young for me.. I was at work full time by then!)

but Watch with Mother... Andy Pandy, Rag Tag and Bobtail, Woodentops, Bill and Ben... any others I dont remember? I loved Rag Tag and Bobtail..

but my favourite when growing up was Listen with Mother on the radio! I was always waiting for that one..

Inge

Definitely loved all of those Inge also loved Picture Book, something magical about the presenter opening up the book and finding lovely things to make or story to read, also when I was a little older Tales from the Riverbank,using real animals and voiced over telling a story.

I had the video Watch With Mother and I was amazed at how slowly the stories unfolded and how simple they were - compared to today's almost manic delivery sometimes.

When my boys were little ones there was a story of two children who lived in a Hotel/bed and breakfast by the sea called the Bucket and Spade, but can't remember the title of the programme, we used to love watching that together, Rainbow and Button Moon too.

Robin and Rosie of Cockleshell Bay?

I have a Hector's House DVD or VCR somewhere and all the Clangers on DVD, oh and Bagpuss pf course. Camberwick Green and its spin off's.......................

Forget David Essex or David Cassidy....... it was Davy Jones from the Monkeys that did it for me......... and Georgie Best.

My children loved Button Moon!

Any one remember "Luke's Kingdom"? The 2 brothers one was blonde and the other dark haired..... I just loved Oliver Tobias

Dukes of Hazard?????