Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Bad Day, Feeling Blue

Guest Spiral

Guest Spiral

don't wish to rant, but....

I'm exhausted and a bit down in the dumps!

Ive had a committee fall out (again) and I'm the bad guy (again). Seems my role is to do all and sundry and theirs is to document (and misinterpret) what I should do and tell me it should be done!

I wish I could go and play with the children more and support the staff team.

Of the six members, only one wants to talk to me - and that's the one I'm having the biggest issues with!

Anyone else feel that committee led settings are failing because of their committee?

Spiral :o:(xD

don't wish to rant, but....

I'm exhausted and a bit down in the dumps!

Ive had a committee fall out (again) and I'm the bad guy (again). Seems my role is to do all and sundry and theirs is to document (and misinterpret) what I should do and tell me it should be done!

I wish I could go and play with the children more and support the staff team.

Of the six members, only one wants to talk to me - and that's the one I'm having the biggest issues with!

Anyone else feel that committee led settings are failing because of their committee?

Spiral xD:(:(

I am not in a committe run setting but couldn't possibly read and run.

I have had a rubbish day with 'staff issues' today so have a HUG from me as I really empathise today!

Hope things improve sooon :o

Guest Spiral

Thank you

--------- here's a hug back ................................................................................

.......................................................................whoosh, squeeze, giggle, clink (glass of wine)!

spiral

x

I am not in a committe run setting but couldn't possibly read and run.

I have had a rubbish day with 'staff issues' today so have a HUG from me as I really empathise today!

Hope things improve sooon :o

There must be something in the air staff issues as well,

:( keep calm

:( Know your facts

:( Record meetings/discussions

SMILE xD

Sue

Spiral, are you me???????? I'm having such a bad time with mine at the moment! They have no idea how much they can upset the one that knows what they are doing!

My committee are coming seem to come to the meetings and not do a lot else - I seem to be constantly reminding

them of things they should be doing - I like you feel that I am chasing my tail and would love a morning to spend with the

children. We have tried to dissolve our committee and change the constitution but there are so many hoops to jump through

with the PLA its a nightmare. Our parents are the same - we had our AGM last week - 2 parents out of 52 families turned up!! I put a snotty note on the board the next day saying how disappointing it was and that the preschool will shut unless they come forward to help. Made a few people stop and think.

At the end of the day you know you are doing a good job and you need to remember that - stick to your guns - you are the professional!! Good Luck

do you all have job descriptions? blame ofsted for anything pants! :( :wacko: keep a communications diary. E-mail them about everything (just forward info) if in doubt hand your notice in and see what happens then xD:oxD (just kidding but sometimes they need to know how your feeling) i am lucky at the moment with my committee but have had my moments in the past. job descriptions and specifications for everyone did help though and being honest with them :rolleyes:

and always.....always .....come and have a rant on here :(:(

Hi as a preschool supervisor and for my sins when my children were little a committee chair i can sympathise from both sides, but i really do understand sometimes when you feel the world is against you and nobody appreciates the work that you do how tough and vunerable you may feel, but each day i open the door to our delightful children that always makes me realise why i do the job i do.

Just when your feeling down remember how much impact you have on the children in your care and that this should keep you going.

big hugs

Hi

We are trying to investigate other ways of running at the moment. I feel that the committee run group where the members are liable for the business side is really old fashioned when so much money and legisation necessary now. There are lots of other ways to run but it all takes time and energy to investigate.

Don't you think though that you should make the effort to speak to these people though after all they are parents.

There is definitely something in the air because even though I work in a school have had a really tough week and several other staff were saying the same things as me.

keep going, you know that what you do is worthwhile even if they don't acknowledge it and make sure you keep records of everything that you do and as well of everything that is questioned.

Big hugs coming your way

Nicky sussex :o

Guest Spiral

Thank you all,

it's made me feel not quite so alone.

I try to keep the comminucation going, emailing as much as possible and talking to them, but they don't drop off their children and are unable to answer their texts etc.

I am rewriting my own job description and they have rewritten it too - they look like two different jobs and they have put their responsibilities on mine. I know it is hard to get it right, I do understand that as a volunteer in such a responsible position it is hard, but this is my career and a truly magical setting.

It's wearing me down. The committee are also all working full time and this adds to the stresses for them and there isn't any support in our area from our local EY teams..the pLA have offered to come in, but my committe sad no to that.

Ah well, I'll just keep on going grumpily along!

Thanks for the support,

Spiral

Sending hugs Sprial

I know how you feel and sometimes just want to sctram myself with mine. My staff are fab but the committee, well there new to this and we have issues. They think i should spend all day everyday with the kids but what about the admin side of it lol

On pre-school alliance is a doc outlining the committee's roles and reposibilities might be worth a look though.

I have a lot of support from Playgroup Network and I contact them myself, I don't go through my committee at all. you need someone in to chat to them about your role and theirs so that they know what is expected of them

Well I'm the chair and I'm brilliant :oxD

Cant remember who said they wanted to get rid of the committee and be a business, but you can change your committee run setting into a Community Interest Charity. Google it, theres loads of info. You dont have to have any input from the PLA, (I feel they dont really have any input at all these days so why should they stop us from doing what we want?)

At some point, when I find time, (huge laugh) I am going to be changing our playgroup to a CIC, our new accountant has a contact for me tohelp with the forms, she said its easy. Its got to be done because our committee now includes me and oh, yes, me!

Guest Spiral
Well I'm the chair and I'm brilliant :oxD

Cant remember who said they wanted to get rid of the committee and be a business, but you can change your committee run setting into a Community Interest Charity. Google it, theres loads of info. You dont have to have any input from the PLA, (I feel they dont really have any input at all these days so why should they stop us from doing what we want?)

At some point, when I find time, (huge laugh) I am going to be changing our playgroup to a CIC, our new accountant has a contact for me tohelp with the forms, she said its easy. Its got to be done because our committee now includes me and oh, yes, me!

Wow Rea,

I looked into this some time ago too, but had cold feet when I thought about the big questions -

What if I want to leave, how can I pass it on easily and feel secure that it will run well?

Is there a finacial tie up from the present one to the cIC?

can I bear the total responsibility?

I'm still tempted though as I do feel that our committee led setting is being held back. The system doesn't seem to work and the PLA aren't supportive.

Please let us know how your CIC interests move forward, take care,

Spiral.

Feel for you,.......... same here - only mines 'owner' issues - begining to wish I had a committee!!!

:o It could be worse, louby loo! You could work for me! xD

Spiral: hang on in there, this too shall pass!

Maz