Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Uh-oh! Who Is That At The Door?

HappyMaz

So there I was this morning, suited and booted ready to go off and deliver a session about reading with your child to a group of parents at our local Children's Centre. I was just about to pick up my car keys and say my farewells when I hear the magic words. "My name is Mrs Ofsted and I'm here to do your inspection".

:o

So a hasty phone call to the CC to say I couldn't come to play today, and then bring it on. She paid us some lovely compliments, and said our group was unrecognisable from our last inspection report, and that we must have worked really hard to change things. She's coming back tomorrow and hopes to be able to give me feedback during the session since I'm super numerary. As she left she told the children she'd had a lovely time, and told me not to worry about tomorrow because everything was fine.

So we shall see.

Maz

PS I couldn't get into my SEF last night (the site said there was an error). So I'm still none the wiser as to whether that is a clue in some situations or not!

Thanks everyone - I'm not counting any chickens, mind you!

And I've just had a look at the online SEF and mine says 'active' just as it always has. So in my case that wasn't a clue, I don't think!

Maz

Well done Maz!

(I think I've said this before) We were inspected in Feb/March and Mrs O downloaded our SEF in December.

ppp

Hope all goes well tomorrow and at least it's now out of the way and you can enjoy the rest of the term.

Let us know how tomorrow goes although I am sure it will be fine as you are always offering good advice and support on here.

Nicky Sussex :oxD

Fingers crossed Maz you and your team get the recognition you deserve. Reading your posts you truly know your stuff - hope she reflects this in her decision

G x

Guest Spiral

Wow Maz,

wishing you the very best for tomorrow - I'm sure you'll get a great grade and deserve every bit of it.

Your advice is always pretty spot on and I've valued your opinion alot.

Virtual hug coming your way..................................... :(:(xD:(:o

spiral.

Thanks everyone for your kind words! Mrs Ofsted declined our kind invitation to go to the allotment with us today, preferring to stay and play with her laptop!

We got 'Good' in all areas, the feedback she gave was really positive and there was lots of praise for how far we've come in three years. She said we were really knocking on the door of Outstanding, so that's what she's expecting us to get next time. No pressure there then!

I am so pleased - some of you will know how disappointed we were with our 'satisfactory' three years ago and it has stuck in my throat ever since! As she was leaving she said we just need a recruitment campaign now so that more children can benefit from attending our lovely group.

And breathe!

Off into town when I've picked MrsWeasley up so that I can buy thank you gifts for my wonderful team and the children.

Maz