Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ruby Wedding Anniversary

hali

hello

it my in laws 40th wedding anniversary in January - and ive started looking for gifts but it all seems to be vases, photo frames, champagne or days out!!!!

has anyone bought or recieved anything more unusual - they are not outgoing people so would probably have to be more of a keepsake!

any ideas????? :o

Edited by hali

We had a red rose named for my parents on their special day and we bought 6, 2 for them and one for each of us. It was somewhere on the internet but big sis did it so I don't know the address. They loved it though and Mum has sprinkled some of my Dad's ashes round his.

Could you get a photo of the church they were married in? Or maybe one of their wedding photos framed if they don't have one up?

There is a company near us who do pot painting and they have a service where the whole family can write messages on a big plate then they will glaze it for you.

There is a company near us who do pot painting and they have a service where the whole family can write messages on a big plate then they will glaze it for you.

You can buy them to do at home too - we (hali and I and our FDEd colleagues) bought them for our tutors at the end of our course.

I love the photo of the church idea, too!

Maz

How about collecting 40 red items: red glasses, red necklace/cufflinks, bottle red wine, some serious "grown up things" then add some red sweets, drinks and some daft things!!

For my parents Golden Wedding I bought a gold (coloured) frame and put one of their wedding photos in it, my sister did them a cross stitch of a wedding scene, and made it personal; both surnames and the bridesmaids where in the colour mum had and my other sister had the coat of arms of the surname made up into an embroidered plaque. They've since celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary and I honestly cant remember what we did for their ruby anniversary!!

Why not set up a visit to a photo studio with the whole family and have a family portrait with the happy couple in the centre. That could be a gift for everyone to keep to remember the occasion.

How about a stained glass window, commissioned to show all their favourite things?

Or a lovely painting of you and your family for them to have?

Or a painting of a family tree with everyone's names on it?

Good luck deciding!! And well done to them for staying together so long!

Think I should 'print off' this thread and all of these lovely ideas - and then just accidentally leave it around for my sons to read! :oxD:(

Mr Sunnyday and I (God willing) will reach this milestone in 2012! :(

Congrats. to your in-laws Hali - do let us know what you decide on!

Sunnyday

The most lovely gift for our 40th was lots and lots of red flowers. The house was more like a florists, and I had them in every container I could find, finally resorting to milk bottles. A lovely meal, all the family around, and perhaps a night away somewhere, would be my idea of a lovely gift.

This year I'm trying to sort out my parent's 70th which is in December!

Oh that's just wonderful! So what is 70?

Platinum. Goodness knows what we will do as they are 97 and 94 years old. Most of their friends have predeceased them :o Probably a nice meal made by me, and invite family and neighbours. They still live independently, but mobility is becoming more and more of an an issue. We will be organising a card from the Queen. We did that for their 60th as well.

thanks for the ideas - may do the 40 things in the box, newspaper and/or rose bush - they are off to madiera for it so bunches of flowers wont be an option :o

Well Hali, any chance of finding out which hotel they are going to? You could get in touch and ask for the Honeymoon Suite I'm sure the hotel would make a little fuss for them if they knew in advance too.