Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Omg! Having Ofsted Inspection Today

Serena

:o Ofsted Inspecter popped in yesterday to inform that l am having my inspection today. Am really not prepared. She had inspected another provision in the area. I had been operating as a childminder previously and had re-registered to full daycare 6 months ago.

Good luck for today Serena - its probably all nearly over now!

They always inspect within six months of a re-registration, but its still a surprise when they turn up isn't it? I'd be quite glad of a 24 hours 'heads up' at this stage (given that if Mrs O arrived on the first day of term I won't be ready!). I hope you got some sleep last nigh!

Maz

Hope it all went well for you today. When we opened 5 years ago, we were told we would be inspected within 6 months... we waited and waited and Mrs O finally arrived after 14 months!! I think the waiting and expectation is harder than the inspection sometimes! Hope you can relax now...and have a glass of wine later!

Beehive

wow what a shock for you yesterday! I hope it went well today

Jen x

Am absolutely shattered. Have been up since 2 in the morning for Ramazan. Have a splitting headache. She was okay. Said two of my staff, only had one 3 wks ago and the other 3 months let me down. We had a good. They werent good on their policies. Would have an an outstanding otherwise. But am pleased as l was hoping for a satisfactory.

Well that's not so bad! The only way is up - as they say, and if those staff let you down and they are going that's great, and there's always the PSLA policies to help you formulate yours!

Well done Serena - if your staff have only been with you for such a short time then they obviously did well, and are working well as a team! You'll have plenty of time to support them as their knowledge improves and develops.

Hope you get a good night's sleep tonight and wake up in the morning smiling in the knowledge that you'll be Ofsted free for the next couple of years, at least!

Congratulations!

Maz

Well done Serena.

To be that close to outstanding after going through such a big change is brilliant!

Your staff can't have let you down that much. It sounds like you will have a lovely setting and a good team. Enjoy your success and look forward to your next inspection knowing that you have loads of time to make sure everything is in place for an outstanding.

Well done Serena.

To be that close to outstanding after going through such a big change is brilliant!

Your staff can't have let you down that much. It sounds like you will have a lovely setting and a good team. Enjoy your success and look forward to your next inspection knowing that you have loads of time to make sure everything is in place for an outstanding.

Thanks for all the encouraging comments. After a good night sleep l feel rather annoyed . The two staff that she said let me down are really good. lt was almost as if she was asking trick questions when she was questionning one of the girls. She was fumbling not because she doesnot know the answers but because she was nervous plus English is her second language. The other girl is the senior supervisor in the babyroom. One of her keychild had been in hospital and yesterday was her first day back. So she kept the child in her arms most of the time. The mom had asked us to do that. The child will not settle with any other members of staff. We got marked down for that because because she said that the staff-member was not interacting with the child but just holding her. As soon as you speak to the child she cries. The girls are so dedicated and worked very well. The parents recognise and value them and that is more important. l dont really think these ratings mean anything to parents. I would have been happy so long as l didnot have an inadequate. None of my parents ever asked for my ofsted report.

• 4 weeks later...
None of my parents ever asked for my ofsted report.

Hi Serena,

Glad everything went well. Just wanted to say that although our parents dont ask to see your Ofsted report, settings are now legally required to give every parent a copy of the report, whether they request it or not. You probably are aware of this now, as Ofsted would have included this in their report.

Claire x