Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Summer 'to Do' List

Cait

yes agree sometimes committe would be good. Trouble is I dont know if I could delegate truthfully I like things done a certain way.

Buttercup

Oh I know that I couldn't cope with a committee really........'control freak' describes me perfectly! :o

• 2 weeks later...
hip hip hooray have just finished my SEF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:oxD:(:(:( :wacko: xD :rolleyes: :unsure: ;)

Pressing submit was like pressing the red button a spaceship!

Now as for the other things on that to do list ................................

Brilliant - good for you - it's a great feeling isn't it! :ph34r:

I have been trying to log in to Ofsted to update mine - without success :ph34r: - have emailed them and they have 'passed the buck' to another dept. :ph34r: - will try some of the tips in dorisdarlings thread! :ph34r:

I've thrown the to do list away. If it isn't on the pile of post it notes that I stuff in my pocket daily then it ain't getting done! I have Mondays as office days from this term so I might just catch up then :o

I've thrown the to do list away. If it isn't on the pile of post it notes that I stuff in my pocket daily then it ain't getting done! I have Mondays as office days from this term so I might just catch up then :o

It might help if i could find the breifcase with the to do list in! marshie

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I felt it was time to return to the dreaded original list, note not the other things I have since added to the bottom...

How's everyone else got on with theirs?

Things To Do

SEF

Make a Staff handbook

Tidy kitchen cupboards at hall, re-home paper and junk modeling stuff (but where?)

Peg labels for new starters

Make new name labels for snack, envelope for each day

Organise key person for new starters

Entrance hall display

Newsletter for September

Register for September – one for each week day but since had 2 changes!

Parent visitor register for September, update and print

Risk Assessments, check updated and filed properly

Sort out filing cabinet

Archive leaving children paperwork

Talk to M. about screen printing bags

e-mail updated logo to committee

Print a pile of blank weekly planning sheets

Update allergy register to include new starters

Finish gifted and talented online course

Send off safeguarding training form

Send off crb stuff

Complete a book audit, make list of texts we’ve got and type of book

Write to liaising settings introducing myself and looking forward to working with them in the future.

Make list of resources, with photographs and where they’re stored. Attach list to each storage area, and have a copy for each staff member and for the children to aid planning

E-mail LA advisor introducing myself as new Preschool leader so can alter records accordingly

Update information booklet – turn into welcome booklet/prospectus – positive spin, add our philosophy and vision, discount for parents at Beauty place, why your child has a key person etc. Include section for child and parent handbook

Write a staff questionnaire – we ask parents and children but what written evidence of staff views? Prepare self for answers.

Check have staff induction paperwork for September

Set up compost bin

Look at mission statement does it describe our setting? Is it clear enough? Is everyone aware of it? Ensure it is displayed appropriately (website, parents etc)

Welcome pack – evaluate what currently there

Redesign new starter paperwork so of more use/relevance

Website

Overview of resources – gaps, what not used? Why?

Overview of how we assess quality (OFSTED)

Sort out photos on camera

Sort out and set up printer for children’s computer

Set up cleaning rota for toys – tie into resource list

Update duty sheet expectations

Consider calendar idea (important dates in advance)

Email toy library

Look into mobile book library

Book safeguarding training

Order sand

Update my key children list

Plan welcome meeting for new parents perhaps 2? 1 afternoon and 1 evening?

Set up folders for new starters (check spellings of names)

Share new policies with staff

Write a wish list if we ever get a grant!!! (Wheeled trolley, outdoor book/pen storage, toddler clipboards…..)

wash dressing up clothes

Look into online management course

not bad considering!!!

Some would say if I spent more time doing and less time list writing....!

It was all going so well. Had pretty much wrapped it up and then went back on Thursday and Friday for 2 new starter settling in sessions - am now working over the weekend to clear the crop of "little things that need doing" :wacko: before I start back at work properly :o on Monday.

I just keep on reminding myself that there's no paperwork in Early Years xD:(:(:(

• 10 months later...

I add things to my list just to tick them off too!

I have spent the last 3 mornings in school tidying the classroom and outdoor area properly (and sorting out the cupboard under the sink (officially the painting cupboard - in reality the 'throw it in if you don't know where it goes' cupboard. Have a mammoth list of 'to dos' I made while tidying and am a bit scared to add all the other things swirling round my head to a piece of paper! :o

my house is full of such places, think every setting should have one and it should be made compulsory in the new EYFS!!

ours is called the magic drawer...even the 3 year olds know its called that :o why's it magic? ...because if you cant find it, it will appear as if by magic in the magic drawer!! xD

Our filing system at school having been through a succession of different admin staff can be somewhat eccentric - will the contact number for a bus company be under 'b' for bus or 't' for transport is an easy question. To cope with this I regularly recommend filing things under 'SP' for safe place!

• 3 years later...