Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Summer 'to Do' List

Cait

Morning all!

Holly thanks for your congratulations! :(

Buttercup - I can identify with your thoughts.....how can it be Friday already :(

So........with that in mind......today I am going to start the dreaded SEF :o

It is absolutely pouring down here so at least I won't be tempted to sit in the garden instead! xD

Have a good day everyone!

Sunnyday

It' s chucking it down here too - we've had 15mm since midnight and poor Zebedee is on flood alert!

I'm a little worried now.......I have a vision of him wearing a wetsuit and snorkel with a children's rubber ring around his waist!!! :o

ok. Well, I didn't start the prospectus update and neither did I look at the website - but they are on my list for this week.

I DID do the keypersons ringbinders - all of them, especially as I thought it might be an idea to trial using the transition sheet's page 4 like someone suggested as an 'on entry' type of thing, so I printed some of them off and also transferred info from those who are staying onto a September 09 kind of 'baseline'. If Mr O wants to see 'value added' there's something he can look at there then.

It was nice to take all the keyperson files back down the road - gives a sense of achievement, plus I can see a bit of living room carpet now!

Edited by Cait

the transition sheet's page 4 like someone suggested as an 'on entry' type of thing

is this something I missed that was a good idea? what page 4??

waaaaay! got the prospectus done! 16 sides too much?

Well done you.....and no 16 sides is not too much, if it's all good info. (which knowing you as I do - it will be)

Now can you please SLOW DOWN - you are making me feel very guilty - haven't done anything even vaguely pre-school related for the last three days :( Oh dear ....must do better tomorrow........ :(:oxD

I worry about the length of our prospectus too. It usually hits me as I come to print it! When I try to cut it down I convince myself it is all relevant and important but I still panic a bit about the printing. I don't think it sounds too long at all though. I've nearly finished the employee handbook but must try harder in the next few days (that's self evaluation :o . If only I could apply it to the actual SEF!)

I've done loads too. This morning I did the salary/hours workout, looking at how many actual days staff will be working plus their 5.6wk holiday pro rata entitlement. Worked out the percentage increase - added it all up and divided by 12 - think they'll be happy with that! Next it's the cash flow to see if that's do-able! haha

Hi,

Well so far I have spent the holidays sorting and tidying my 9 year olds bedroom and with her help you can finally walk all the way round it and get to all the cupboards etc. Also made cakes with both the girls. We have ahd our hair cut and been shopping to IKEA which I loved (bought several things for school but was careful not to buy too much) and generally enjoyed being at home. Also organised the photo shoots for the charity calendar and yesterday collected a bale of hay and a few other items for the October photo so we' re nearly ready to send it to the printers.

Oh, also been busy on here, with comments from my husband (I thought you wouldn't look on there when you are not at school!!!) but we know how important this forum is :(:(

Not done much school work yet but still making my list of things to do.

Well done to Possum and Sunnyday for all you have done today but remember not to rush through your list too quickly or you will stasrt creating a new list of allt he things that you didn't know you needed to do :oxD

Nicky Sussex :( :wacko:

Your husband certainly isn't the only one. I think mine might rip the wireless router out soon! My to do list hasn't really been attacked comprehensively yet. I think on Monday I need to organise better and start prioritising. So far I've had a scattergun approach, dipping into jobs and then flitting. It isn't working. And lets not even mention that SEF - small space on the list but soooo big!

I was thinking.......I would pay GOOD money for someone to do my SEF!!! Any takers?! :o

I would happily do yours and get paid!!! I have to do mine unpaid........and I work in a privately owned pre-school!!!!!!!

Well, if I'm honest I could claim a couple of hours but certainly not the full amount of time it will take to complete.

xxxxxx

I would happily do yours and get paid!!! I have to do mine unpaid........and I work in a privately owned pre-school!!!!!!!

Well, if I'm honest I could claim a couple of hours but certainly not the full amount of time it will take to complete.

xxxxxx

How much?!!! :oxD:(

Well I've had a 'fairly' productive day..........finished producing and then posted and/or delivered packs for new parents!

managed to do other paperwork - not pre-school stuff!

Didn't get round to SEF- there's a surprise! :(

'Proper' walk though - approx. 3 miles..........goodness thought I'd never get home! :wacko: :(

How's everyone else doing?

Sunnyday

Well, considering I am on my bottom 23 hours out of 24 at the moment, I've been a busy girl. A break for the SEF today, been working on all the financial stuff - what a pain - does that ever get any easier. The phone has been going mad, as soon as I pick up the landline then the mobile goes off!! I feel exhausted - is that possible?