About Us
Tapestry

Summer 'to Do' List

Cait

• 3 weeks later...

So..........

How's it going everyone?

I have been working sooooo hard today - missed some beautiful weather xD

Still loads to do though - including that flippin' SEF..........have to prioritise now - what I 'have' to do, what I would 'like' to do and what 'might' get done!!! :(:o

Frightening how little time we have left!

I'm glad I'm not the only one prioritising and coming to the conclusion it won't all get done. Have spent the last two days cleaning our store cupboards. I have loads of that still to do and I could quite happily skip the lot at the moment! SEF back on hold of course!

ok, have disinfected all the garden resources (I sympathise Sunnyday- I spent that beautiful weekend doing it :( ) the following monday they all decided to make mud pies, oh such high quality play and learning as my disinfected garden turned into a quagmire :o

I've taken lots of photo's of resources that i've sorted but not yet laminated them yet

I've begun to edit sef - need to finish

risk assessmnents for outdoor visits

finish sorting and labelling art resources

I've finished planning for september and updated my long term plan

still need to book a campsite for next week

update 3 learning diaries

finish visits for new starters

but - have a day off tommorrow to celebrate my beautiful daughters 11th birthday :( (but haven't got cake yet xD )

best of luck everyone

ok, have disinfected all the garden resources (I sympathise Sunnyday- I spent that beautiful weekend doing it :( ) the following monday they all decided to make mud pies, oh such high quality play and learning as my disinfected garden turned into a quagmire :o

I've taken lots of photo's of resources that i've sorted but not yet laminated them yet

I've begun to edit sef - need to finish

risk assessmnents for outdoor visits

finish sorting and labelling art resources

I've finished planning for september and updated my long term plan

still need to book a campsite for next week

update 3 learning diaries

finish visits for new starters

but - have a day off tommorrow to celebrate my beautiful daughters 11th birthday :( (but haven't got cake yet xD )

best of luck everyone

Yep, she already did, and no doubt will be again! It would be great to have a whole pile of paperwork left out for some of them to see exactly what we've done over the summer, wouldn't it!

Oh pants iv just spent this weekend thinking iv just got to finish my class, lamiate display things and sort out how i will record the entry data and then i log on here and see everybodys list and i am now what is kown as 'freaking out'! I am jsut so relaxed i have forgotton just how much there is to do boo hoo x

It really helps listening to everyone else and knowing it is not just me. Went to playgroup today it is looking so dusty and cobwebs everywhere. Windows dirty and so undtidy stuff just dumped. All staff are in for three days before we go back to clean and get ready It will be a miracle if it gets done.

Anyway i am still plodding through paperwork. Why is there so much. We have been open two years now and the first summer i expected it but i seem to have just as much if not more now. next summer will be different (ha ha)

anyway one week left so i will keep plodding on.

best of luck everone

• 11 months later...

Nothing.....................

But I am on a 'work to rule/strike' as it were!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got to say it's killing me..........soooooooooooooooooo much to do and I can't see it being done by the person that is actually responsible and gets paid VERY highly to do it!.

I'm a little worried about Sept!

What did I have to do last year? xD I know I've farmed some stuff off and possibly even completed some of last years stuff but its only been replaced by other jobs! And the SEF still looms. I'm kind of hoping the new government says it isn't needed so I can justify my prevarication :o

I'm kind of hoping the new government says it isn't needed so I can justify my prevarication :o

Scribble some notes down on a paper copy - it looks like you're doing something then! xD:(

How's everyone getting on this year? Just found this old thread whilst searching for something else!

Nice one Cait - I have just 'wasted' about half an hour reading this from start to end! xD

Well.........I am not doing at all well.........in fact I haven't even made my 'to do' list :o

Right will get down to that! :(:(

And the SEF still looms. I'm kind of hoping the new government says it isn't needed so I can justify my prevarication :o

Well the Government already says it isn't necessary - remember it isn't compulsory so long as you can show Mrs Ofsted that you reflect on practice, identify your setting's strengths and weaknesses and target areas for action to improve.

If you find the SEF too daunting or difficult to work with, look for something else that will help you do the job in a way that you find manageable and sensible in terms of the time it takes!

Maz

Oh no! that's not a good position to be in! Could you do something for your key children?

Too right!!!

Having found out that someone is being paid for all the work I do unpaid has forced me to have a major rethink............ therefore as from now I shall have no keychildren as such. This means from September at least I'll have time (in theory that is!!) to do some of my 'freebee' work during paid time.

Don't get me wrong - I fully understand in this job lots (most!) of the work is 'unpaid' but we are a private setting not a voluntary/charity setting and someone is making quite a bit of money out of the staffs good natures.............

Mind you that said - I'm still having 'September Panics' so I guess I'll end up doing something, that and the fact I get sooo bored during the holidays! There's only so much 'cash in the attic' you can watch!!

xxxx

Sooooo..........here is my list! :(

1. Allocate children - key person (trying hard to ensure that i have less than staff :o )

2. Write and type up Summative Assessments/Next steps for my 6 remaining key children (covering May/June/July)

3. Prepare new registers

4. Review and update SEF

5. Review and update Policies (I am aiming to seriously 'cut down' on these)

6. Prepare name cards for self-registration

7. Prepare new labels for drawer fronts

8. Visit Staples (YAY!) and buy new folders and lots more 'essential' items! :(

9. Visit setting and tidy and clean - at the same time bringing home all role-play outfits, cushions etc. for washing

10. Write Autumn Term 1 Newsletter

11. Update Accounts

12. Collate and write response for Parent Survey

13. Update 'Action Plans'

14. Review and update Risk Assessments

15. Add new children's reg. forms to folder

16. Book entertainer for Christmas Party

Whoa - how scary is that xD:(

Sooooo..........here is my list! :rolleyes:

1. Allocate children - key person (trying hard to ensure that i have less than staff :o )

2. Write and type up Summative Assessments/Next steps for my 6 remaining key children (covering May/June/July)

3. Prepare new registers

4. Review and update SEF

5. Review and update Policies (I am aiming to seriously 'cut down' on these)

6. Prepare name cards for self-registration

7. Prepare new labels for drawer fronts

8. Visit Staples (YAY!) and buy new folders and lots more 'essential' items! :unsure:

9. Visit setting and tidy and clean - at the same time bringing home all role-play outfits, cushions etc. for washing

10. Write Autumn Term 1 Newsletter

11. Update Accounts

12. Collate and write response for Parent Survey

13. Update 'Action Plans'

14. Review and update Risk Assessments

15. Add new children's reg. forms to folder

16. Book entertainer for Christmas Party

Whoa - how scary is that xDxD

And that's the nice thing about this forum!!!.................... Sunnyday - would you mind awfully if I printed off your 'to do list' items 3-16 for me to pass on as 'things you must do before September' list ???!!!!

:(:(:( :wacko: Save me time writing it.......although I am more that happy to do item 8- visit staples myself!

And that's the nice thing about this forum!!!.................... Sunnyday - would you mind awfully if I printed off your 'to do list' items 3-16 for me to pass on as 'things you must do before September' list ???!!!!

:oxD:(:( Save me time writing it.......although I am more that happy to do item 8- visit staples myself!

NO give her mine from post 49!!! goodness! hahahaha

my to do list is huge, same as ones posted

but staples kept me sane by selling me a post it roll! love it huge post it on a roll asicall so to do list is stuck to my wall where i cannot loose it with a big red marker for done things! here are a couple

also main one i crossed off is to make myself an office in the dumping ground cupboard and i have done it!

use to house the tumble drier also which i have moved so have air con also according to a friend! hole in wall according to me!

it is small but i love it, only been waiting 10 years!

post-2271-1280325702_thumb.jpg