close that box

right click in any box you type in on screen

select 'add dictionary'

select English/ British dictionary

Install add ons

close down

restart

Should work :( I hope xD

Yes it should. It's one of those strange things that you think everyone has automatically. Does everyone get the red underlines on here if they put a spelling mistake in, for example?

Yes it should. It's one of those strange things that you think everyone has automatically. Does everyone get the red underlines on here if they put a spelling mistake in, for example?

never!!! thats why i make so many typos!!!

So, I'm finally inputting on line (faint wth shock!) Its taking ages and I'd really like to print bits off as I go but - no luck. When I print I seem to get just the bit that's showing in the typing window. I tried cut and pasting it out of the window but can't right-click it to copy it once I've highlighted it.... any ideas? (Sadly, haven't got time to go back through all these 13 pages on here!)

Ta xx

So, I'm finally inputting on line (faint wth shock!) Its taking ages and I'd really like to print bits off as I go but - no luck. When I print I seem to get just the bit that's showing in the typing window. I tried cut and pasting it out of the window but can't right-click it to copy it once I've highlighted it.... any ideas? (Sadly, haven't got time to go back through all these 13 pages on here!)

Ta xx

Useful keyboard shortcuts! :o

* CTRL+C: Copy

* CTRL+X: Cut

* CTRL+V: Paste

* CTRL+Z: Undo

* CTRL+B: Bold

* CTRL+U: Underline

* CTRL+I: Italic

Just to let you all know I got a phone call from Laura Henry today, a lovely lady. I was very impressed with her quick response to my query (yes she works on Sundays too :o ).

She politely explained that a lot of work has gone into the powerpoint presentation and that as a stand alone (ie: shared on here with you) it would not be as useful as 'going through' it at a training session. I must admit I agree, having tutored sessions, each delegate will view the points on the powerpoint within their own unique context, the audience participation alongside the powerpoint is as I'm sure you are aware from your own training experiences as valuable, if not more so than the content of any powerpoint presentation. I suppose a bit like sharing each others completed SEF forms here would not be useful either, as previously said they are unique.

She did say that she advises anyone who hasn't done so yet to attend training on the SEF, if its available from your local authorities. I did discuss the varying levels of quality of LA training, sometimes useful other times just 'reading from the documents' and not useful at all. xD

If you're LA's have yet to provide training may I suggest that you ask them to consider contacting Linda Henry, as she may be able to provide the SEF training via the LA's budgets. Her Nursery World articles and the information gained from the NW seminar certainly shows that 1/ she knows her stuff and 2/ She is very able to deliver training in a meaningful way.

If you want your LA to consider her for training in your area here is her site HERE, which provides her contact details.

I told her I would be giving this information here, but also that we don't endorse 'advertising' within the forum, she was not 'selling' her services or promoting her consultancy, she was just advocating the benefit of attending SEF training ( whichever provider).

Peggy

Phew, worked pretty solidly from 8.3o am to 3pm and managed to complete about half of my SEF, using detailed notes drawn up by staff team over 3 staff meetings.......... lots of work. To do it in one hit was hard but I definitely got into the flow. Wish I'd been able to complete the whole thing in one go but it wasn't possible. Pleased (I think) with what I did achieve tho....

Found the system easy to use once I'd logged in.... thanks to everyone who told us to save our work as we went. Good move!

As far as I am aware Shropshire offers no training for SEF :( only help we have had is from Development Officer but we had to ask for it like everything- if you don't ask you don't get which I find extremely infuriating- the EYFS training offered (most only in September!) was pityful albeit I didn't personally attend but certainly did not have good reviews from colleagues who said it was extremely basic

Anyway, have now spent two days with leader on SEF this term- we have no previous experience of completing self evaluation and it is bloomin lucky we are in training (leader is completing nvq 4 and I am foundation degree) so that we are able to understand how to be reflective and evaluate our setting-no other staff would be able to complete the form...we are going to do as much as we can and then pass it around committee and other staff before uploading it online for our benefit and then posting it to ofsted and hope to crete a file with evidence to support what we are saying ...By no means has this been an easy task- this topic has been monitored with great interest by myself and leader and have found it extremely useful so thank you for being so open to discuss how you are all getting on with it and sharing advice and information

I agree with previous posts that it does make me laugh (and cry at other times!) how O state the document is optional yet craftily mention that providers must comply with EYFS requirements and have some other form of self evaluation in place xD:o

Oh My... Ive finished the dam thing.... After months of doing a bit leaving it going back to it. Ive hated doing it, i feel like ive done ofsteds job for them! They can just cut and paste my sef now :oxD

Well done you

I'm with you sunnyday! It just seems like one of those jobs which I keep having to put to the bottom of the pile - and then wake in a cold sweat about in the middle if the night!

I'm with you sunnyday! It just seems like one of those jobs which I keep having to put to the bottom of the pile - and then wake in a cold sweat about in the middle if the night!

Oh is that what the night sweats are all about - and there's me thinking it's the menopause!!!

sunnyday

Oh My... Ive finished the dam thing.... After months of doing a bit leaving it going back to it. Ive hated doing it, i feel like ive done ofsteds job for them! They can just cut and paste my sef now :oxD

well done!!!! i felt so relieved when mine was finished!!!! at least it makes inspection soooooo less stressful as they hardly ask any questions and when they do you just say its in the sef!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Is anyone else having problems logging onto ofsted to open the wretched form? (I've got the word doc so can be filling that in.) I now have 3 goverment gateway accounts as the first time I did one as a organisation (silly me, thinking preschool counted as an organisation), but it said I needed to be an individual, so I made another as an individual which says the details are wrong, then another as an individaul, but it keeps saying I need to be an individual!

So frustrated! Boss has sent me home to work on it as we haven't internet at work, and I'm just messing around!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)