Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

S.e.f.

Cait

Hi, l,m new to this web site and I have just left an breakfast /afterschool / holiday club company to start my own club after being in this business for over 20 years and yes we have to do the e.y.f.s and s.e.f and you comments have been very helpful and interesting.

I would like to say "yes we are all different in our settings and age group" but we are all aimimg for the same goals because we are all doing a brillant job and support can come in many ways.

good luck everybody and thank you :o

sorry folks, just had to have a rant. I have reached Section 6 and I don't think I can take any more. I was determined to finish this thing by tomorrow but I don't want to anymore. Anyone else feel they are writing the same thing over and over again, or am I just waffling my way through the document now? rant over, back to work, mrsW.x

sorry folks, just had to have a rant. I have reached Section 6 and I don't think I can take any more. I was determined to finish this thing by tomorrow but I don't want to anymore. Anyone else feel they are writing the same thing over and over again, or am I just waffling my way through the document now? rant over, back to work, mrsW.x

if you feel you are repeating self its fine to cross reference i.e see section (and name), minees been ofsteded and was fine!!!

i know its a nightmare!!! just think the minute its finished it all starts again when have to draw up a FIP from it and then update and update and update!!!!

if you feel you are repeating self its fine to cross reference i.e see section (and name), minees been ofsteded and was fine!!!

i know its a nightmare!!! just think the minute its finished it all starts again when have to draw up a FIP from it and then update and update and update!!!!

now I am really showing my ignorance. i imagine its some kind of improvement plan but what does FIP stand for? Do we have to submit an action plan detailing time scale for completing all our priorities for improvement? mrsW

now I am really showing my ignorance. i imagine its some kind of improvement plan but what does FIP stand for? Do we have to submit an action plan detailing time scale for completing all our priorities for improvement? mrsW

sorry!!! yes its just the new term apparantly for an action plan -focused improvement plan dont know if thats from ofsed or just our locality! you dont have to submit it but its could practice to draw one up from the priorities for improvement stated on your sef (dond you hate all these accronyms!!!! its more detailed i supose than an action plan as you have to state how actions are monitored and evaluated and then update sef accordingly when improvements are made

is it any wonder all the nursey staff i know drink!!!!!

How is it thursday night already i have spent everyday doing paperwork. stuff for new children, newsletters, updating the health and safety folder managed to take the children to the cinema and catch up on the ironing. Every night has been spent doing sef. i have done the first bit and am now embarking on section 5 leadership and management. is it me or am i repeating what i have already done in the other sections. my attitude has changed a bit it is a good way of telling ofsted what you do. when they come i am in such a flap i did forget to tell them lots of things.

anyway better get off here

back to sef

best of luck everyone

angela

How is it thursday night already i have spent everyday doing paperwork. stuff for new children, newsletters, updating the health and safety folder managed to take the children to the cinema and catch up on the ironing. Every night has been spent doing sef. i have done the first bit and am now embarking on section 5 leadership and management. is it me or am i repeating what i have already done in the other sections. my attitude has changed a bit it is a good way of telling ofsted what you do. when they come i am in such a flap i did forget to tell them lots of things.

anyway better get off here

back to sef

best of luck everyone

angela

i agee that although its hell to complete it does help with inspection as inpsector hardly asked any question as its all in the sef!! they also give you a list of general questions to write down answers now rather than ask verbally, changed from january my inspector said because its takes the pressure when asked cold, wasnt a bad experience at all!!!

hooray

I have finished like the rest of you backache, eyeache, headache should we be doing risk assessments for work at home??

I need to print and then give it back to the staff to finalise.

Hopefully thats it for a while although I am not sure I have not waffled a bit in places.

angela

Let us know when you find it and then i'll know what i'm looking for too!

There was a letter in this week's nursery world congratulating the authors on their first article about SEF. Incidentally, the authors were the people running the seminar that cirhossa1, Peggy and I did at the Nursery World show!

Maz

I tried today but I keep getting 'you are denied access' I phoned OFSTED and was talked through exactly what I'd just done only to see the same message again. 'Oh well you'd better get your chairman to phone and confirm her details' Great!

Al

I tried today but I keep getting 'you are denied access' I phoned OFSTED and was talked through exactly what I'd just done only to see the same message again. 'Oh well you'd better get your chairman to phone and confirm her details' Great!

And so yet again, Ofsted win 'most helpful organisation of the week' award... :o

Fantastic news! You getting them a medal, a shield, a trophy or just a badly printed certificate - which gets a bit mangled in the post!

Oh and Maz 03.05am! Do you ever sleep?

Peggy was going to email them with a view to putting their presentation notes up here, I think!

Maz

AHH, I looked at my notes and couldn't find an email address, so thanks for the reminder, I've just searched for their website, got their email address and sent them this:

Dear Laura and Beth,

I have sent this message through your website but I am not sure whether it went through or not.

I am contacting you to thank you for the very informative SEF seminar I attended at the Nursery World Show in January.

I am a member of an Early Years support forum called Foundation Stage Forum,(FSF) the subject of completing the SEF has been discussed within the forum. To give you an idea of the interest and support required for this topic a post was made on Dec 30th, there have since been 175 comments and the post has been viewed 4,586 times.

I informed fellow members that I would be attending your seminar and although I wrote lots of notes I am writing to ask if it would be possible for you to email me the PowerPoint presentation to share with fellow members of the forum. This, I am sure will support everyone in completing their SEF's. The members have commented on how useful your articles featured in Nursery World have been. Keep up the good work, and I look forward to receiving a response to my request.

Best regards,

Peggy Minter

I'll let you all know when I hear back from them. xD

Just wanted to add that although I am not in a setting now I have followed this topic with interest, it never ceases to amaze me the dedication and hard work everyone puts in to ensure that they offer the best quality care and education for their children, you should all be very very proud of yourselves, well done for being such professional and dedicated practitioners, you all deserve a medal (and much more). :o

Peggy

Peggy

Thank you Peggy. As you say - for a post to have that many views, it's obviously something that we're all wanting support and advice with.

oh, and PS - I'm glad I started it now!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)