Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

S.e.f.

Cait

They are similar - and Chicken's was obviously intended to be what you describe, Maz. The Ofsted guidance has more information than will fit into the boxes in Chicken's handout. But Chicken's also contains information about the EYFS card references too

They are similar - and Chicken's was obviously intended to be what you describe, Maz. The Ofsted guidance has more information than will fit into the boxes in Chicken's handout. But Chicken's also contains information about the EYFS card references too

Yes, I've noticed that the online version is different from my paper version too - how annoying. But hey ho - I've combined the two now so hopefully I have all the info... :o

You can change the size of the boxes so the text will fit though Cait!

Yes, I've noticed that the online version is different from my paper version too - how annoying. But hey ho - I've combined the two now so hopefully I have all the info... :o

You can change the size of the boxes so the text will fit though Cait!

Yeah, I know that - I was just commenting on the one from Chicken - perhaps the person who prepared the handout didn't know though

It's a PDF file so you need some like Adobe. If you have this then perhaps you need to update it to a newer version. See here.

It doesn't work for me either - and I've just updated to the latest version of Adobe xD

However it has distracted me for the best part of an hour from the SEF! :o

Maybe it has become the Sunday Exercise Form? xD

Except the only things being exercised are my fingers - been sitting here on my rear for far too long now! :o Even my tea's gone cold! :(

Thanks Chicken - managed to download your document finally and have typed in the card names to my SEF document! You're a star!

Maz

I STILL can't open it..............................:-(

Just click on the link, go away for a long while and do something else and then go back - it will open, I promise!

Maz

So I'm skipping about a bit here, but I'm doing Section 3(a) learning and development. The guidance asks how we:-

• plan the learning environment to help children progress towards the early learning goals
  • plan children's play and exploration, in and out of doors, with a balance of adult-led and child-led activities that help children to think critically and be active and creative learners

Can anyone give me a bit of advice about the level of detail required because I seem to have gone off on a bit of a tangent (quelle surprise), and am finding it hard to evaluate rather than describe what we do. How can I show how we plan our learning environment without describing the various areas of the setting? Presumably this isn't what Ofsted want to see?

I think I may have been looking at this for too long because now nothing is making sense any more! :o

Maz

Maz,

From doing my accreditation work which is so similar to this I think you may need to

Look at HOW you plan, and set up the environment not what the planning is.

For example you may have different areas in the room with resources easily accessible by the children to choose, covered by continuous provision plans to show how the children can learn from this.

Meetings to look at observations of children interests and plan an adult led activity from this, or enhance continuous provision

Look at children's interests / observations and introduce resources to extend their play

All the above will be evidenced within the setting

It takes time to learn look at what you do rather than just describe it in detail.

Inge

Look at HOW you plan, and set up the environment not what the planning is.

Thanks Inge this really helps, and can easily link into what I've already written about our planning systems.

So in terms of planning a stimulating environment, do you think it is necessary to list the areas of the setting or not? Sorry - I know I'm being dense! :o

Maz

I don't think I would necessarily state which ones I had, everyone works differently, and they all overlap so much , just the system of planning and evaluation in place to cover the curriculum and how you develop this to extend learning.

Inge

I'm with you hali! I was feeling on top of this and ready to really get it finished at half term (have asked staff, etc for input already) but the more I read this thread the more I feel like running away. I will probably be back with questions next week.

Hi

Well I am half way through my SEF form. I have given my staff one area each to do whilst we were off due to the snow. It is proving very interesting ....... some of them have written some very usefull information whilst others were totally of the mark. We are going to get together to discuss it and move forward together.

Carol

question 3a,

here are some points that we were told to include, also told to use bullet points so that you do not have to write loads xD

observations used to implement planning

treat each child as an individual

making them feel special, using correct names etc

making progress, levels of well being

using open questions and problem solving

inside and outside learning environments

age appropriate equipment

staff areas of responsibilities

individual child planning

do all staff help with planning or just own children

special needs, SENCO, multicultural toys, outside agencies

gifted and talented :o

I have just realized that all sounds gibberish to me now :(

I knew i should have completed the SEF as soon as i had done the training

Never mind, I hope it helps someone :(

I have just realized that all sounds gibberish to me now xD

Not at all - very helpful Chicken!

Haven't looked at my SEF today - but I'm going to log on in a bit to make sure mine is still 'Active'... what will it change to if Mrs Ofsted is about to visit?

:o

Maz

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)