Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Track and Trace

tormurphy

My concern is that if staff want/need testing, that by the time the results come back, it will have been a waste of time.  A bit like that lovely check we all have to have that’s really only as good as the day it’s completed! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, finleysmaid said:

having spent much time this week sorting things out i have deliberatley left the details of this till the last minute as i know its going to change by monday! however i have now had a parent ask if i will get the staff tested before returning (on monday!!)  I am struggling with this as a) i don't think i can ask the staff to do this! b) if they test negative they might get it by Monday and c) if they have already had it are they going to get lazy about hand washing etc. but i now feel pressure to consider it ...feeling very uneasy about it

I cannot see the point in that. They are only saying to test if symptoms- if you test before symptomatic then that is when he said you could get a false negative. Besides are you going to test everyone (children inc EVERY day) 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, finleysmaid said:

having spent much time this week sorting things out i have deliberatley left the details of this till the last minute as i know its going to change by monday! however i have now had a parent ask if i will get the staff tested before returning (on monday!!)  I am struggling with this as a) i don't think i can ask the staff to do this! b) if they test negative they might get it by Monday and c) if they have already had it are they going to get lazy about hand washing etc. but i now feel pressure to consider it ...feeling very uneasy about it

Have you replied yet?

My answer would be something along the lines of "I am very carefully following the Government guidelines and testing of staff before return to work is not mentioned at all"

At the same time I would be muttering under my breath - just make your mind up, come back, don't come back, but stop making my life even harder than it is right now 😡

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

I thought you had to have symptoms before you could be tested?  Parents must understand, as was mentioned some while ago - nobody is going to be 100 per cent safe.    They will need to make up their own minds about possibilities - look at the percentages of people who have had it against how many people live in their locality or in the country.    They are your odds.

• Like 4

thanks guys always appreciated...no i haven't replied yet but actually formulated a response that sounds very similar to Sunnyday's response (great minds😇) ,,,shes's been iffy from the start wouldn't surprise me if she changes her mind! 

• Like 1

So i need some clarification..

If a child or staff member has symptoms...get tested we stay open until results are back if negative we stay open...if positive we contact PHE and follow advice but probably close for 14 days. If traced we have to go home for 14 days isolation (and so pre-school closes ...no staff) and if my husband gets traced we also have to close for 14 days. .....Think i might just hide ! does this sound right to everyone or have i missed something...have deliberatley left this to the last minute as i'm waiting for the government to change their minds.

• Confused 1

It’s all very confusing isn’t it? My thinking  (and not saying I have this right) is yes carry on until either a child or staff member is tested positive then all in that bubble need to self Isolate for 14 days, if you are traced you stay off for 14 day, I then think anyone you’ve been in less than 2mt contact for more than 15 mins with will also need to isolate (?) but if Mr FM was traced you would only isolate if he actually showed symptoms ....I think you best get on with it, I don’t think they’re changing their minds 😢

• Thanks 1

yes it is...the issue i have is that i don't have enough staff to create 2 bubbles of staff so if one's off we're all off. I have one who is shielding and aparently can come back tomorrow! not really going to happen...i'll wait for a couple of weeks before we sort that out. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, finleysmaid said:

yes it is...the issue i have is that i don't have enough staff to create 2 bubbles of staff so if one's off we're all off. I have one who is shielding and aparently can come back tomorrow! not really going to happen...i'll wait for a couple of weeks before we sort that out. 

Crikey fm I think your shielded staff member has misunderstood - no going back to work, the change is to meet just one person outside

58 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

Crikey fm I think your shielded staff member has misunderstood - no going back to work, the change is to meet just one person outside

Actually it wasn't her that said it ...it was my MIL have now read the info!!! was not going to bring back anyway she has a daughter at home to look after too

😄

• Like 2