Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Track and Trace

tormurphy

Interesting question, I hadn’t thought about it, but I guess I’d follow the same guidance that we would if a child or staff had to leave the setting with symptoms, which only says anyone else would have to isolate if a test was positive. I’d ask the family to let me know if they developed symptoms themselves and for test results.

I think RP asked a question tonight on the same thing, he asked if he was contacted and told to self-isolate could he go home or have to stay away from the family, I’m sure the answer was he could go home to S-I and his family wouldn’t have to S-I unless he developed symptoms, so on that one parent might be told they have to S-I but the other could still bring a child to the setting....It’s all getting very confusing and something else that will need adding to the plan 🤦‍♀️ 

Edit - found this on the BBC news site, but it also raises another question ....if a member of staff is contacted and told to S-I for 14 days who’s paying them? 

E748ABFA-693B-4C59-80CA-6A7B0B25BF02.jpeg

Edited by Mouseketeer

I followed a thread on Twitter about this last night, and a number of people were saying that they would prefer to send the whole bubble home, at least until the result of the test came back negative, rather than wait for the test to come back as positive. 

As you say though, who pays for the staff that do have to SI for 14 days, and how does this help parents if at a moments notice, they are told that they have to return to pick up their child and stay home for 14 days (if the result of the test is positive). 

• Like 1

I just can’t see people will do it if it means losing pay 🤷‍♀️

and we also now need to think about the implications regards gdpr if we (or a staff member) are contacted by a tracer and asked to give details of our families and other staff ...another agreement to prepare 🤦‍♀️

Edited by Mouseketeer
  • Sad 1

53 minutes ago, BenC said:

Completely agree with you! Especially when those in charge are not setting the best example for others to follow....

I can't think who you mean Ben:ph34r:xD

In my humble opinion they have given this system the wrong name 'track' hmm that immediately ruffles my feathers (I don't want to be tracked ever or by anyone)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BenC said:

I didn't realise that this track and trace relied on an app - I did worry about how they were going to track us! Thought it was going to be like on that Ch4 program - Hunted! 

No Ben this is not the 'app' one - at least I don't think so...….

1 minute ago, BenC said:

Oh....so my initial worry remains - how are they tracking and tracing us?!

Now - don't rely on my info here but I think if I developed symptoms I would be expected to contact 'someone' hmm nhs I suppose and then supply details of those that I had been in close contact with

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BenC said:

Who knows indeed! Maybe we'll find out one day! 

It's like the DfE telling everyone that under 5s can be tested, at the same time as NHS saying they can't! 

We really don't know if we are Cumming or going - see what I did there xD

• Haha 3

Ah that makes sense! Yeah...I can't see that failing in any way at all!! 

Thought process of someone with symptoms...

"I've been to the shops, I won't know who I've been near so no point in calling ....and again, if I tell someone, does that mean I don't get paid for 14 days? It's probably nothing anyway....."

Old saddo here - I have been recording for weeks where I have been, at what time etc. (generally just the trip to Tesco's to be absolutely honest) so that, should I develop symptoms and I am asked, who, when, where by NHS I could tell them:D

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BenC said:

I didn't realise that this track and trace relied on an app - I did worry about how they were going to track us! Thought it was going to be like on that Ch4 program - Hunted! 

Ohhh I love hunted but do get a bit annoyed that they have no hope when the hunters can go in to homes and demand to check friends and families phones 😡

Now BJ is saying can furlough staff who have to isolate for 2 weeks .....doesn’t he know it has to be a min 3 weeks ?

Edited by Mouseketeer

31 minutes ago, Mouseketeer said:

Ohhh I love hunted but do get a bit annoyed that they have no hope when the hunters can go in to homes and demand to check friends and families phones 😡

Now BJ is saying can furlough staff who have to isolate for 2 weeks .....doesn’t he know it has to be a min 3 weeks ?

Proof if any were needed Mousie that he does not know what he is talking about:ph34r:

Now - back to test and trace (or whatever it is called) - I think the info from today's briefing would indicate that all contacts would need to self-isolate - or am I mistaken?

Call me a cynic, but I get the feeling this has all been a bit rushed through because of a certain person.

Track n Trace...... surely their method is just what anyone (well most of us would do anyway). You get the virus, you'd tell your friends and family, well I"m sure most would!  Personally I think we need an app to find the people we don't know, the ones we may have been in a shop with etc O.o Note: I've not actually been anywhere for the whole of lockdown so I don't actually know what it's like in the outside world anymore.

The two medical men seemed very 'down'  and negative  I felt, kept saying over and over we must still distance, try not to see too many different people if poss, admitting the numbers on the graphs weren't reliable, that the R rate was probably near 1 than .7.     And I'm sure one said the infections rate was probably more like 9,000 rather than the just under 2,000 ........ However I may have heard that wrong- I really hope I did!!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Panders said:

Old saddo here - I have been recording for weeks where I have been, at what time etc. (generally just the trip to Tesco's to be absolutely honest) so that, should I develop symptoms and I am asked, who, when, where by NHS I could tell them:D

But as you were going around Tesco (other supermarkets are available) did you give everyone your data protection policy and ask them to sign an agreement that you could give out their details 🤦‍♀️

I’m not seeing anyone is going to be happy with either sick pay or paid holiday

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/nhs-test-and-trace-how-it-works

Edited by Mouseketeer
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mouseketeer said:

I’m not seeing anyone is going to be happy with either sick pay or paid holiday

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/nhs-test-and-trace-how-it-works

Exactly! 

Imagine working in a setting where you get sent home, so have to take cut in pay, come back, then next day, someone else has symptoms, so off you all go again - and repeat! 

35 minutes ago, BenC said:

Exactly! 

Imagine working in a setting where you get sent home, so have to take cut in pay, come back, then next day, someone else has symptoms, so off you all go again - and repeat! 

Not quite like that ... my understanding is this.

If member of staff or child has symptoms they go home and get test. If their test is positive then rest of their bubble is sent home (important to have small bubbles imho). All in bubble can get test. If test negative, can come back. If test positive then their immediate contacts get tests. We've arranged our bubbles and our management team to be working in different spaces so if one gets 'knocked out' the nursery can still operate. Close contact is 15 minutes at less than 2M (so playing in a room basically) or 1 minute face to face.

I think if bubbles are small and play separately it's about as alright as it's ever going to be. For me, bubbles or bust ... I'm going bubbles :)

I have 3 bubbles and each bubble has 2 groups which play separately each day. No group size more than 10, mostly 6-8children and 1 or 2 staff.

If it works on Monday I shall dance a merry jig round my kitchen :)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Rebecca said:

Not quite like that ... my understanding is this.

If member of staff or child has symptoms they go home and get test. If their test is positive then rest of their bubble is sent home (important to have small bubbles imho). All in bubble can get test. If test negative, can come back. If test positive then their immediate contacts get tests. We've arranged our bubbles and our management team to be working in different spaces so if one gets 'knocked out' the nursery can still operate. Close contact is 15 minutes at less than 2M (so playing in a room basically) or 1 minute face to face.

I can see that, but yesterday Chris Whitty stressed about false negatives as it can take up to three days to show up?

• Like 1

I’m not so worried about it all works if someone has symptoms (well I obviously am worried) but more unsure where this ‘track & trace’ is gong to leave us, staff wise and finance wise.

Rebecca - can I ask if you’re doing staff/parent agreements due to GDPR if a member of staff is asked to give their details or Are you using agreements we already have in place to get around this? I guess we could say it’s Legal Obligation/safeguarding? Crumbs that was 2 yrs ago we were all working our way through that minefield ....no wonder I’ve forgotten it all 🙈

Edited by Mouseketeer

42 minutes ago, Mouseketeer said:

Crumbs that was 2 yrs ago we were all working our way through that minefield ....no wonder I’ve forgotten it all 🙈

We were all so worried about getting that right - little did we know what we would be worrying about two years on 😷

15 hours ago, Mouseketeer said:

I’m not so worried about it all works if someone has symptoms (well I obviously am worried) but more unsure where this ‘track & trace’ is gong to leave us, staff wise and finance wise.

Rebecca - can I ask if you’re doing staff/parent agreements due to GDPR if a member of staff is asked to give their details or Are you using agreements we already have in place to get around this? I guess we could say it’s Legal Obligation/safeguarding? Crumbs that was 2 yrs ago we were all working our way through that minefield ....no wonder I’ve forgotten it all 🙈

No, I’m not because I will ask staff to share details themselves - I think we’re a small enough nursery for that to happen. We don’t have an HR dept and all staff are well known to parents. I also agree that it wine covered by the safeguarding clause. 
If there is transmission at work though you have to RIDDOR report - especially if it’s a transmission due to lack of PPE or unsafe practices ( which I’m taking to mean mixing of groups, lack of hand washing facilities etc) 

• Like 1

having spent much time this week sorting things out i have deliberatley left the details of this till the last minute as i know its going to change by monday! however i have now had a parent ask if i will get the staff tested before returning (on monday!!)  I am struggling with this as a) i don't think i can ask the staff to do this! b) if they test negative they might get it by Monday and c) if they have already had it are they going to get lazy about hand washing etc. but i now feel pressure to consider it ...feeling very uneasy about it

54 minutes ago, Rebecca said:

No, I’m not because I will ask staff to share details themselves - I think we’re a small enough nursery for that to happen. We don’t have an HR dept and all staff are well known to parents. I also agree that it wine covered by the safeguarding clause. 
If there is transmission at work though you have to RIDDOR report - especially if it’s a transmission due to lack of PPE or unsafe practices ( which I’m taking to mean mixing of groups, lack of hand washing facilities etc) 

Thanks Rebecca, The aim is to not have close contact for more than 15 mins, I can only see that being necessary if a child becomes upset or ill, if Ill PPE is available.

• Like 1