Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Happy birthday to all of us!

Steve

Hi all -

The FSF is 17 years old tomorrow. As member number 1 I would like to say thanks for the company and community since Valentine's day 2003.

Have a look at the front page and our resident artist Kat's lovely birthday cake. Everyone should take a slice - if you're vegan it's probably vegan...

Steve

• Like 5

Where does the time go? I remember the days when (I only joined in the April), it was all shiny and new and we rattled around a bit. I guess 17 years has seen some pretty big changes in the FSF and also in the world of early years? Who remembers the desirable learning outcomes and the Barbie book? 

I think I've learned more than I've shared over the years.

Anyway happy birthday to the FSF.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mundia said:

Who remembers the desirable learning outcomes and the Barbie book? 

Def desirable outcomes, not the Barbie book though mundia .....though I did get the Twinkle comic 🤣 

6000 posts FM ....you can also have a 🎖 along with lots of long time (13’ish yrs) forum friends’ for chats, laughs and advice :-) 

• Like 2

Desirable Learning Outcomes - certainly remember all that coming in.   Very wet behind the ears about early years then!   As you begin your 18th year - and look forward to coming of age well done all those who continue to keep the FSF inspirational and relevant to all of those working in the industry.   Happy Birthday FSF.

• Like 2

You're certainly one of the old timers Mundia, if you don't mind me putting it that way! Along with me of course.

It's just struck me that many of you are saying Happy Birthday to 'you'. As if it was the people working here who were celebrating the birthday. When I said Happy Birthday to 'all of us' I of course meant you the membership! :)

• Like 1

A belated happy birthday from me too...I am member number 7 .... can you believe that!

I was drowning under a sea of red roses, champagne and chocolate as it was Valentines day so didn't get online xDxDxD

It has been an absolute delight to hang out with you guys for the last 17 years and as I am feeling sentimental I am lifting the ban on mentioning Christmas until the 24/12/20 this year....go on, go mad, lets talk about tinsel right now :PxD:P

With big hugs and boxes of baubles,

Sue x

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sue said:

A belated happy birthday from me too...I am member number 7 .... can you believe that!

I was drowning under a sea of red roses, champagne and chocolate as it was Valentines day so didn't get online xDxDxD

It has been an absolute delight to hang out with you guys for the last 17 years and as I am feeling sentimental I am lifting the ban on mentioning Christmas until the 24/12/20 this year....go on, go mad, lets talk about tinsel right now :PxD:P

With big hugs and boxes of baubles,

Sue x

Steady on Sue

(maybe time to step away from the bubbly xD)

• Haha 4

On 17/02/2020 at 14:10, Stargrower said:

Goodness, I remember the Desirable Learning Outcomes and the Barbie Book!  And being inspected by the Local Authority instead of the big O!

I thought I’d been around the block but am intrigued by this Barbie Book...I tried googling but didn’t find anything EY related, what was it? 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Mouseketeer said:

I thought I’d been around the block but am intrigued by this Barbie Book...I tried googling but didn’t find anything EY related, what was it? 

I too remember the desirable learning outcomes but the Barrie book?, someone please enlighten us!

• Like 3

The Barbie book was the nickname given to The  Curriculum Guidance to the Foundation Stage because it had the pink strip down the side.

Sorry the art of photo addition has eluded me.

Maybe it was a regional  thing but  we just always called it the Barbie book.

• Like 3

I don't recall it being called that around our area.

However I will admit I still have a few of the folders that I covered and still use - nice and strong they are!  (one of our parents donated loads of A1 sticky back paper xDxD)

Those were the days- we got given sturdy paperwork free.

2 hours ago, louby loo said:

I don't recall it being called that around our area.

However I will admit I still have a few of the folders that I covered and still use - nice and strong they are!  (one of our parents donated loads of A1 sticky back paper xDxD)

Those were the days- we got given sturdy paperwork free.

Now we have to download and print everything ourselves!

2 hours ago, Mouseketeer said:

Yep and all in the amazing technicolor formats they send out as PDFs so you can’t even tone them done :-( 

My pet hate!  

Years ago our LA sent out training date on simple printed A4 format which you just returned relevant one back filled in. We just handed around staff and they were able to look and pick during staff meetings.

Now they send us a PDF with wasted pages of colour massive colour borders on every page, A4 photos etc...  all this with very little actual  training inside.  

I

• Confused 1

• 1 month later...

Belated Birthday Greetings to one and all.

I havent checked in for a long time now as I have been "retired" for nearly 8 years and am completely out of touch,. Early retirement I hasten to add and in the last 7 years I have been revisiting the joys of early childhood with a great nephew!
He will soon be starting yr3 and I will be completely out of my comfort zone. Its a strange time in education right now with all the schools shut in this health scare we find ourselves in and I am feeling very wobbly with needing to look after my elderly mother.
Congratulations to Steve and Helen for the vision that they had, that has made this forum not only grow and develop but also remain sustainable. 

• Like 3

Hi Susan -

Great to hear from you - it's definitely been a while! Glad to hear you've been busy with your nephew.

Yes, wobbly times for all I guess. But heartening that in many cases it's bringing people together, and forcing a re-think on what's important in life. Shame it had to be under these dire circumstances!

Pop in more often! xx

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)