Jump to content
Home
Forum
Join Us
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Documentation to Keep


spiceye
 Share

Recommended Posts

Dear All,

Just going through my boxes (and boxes) or records and wondered if anyone knew what should be kept and for how long?  I have the following on single paper:

Daily - Sleep record, Nappy changing, signing in sheet, food intake

Profile Books - on each child

Enrolment forms

Risk Assessments

Many thanks and enjoy the sunshine :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have trawled the internet in the hope of finding this out and found differing answers. There is a list on here somewhere with recommendations from the PLA etc but I wanted to know what had to be done by law. I came to the following conclusions:

Anything relating to a child's personal details, eg registration form, keep for 3 years after they have left. Keep general accident forms for 3 years but if a more serious accident, keep for 21years. risk assessments keep for 3 years, daily sleep, food etc I would get rid of after a year. (no legislation on this but can't see a reason why you would need to keep any longer, as if there was anything to come of it, it would then come under another category, like accident) SEN referrals keep for 6 years, safeguarding for 25 years, medicine 3yrs. and funding forms, depends on what your own council says.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, AliceinWonderland said:

I funding forms, depends on what your own council says.

My theory on this one is that this is THEIR data NOT mine...I have told them this too! if Parents wanted to ask about funding information after they left that would be up to the county to sort out wouldn't it??

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, finleysmaid said:

My theory on this one is that this is THEIR data NOT mine...I have told them this too! if Parents wanted to ask about funding information after they left that would be up to the county to sort out wouldn't it??

I agree finleysmaid, our LA agreed with me too but not sure what others may say. I've had a massive sort out recently and now have a broken shredder!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On ‎04‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 07:16, finleysmaid said:

My theory on this one is that this is THEIR data NOT mine...I have told them this too! if Parents wanted to ask about funding information after they left that would be up to the county to sort out wouldn't it??

  • Sure we were separated at birth - we could be 'the bolshy sisters' xD
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 04/07/2019 at 07:16, finleysmaid said:

My theory on this one is that this is THEIR data NOT mine...I have told them this too! if Parents wanted to ask about funding information after they left that would be up to the county to sort out wouldn't it??

Actually I think I'm going to offer to post all my funding forms back to the LA - and tell them to store them if they want them kept!  >:(

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, louby loo said:

Actually I think I'm going to offer to post all my funding forms back to the LA - and tell them to store them if they want them kept!  >:(

That’s a great plan louby Lou, we had moved to only needing 1 parent agreement per financial year but when the 30hrs came in they reverted back to needing 1 a term, it really annoys me how much paper and ink is wasted... and maybe if they were having to print them they wouldn't create them with so much colour and shading :(

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/6/2019 at 12:40, Mouseketeer said:

That’s a great plan louby Lou, we had moved to only needing 1 parent agreement per financial year but when the 30hrs came in they reverted back to needing 1 a term, it really annoys me how much paper and ink is wasted... and maybe if they were having to print them they wouldn't create them with so much colour and shading :(

OMG!! I keep moaning and complaining about this!! Everything they send us to print has this HUGE purple header and footer on. Even if I print in B&W- still uses masses of ink. They keep saying they have no choice and that all their paperwork has to have this on. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, lynned55 said:

OMG!! I keep moaning and complaining about this!! Everything they send us to print has this HUGE purple header and footer on. Even if I print in B&W- still uses masses of ink. They keep saying they have no choice and that all their paperwork has to have this on. 

It drives me nuts, then they have the cheek to email their ‘childcare choices’ posters and leaflets promoting their f#£@ hours and expect us to print them too ....maybe we should start sending invoices to our counties for printing costs gggrrr

EYA payroll are the same with payslips, when they posted them to us they were white with thin navy boxes, now we have them emailed to print they are totally green :-( 

Edited by Mouseketeer
Link to comment
Share on other sites

What are EYA payslips- is it a payroll system that anyone can use or just through you LA type thing?  

We use sage for our payroll and they are just black and white  very basic. Well I guess they could be any colour paper I choose to load the printer with I suppose xD

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, louby loo said:

What are EYA payslips- is it a payroll system that anyone can use or just through you LA type thing?  

We use sage for our payroll and they are just black and white  very basic. Well I guess they could be any colour paper I choose to load the printer with I suppose xD

We use Early Years Alliance (ex PSLA) to do our payroll ...excellent service apart from emailing green payslips lol, they can email them to staff directly but I’m a bit paranoid that they might send the wrong ones to staff 🤦‍♀️ 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, Mouseketeer said:

We use Early Years Alliance (ex PSLA) to do our payroll ...excellent service apart from emailing green payslips lol, they can email them to staff directly but I’m a bit paranoid that they might send the wrong ones to staff 🤦‍♀️ 

How much does it cost each month (if you don't mind me asking)?

We use sage, which cost about £12/13 a month we have to add hours etc and it does all the tax stuff. - but I guess thats the same as EYA?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, louby loo said:

How much does it cost each month (if you don't mind me asking)?

We use sage, which cost about £12/13 a month we have to add hours etc and it does all the tax stuff. - but I guess thats the same as EYA?

We pay 2.90 (exc vat) per person a month and then £130.00 a year for the ‘inclusive package’ which is for all end of year paperwork & pension figures, I just submit a monthly pay adjustment sheet or email in to say all basic, it’s all emailed back (password protected) within 2 days, we use the Devon/south west office and there are a couple others across the country I think. It really is an excellent service, all questions are promptly answered/sorted if anything crops up.

I used to do the payroll but decided when the work place pensions came in that I wasn’t paid enough for all the responsibility of ensuring employees (which I am also an employee) tax, holiday pay and pensions was correct.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Mouseketeer said:

We pay 2.90 (exc vat) per person a month and then £130.00 a year for the ‘inclusive package’ which is for all end of year paperwork & pension figures, I just submit a monthly pay adjustment sheet or email in to say all basic, it’s all emailed back (password protected) within 2 days, we use the Devon/south west office and there are a couple others across the country I think. It really is an excellent service, all questions are promptly answered/sorted if anything crops up.

I used to do the payroll but decided when the work place pensions came in that I wasn’t paid enough for all the responsibility of ensuring employees (which I am also an employee) tax, holiday pay and pensions was correct.

 

 

thanks :) sounds pretty much the same as sage, although I do  have to work out the holiday pay.

Well I don't actually do the payroll though (I get my 'unpaid daughter to do it :oxD!!!)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, zigzag said:

I started using EYA after Mouseketeer suggested it and it really is a good service.  Very helpful people at the end of the phone and a quick turnaround for wages. 

Pleased to hear you are happy with their service :-D 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)