Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Summer holiday 2018

sunnyday

22 minutes ago, Froglet said:

Well, I am struggling with the TDL.  I cannot get motivated to do anything on it.  I am more tempted by my governor TDL and that's saying something!  I'm also quite tempted to do baking of some kind - no idea what though as I have no eggs which limits it somewhat.  I could always pull out the emergency biscuits recipe...

Plenty of time yet for the TDL (well that's what I am telling myself anyway)

Like today's like this one when I know that I won't even think about mine!

11 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

Plenty of time yet for the TDL (well that's what I am telling myself anyway)

Like today's like this one when I know that I won't even think about mine!

There is plenty of time but I'm not really doing much else at the moment because I 'ought' to be working.  If I can get it done (or enough of it) then hopefully I should be able to switch off completely.  On a positive - I have just put some coconut biscuits in the oven...  It counts as tidying up because I used the tail end of a bag of coconut I had sitting in the baking cupboard.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Froglet said:

There is plenty of time but I'm not really doing much else at the moment because I 'ought' to be working.  If I can get it done (or enough of it) then hopefully I should be able to switch off completely.  On a positive - I have just put some coconut biscuits in the oven...  It counts as tidying up because I used the tail end of a bag of coconut I had sitting in the baking cupboard.

I'm feeling a bit like that with the work TDL too.   I'm off to Devon next week for a non-holiday type week, husband needs to do a few(big) odd jobs for his sister, so I'm taking laptop and a few bits so I can keep myself occupied while his working during the day.  Hoping the complete lack of home distractions will get me back on track 9_9

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, louby loo said:

I'm feeling a bit like that with the work TDL too.   I'm off to Devon next week for a non-holiday type week, husband needs to do a few(big) odd jobs for his sister, so I'm taking laptop and a few bits so I can keep myself occupied while his working during the day.  Hoping the complete lack of home distractions will get me back on track 9_9

Oh sounds great, I love Devon, make time to enjoy your visit :)

• Like 2

I am so nearly there with the TDL but kinda hit a brick wall.  Waiting for my Ikea order which is coming on Monday, so will get husband to put up the shelves and hooks for me and then hopefully I will motivate myself to finish.  Really not that much more to do at all!

• Like 2

Congratulations zigzag.

I have just booked somewhere to stay in Yorkshire for 2 nights next week.  I know that doesn't sound like much but for various reasons this is a big deal for me.  Am planning to spend a day doing 'Bronte stuff' in Haworth and a bit of very gentle walking.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Froglet said:

Congratulations zigzag.

I have just booked somewhere to stay in Yorkshire for 2 nights next week.  I know that doesn't sound like much but for various reasons this is a big deal for me.  Am planning to spend a day doing 'Bronte stuff' in Haworth and a bit of very gentle walking.

Enjoy :) xx

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Froglet said:

Congratulations zigzag.

Sounds lovely to me :)

• Like 2

Busy day here - 3 grandchildren + 1 granddog :D all good fun but quite pleased to have my house nice and quiet now with just me and Mr S (oh and the dog!)

I have re written the old TDL - couldn't quite see what I had/hadn't done...…..there is still a fair bit to do :ph34r: :D

Mr S will be off to Ireland with a couple of friends tomorrow - they are going to a music festival - so will just be me and the dog for a few days! My DIL said "bet you're looking forward to some time on your own" - er no I will really miss him - but just so pleased that he is well enough to go and I know that he will really enjoy all that 'diddly dee' music :D

• Like 5

2 hours ago, sunnyday said:

I have re written the old TDL - couldn't quite see what I had/hadn't done...…..there is still a fair bit to do :ph34r: :D

Mr S will be off to Ireland with a couple of friends tomorrow - they are going to a music festival - so will just be me and the dog for a few days! My DIL said "bet you're looking forward to some time on your own" - er no I will really miss him - but just so pleased that he is well enough to go and I know that he will really enjoy all that 'diddly dee' music :D

Essential I think, to reassess the TDL each week.   Whilst lovely to cross out or tick off, or both :D to have a clear idea and a "reboot" you do have to re write.

Way you go Mr S, it will do him the world of good to go off with his mates for a few days, you and the granddog can keep each other company.

• Haha 1

Another re-write of the old TDL - have told myself that some of the 'filing tasks' can be carried out in session when we return :)

Accounts completed today - very pleased - not my favourite job :D

Might have a bash at the September newsletter now......

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

Another re-write of the old TDL - have told myself that some of the 'filing tasks' can be carried out in session when we return :)

Accounts completed today - very pleased - not my favourite job :D

Might have a bash at the September newsletter now......

8 minutes ago, Sue said:

Is it raining there sunnyday?  miserable day here in Sussex so sort of day you don't mind being in doing accounts lol

Ohww ohww - I'm in sunny Devon (well it did rain this morning) and I have done my accounts!!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We have been up to the Royal Brompton again today, 'something' was 'raised' in the last bloods that were taken and indicated tat there could be some 'stress' on the right side of his heart - so it was a heart scan (not called that um an echocardiogram  - maybe)

I can't quite believe it's almost at an end.  I've been very productive on my governor TDL, not so much on my school one!  That will happen once we go back (I hope!).  I promised myself that I would make sure I went out to 2 places even if it wasn't a hugely adventurous trip.  I've done one so I'm hoping to go to the cinema to see the Christopher Robin film at some point.  I'd do 2 craft projects - 1 crochet blanket done but I have a couple of others I have in mind.  I'd also sort out 2 bits of my house - total failure so far!  

I have a visit down to my sister's at the end of next week for some quality Aunty Froglet time (I have been promised a personal performance of my niece's Greatest Showman dance!) and a couple of visits with friends (tea, walk and cake!) planned so need to try and fit other bits in around that.  I haven't really done anything in my garden and it's a bit of a disaster zone at the moment any volunteers to come and help welcome - I promise cake!!

15 hours ago, sunnyday said:

Posted too soon there!

The radiographer said "all looked fine" - we have to email for result on Tuesday

I think he is just attention seeking myself :P xD best keep fingers crossed that I am right! xD

Fingers crossed for you :) 

We had a hospital visit with my husband last week too - all ok there though. :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Froglet said:

I can't quite believe it's almost at an end.  I've been very productive on my governor TDL, not so much on my school one!  That will happen once we go back (I hope!).  I promised myself that I would make sure I went out to 2 places even if it wasn't a hugely adventurous trip.  I've done one so I'm hoping to go to the cinema to see the Christopher Robin film at some p:|oint.  I'd do 2 craft projects - 1 crochet blanket done but I have a couple of others I have in mind.  I'd also sort out 2 bits of my house - total failure so far!  

I have a visit down to my sister's at the end of next week for some quality Aunty Froglet time (I have been promised a personal performance of my niece's Greatest Showman dance!) and a couple of visits with friends (tea, walk and cake!) planned so need to try and fit other bits in around that.  I haven't really done anything in my garden and it's a bit of a disaster zone at the moment any volunteers to come and help welcome - I promise cake!!

Don't feel bad, I have more or less done nothing the whole summer, apart from reading really cr***y books on the kindle, and (this is the worst) on the first week of the hols I started to sort my sewing/craft stash out.... I put everything in my conservatory (which is not exactly small I should add O.o)I  then seem to lose the will to continue :/ :|:|.

I haven't really done any preschool work, and I keep telling myself I will do it when we go back, we are quiet- but not that quiet xDxD. I will be over ratio every day, and want to start trying to work 'within hours' and not at home if possible. Since I took over we are a not-for-profit group- but it occurred to me that actually I was putting in far more hours unpaid than I really should, so I want to try and work that way. x

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Froglet said:

I can't quite believe it's almost at an end.  I've been very productive on my governor TDL, not so much on my school one!  That will happen once we go back (I hope!).  I promised myself that I would make sure I went out to 2 places even if it wasn't a hugely adventurous trip.  I've done one so I'm hoping to go to the cinema to see the Christopher Robin film at some point.  I'd do 2 craft projects - 1 crochet blanket done but I have a couple of others I have in mind.  I'd also sort out 2 bits of my house - total failure so far!  

I, as always, planned to do lots of things with that glorious six weeks off and, as ever, I have managed about half of those things! :ph34r: Actually I am not bothered at all, I have enjoyed some lovely time with those two youngest grandchildren, they will be this tiny for such a very short amount of time, like louby I have read a lot of books and I have spent even more time doing s*d all xD

We are going out this afternoon/evening to celebrate my DIL's gran's 90th birthday - she is a very special lady, still full of life, an inspiration really :)

• Like 1