Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

My GDPR 'To Do' list

FSFRebecca

Yes that was me - but slightly more to it.   E.g.,  You can have a sheet with the questions on, but each question must have a very clear yes/no options, so that parents know exactly what they are giving their consent to.

I now feel I have a  seriously  permanent headache  trying to get my head around this.

One minute I feel we are perhaps going over the top with our thoughts about this, then I hid panic when I realise just what we need to do.

Not helped by the fact I went out last night (bliss 3 hours totally switched of the GDPR). Then on the tube on the way home and I start fiddling with my phone........... anyone guess where this is going then?    I find I can access stuff from my computer that is sitting happily at home!

I tether the phone to laptop to get a signal at work. Obviously I need to rethink this, luckily at the moment it's all just paperwork stuff and no personal info as its a new laptop, but I am going to have the remember to save everything on a USB stick from no on.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

Pleased to log in and find you all still working on this - me - no, not so much:ph34r:

Glad you're back, I've been worried about you and mrsunnyday :)

I'm considering a trip to the shops to buy folders and stuff (or I could just look through my stationary stock room  cupboard)      Also I need to consider costs- If I pay myself for all this extra work- trips to any kind of resource buying will need to end.

• Like 2

Whilst having lunch I watched the stand up to cancer celebrity bake off and was in tears at the real life cancer story.  That  poor beautiful family to be struck twice by this cruel and indiscriminate desease has humbled me and made me feel ashamed of my moaning about all this extra work around the GDPR.  I know it’s a pain in the backside but oh well, I have two healthy handsome sons and have absolutely no right to moan.  If you hear me whinging again please feel free to give me a virtual slap! 👋 

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, zigzag said:

Whilst having lunch I watched the stand up to cancer celebrity bake off and was in tears at the real life cancer story.  That  poor beautiful family to be struck twice by this cruel and indiscriminate desease has humbled me and made me feel ashamed of my moaning about all this extra work around the GDPR.  I know it’s a pain in the backside but oh well, I have two healthy handsome sons and have absolutely no right to moan.  If you hear me whinging again please feel free to give me a virtual slap! 👋 

Very  true.

I watched last weeks and know what you mean.  It was such a moving segment. :(

Ok. Am truly panicked.im back to work on Monday to sort this. I did start Rebecca' s #1-12. It all started so well with the audit but i left out to deal with other "urgent" stuff. This mountain looks frighteningly rocky.

Where do you stop with checking who holds data it could go on and on!

Thank you all for keeping the conversations open. I will be digging in properly next week.

• Like 1

Hi

Does the Early Year FSF have a comprehensive list of how long we should store various types of data.  I have been hunting around and have seen a document which seems to be dated December 2015.  I wondered if there is something more up to date and specific?  I am particularly interested in accident/incident forms.  I always thought we had to keep these for 25 years (which always seemed slightly mad!), but have read posts that say we only need to keep them for 3 years after the child has left?  Can you confirm?  Also interested in registers, funding forms, SEN and Safeguarding information, learning journals etc?

TIA!

On the subject of waiting lists etc.  We ask for very basic information so that children can be added to our waiting list (parents only fill out the enrolment form once they have been offered and accepted a place).  

Most of our waiting list submissions come from our website.  Presumably I would need to add a box which the parent would need to tick before the form can be submitted.  Is there a suggested wording for this "tick box" for the purposes of GDPR?

Many thanks :-)

Thanks zigzag, I’ll take a look.

edit - how do I find it zigzag ....I’ve always hated their website 😂 but I did find this: 

[Many early years providers are not adequately prepared for the introduction of new rules on data protection due to come into effect in May, the Pre-school Learning Alliance has warned, after a snap poll suggested that many practitioners are completely unaware of impending changes.

The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), a new EU law set to replace the current Data Protection Act 1998, will come into effect on 25 May 2018. However, a snap Alliance Twitter poll conducted last week found that, out of 73 respondents, 79% didn’t even know what GDPR was. Only 1% stated they were prepared for the new rules, with a further 12% in the process of preparing, while 8% of respondents had heard of GDPR but stated they were not prepared for its implementation.]

:o they didn’t ask us lot did they ! 

welcome to the forum BWPS, I don’t have a formal form on the website just a link to email so can’t help with that, I tend to then just ask for a name, DOB and a contact number for the waiting list, much nearer the time (if still interested) I give them a booking form with a fair bit more detail.

Edited by Mouseketeer

well I have had an email inviting me to the usual business network meeting that our early years advisors host every so often. On the agenda this time is GDPR and what it means for early years settings.....will be interesting to see what they have come up with :)

https://www.childcare.co.uk/free-childminder-paperwork

Some really useful resources on this website about GDPR.

And 2 Youtube presentations from Sarah Neville about GDPR. I actually started to feel more confident after watching them although the amount of work is challenging. After spending all day yesterday on this, I've been waking up at night thinking of more implications!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

17 hours ago, Mouseketeer said:

ahhh I see ...or I do now 😝 

the site playgroup1 posted above has some really good info and useful docs to use, thanks pg1 :)

Can I second that - many, many thanks playgroup1

• Like 2

On ‎08‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 15:05, zigzag said:

https://eyfs.info/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=54204

Thanks to Finleysmaid for pointing me to the most up to date ones.🙂

Curiously I am not permitted to view that either xDxD Can you tell me what it is or send me a screen shot of it so that I can have a fish about please? Certain resources are protected so that members only can see them - but I should be able to see everything (you'd think??!) Unless I know what I'm looking for I'm a bit stumped!

4 minutes ago, Mouseketeer said:

I think it might have been the same PSLA record retention list link that was reposted a bit further down? 

I did notice your audit pop up on an fb group but couldn’t be downloaded if not members of fsf.

Yep - I'm cunning like that!! I set the permissions very strictly! Which fb group was it? (They might like to be members!) :P

39 minutes ago, finleysmaid said:

For those of you who are PSLA members they have just released their new GDPR friendly policies. including a privacy policy. (ah more work to do FUN !)

Thanks Fm will take a look before I start on them, ‘friendly’ sounds good, did they look pretty manageable? 

2 minutes ago, Mouseketeer said:

Thanks Fm will take a look before I start on them, ‘friendly’ sounds good, did they look pretty manageable? 

I've just had an email too.  Not looked at the yet though.

I'm currently sorting through years of old paperwork - nothing data related just all the bits 'interesting stuff'  I've collected over the years. I recon if I haven't used the ideas yet they just need to go (paper recycling tomorrow) ..... and I need to make more room for all the GDPR I seem to be collecting up now.xD

• Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)