Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Questionnaire

I have used Survey Monkey before - really easy to set up and if I remember correctly free for a short survey.  We do an annual questionnaire varying the method and questions depending on what we want to learn.  examples include 'Do you feel welcomed at the setting?', 'Why did you chose ***** pre-school?' 'Is there anything you would like to see which we don't currently offer?' 'Do you feel you understand your child's development?' This year I did a paper copy and 2 stalso added a section I pinched from this site for the children - 2 stars and a wish so the children could tell their parents or draw what they like about pre-school and what they would like added.

18 hours ago, Mother_Goose said:

This is the one we used last year. We use Google Forms for everything!

https://goo.gl/forms/Yf0gHmynm2UjmHYq1

I think I've anonymised it :D

Edited to add: feel free to 'complete' the survey - it's a copy so it won't affect anything!

I really like this and the fact that it is in digital form.  Please can you tell me how we would go about using this and sending it to our parents.🙂

6 hours ago, zigzag said:

I really like this and the fact that it is in digital form.  Please can you tell me how we would go about using this and sending it to our parents.🙂

It's really simple! You just need to set up a gmail account and then go to https://docs.google.com/forms to start your survey. You can choose the type of question (these are 'multiple choice grids') and away you go! You could even just copy and paste these questions if you wanted :) Absolutely love google form - we use it for everything; applications/registrations/termly re-enrolments/session change requests. You can download a plug-in  called 'Form Publisher' that converts the completed form into a PDF and then emails it to you. So versatile! Good luck.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Mother_Goose said:

It's really simple! You just need to set up a gmail account and then go to https://docs.google.com/forms to start your survey. You can choose the type of question (these are 'multiple choice grids') and away you go! You could even just copy and paste these questions if you wanted :) Absolutely love google form - we use it for everything; applications/registrations/termly re-enrolments/session change requests. You can download a plug-in  called 'Form Publisher' that converts the completed form into a PDF and then emails it to you. So versatile! Good luck.

Can I ask about the registration part of it? Do you use it instead of paper forms? 

We have an indepth registration form but are due to review it next month in prep for GDPR, do you get parents to fill it in on site? 

we have most things electronic now and use survey monkey too, I looked at google forms but got a little confused so left it alone. 

Yes, we direct parents to the online form although we do have a paper version if they'd prefer it. We don't ask them to fill it on onsite - they're free to do it when they want and we've had no one complain so far. It's fairly straight forward to set up, but to get it to send the completed form as a PDF is a little bit more complex, but I wouldn't say complicated. If you would like to try our form, I'll send you a link and you can try it out with the name TEST CHILD so I know it's not genuine when it arrives in my inbox :D

• 2 months later...

Hi Mousketeer. We either email the link, or we have embedded the form into the website so parents can complete it there. Both seem to work!

Depending on what's being completed, I either use the data straight from Google Form, or use the data within a spreadsheet. For things like applications/registration forms, we use a plug-in to convert the completed form into a PDF and email it through to both me (admin), the manager and the parents. I then delete the completed form from Google and save a copy of the PDF on the child's folder on Microsoft OneDrive and print a copy for the child's paper records.

For answers to surveys, permissions etc. I rarely print the results.

Hope that helps!

• Thanks 1

wow this looks fantastic! been looking for a way to evaluate how and why our parents engage in Tapestry as some do and some do not! just wondering if I can send it via Tapestry ? I rely on my techy co-worker to do the technical stuff lol or perhaps put it on our weebly website?