Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Whistleblowing

lynned55

On 05/02/2018 at 18:57, finleysmaid said:

we use the PSLA ones and i could have sworn it was in the safeguarding section..but i can't seem to find it nowO.o

On 05/02/2018 at 20:19, sunnyday said:

Same as that fm - bit worried now:(

Well strange you should say that. I/we had our ofsted re-registration visit on Monday (5.5 hours- but that's another thread!)

Anyway she read our PSLA safeguarding policy and said - oh good I can see  you have a whistle blowing policy - and went back to typing up her notes on the laptop......... I had a quick panic (to myself, whilst trying to remain calm in front on Mrs O) as I casually flicked through my policy folder trying to find it and couldn't find it!!    She didn't mention it again, and neither did I O.o

You've reminded me I really should check.  I'm pretty sure we used to have a separate  one? 

10 hours ago, louby loo said:

Well strange you should say that. I/we had our ofsted re-registration visit on Monday (5.5 hours- but that's another thread!)

Anyway she read our PSLA safeguarding policy and said - oh good I can see  you have a whistle blowing policy - and went back to typing up her notes on the laptop......... I had a quick panic (to myself, whilst trying to remain calm in front on Mrs O) as I casually flicked through my policy folder trying to find it and couldn't find it!!    She didn't mention it again, and neither did I O.o

You've reminded me I really should check.  I'm pretty sure we used to have a separate  one? 

Thanks louby and I hope all went well for you - think I need to check mine today :) would be good to know exactly where it is! :D

58 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

I checked and yes it is there - phew - going to add to next staff supervision agendas too so that i have evidence that we have discussed this!

ah good ...which page????!

better than the discussion on FGM we had this weekO.o:|

Ok, without sounding really stupid 

1) why do we need one?

2) yes, it is mentioned in PSLA's safeguardng policy (which is what made me ask as we were updating ours and I noticed that in there as we dont have one)

3) I searched all through the PSLA policies and cant find one!! Which is why I asked to see one

4) Can anyone point me in the right direction for PSLA one OR show me theirs.

At the moment I have taken the mention of  it out ofour safeguarding policy. 

I had a quick read last night, and I think the PSLA one sort of directs you to NSPCC ?  

We definitely had a separate one at one point though.  I just bought the book for myself in the summer, and worked through it for our new registration.  Still running under current registration at the moment and we used PSLA for that too, I did mean to look at them at work today and check- but forgot 

3 hours ago, finleysmaid said:

ah good ...which page????!

better than the discussion on FGM we had this weekO.o:|

Ah - sorry all at work so I can't help you - but it definitely there:)

Oh dear what happened with the discussion on FGM? (or perhaps I don't really want to know:ph34r:

50 minutes ago, louby loo said:

I had a quick read last night, and I think the PSLA one sort of directs you to NSPCC ?  

Nope - it directs you to ringing LADO - well mine does anyway and there is a space to type in 'phone number - I have typed in 'this information is displayed on wall and is in the list of contacts last page of register' - reason for that is that the 'phone number keeps changing!

When were your policies last updated louby - mine are from September '17

1 hour ago, lynned55 said:

Ok, without sounding really stupid 

1) why do we need one?

2) yes, it is mentioned in PSLA's safeguardng policy (which is what made me ask as we were updating ours and I noticed that in there as we dont have one)

3) I searched all through the PSLA policies and cant find one!! Which is why I asked to see one

4) Can anyone point me in the right direction for PSLA one OR show me theirs.

At the moment I have taken the mention of  it out ofour safeguarding policy. 

It is important - staff need to know how to report a problem/allegation against manager

I don't think we need a stand alone whistleblowing policy when it is mentioned within safeguarding

4 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

Nope - it directs you to ringing LADO - well mine does anyway and there is a space to type in 'phone number - I have typed in 'this information is displayed on wall and is in the list of contacts last page of register' - reason for that is that the 'phone number keeps changing!

When were your policies last updated louby - mine are from September '17

Actually I think that's what a meant 9_9. LADO rather than NSPCC.  (I am very tired this week- I think the Ofsted thing finished me off)

I purchased the book in August, so used used all the newest updates. At work they were last updated 2016 so I thought I's check if they were different. The re-registering has been going on since August >:( (that's an angry face I thing xD)

xx

8 minutes ago, louby loo said:

Actually I think that's what a meant 9_9. LADO rather than NSPCC.  (I am very tired this week- I think the Ofsted thing finished me off)

I purchased the book in August, so used used all the newest updates. At work they were last updated 2016 so I thought I's check if they were different. The re-registering has been going on since August >:( (that's an angry face I thing xD)

xx

Half-term   break is just hours away now louby! xD

• Like 1

Last member of staff on Safeguarding Basic came back and said we should be showing the NSPCC poster for whistleblowing.  I tracked it down, printed it and put it up in the kitchen.  I had a conversation with and Improvement Officer (??? goodness knows what they call them now) today and she asked if I had a Whistleblowing Policy, I was able to tell her we had a stand alone one, but also had the poster up on the wall, which she looked at and seemed pleased.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Panders said:

Last member of staff on Safeguarding Basic came back and said we should be showing the NSPCC poster for whistleblowing.  I tracked it down, printed it and put it up in the kitchen.  I had a conversation with and Improvement Officer (??? goodness knows what they call them now) today and she asked if I had a Whistleblowing Policy, I was able to tell her we had a stand alone one, but also had the poster up on the wall, which she looked at and seemed pleased.

We have the poster up, we are in a shared usage hall (scouts) so have put them up in multiple places. I think that's what I thinking about when I posted earlier.

47 minutes ago, Panders said:

Will add that to the jolly half term TDL :)

Edited by sunnyday
because I am so tired I can't spell

I did a L3 last sept- my deputy has just done one- couple of weeks ago and no one said we had to have a whistleblowing policy, just that staff must know where to go with concerns and what to do if their concerns are ignored.

The PSLA safeguarding policy actually says "we have a whistle blowing policy in place"

However I cannot find this policy anywhere in their policy and procedures book. So those of you that have one, where did you get yours from? I'm happy to have one but do not have the faintest idea of where to start with one or what it should say. 

29 minutes ago, lynned55 said:

I did a L3 last sept- my deputy has just done one- couple of weeks ago and no one said we had to have a whistleblowing policy, just that staff must know where to go with concerns and what to do if their concerns are ignored.

The PSLA safeguarding policy actually says "we have a whistle blowing policy in place"

However I cannot find this policy anywhere in their policy and procedures book. So those of you that have one, where did you get yours from? I'm happy to have one but do not have the faintest idea of where to start with one or what it should say. 

Stargrower has very kindly shared hers upthread:)

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)