Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

MOTIVATION!

zigzag

We have many may Philippine families. Most come for work at the local hospital and are members of our local Catholic church. Tagalog is the main language although there have been a couple of different dialects.

The food the families provide is incredible, delicious and always generous in portions.

We have been lucky as when families go back to visit I often give them some money to buy books or posters with Tagalog words to bring back with them. Not sure I know of any families going away at the moment or I would put in an order for you.

There was a fabulous song we learnt a couple of years ago for Christmas. I'll try dig it out for you but not for a couple of weeks.

Oh no. I've just mentioned the C word. Really sorry Really sorry.

• Like 1

We have many may Philippine families. Most come for work at the local hospital and are members of our local Catholic church. Tagalog is the main language although there have been a couple of different dialects.

The food the families provide is incredible, delicious and always generous in portions.

We have been lucky as when families go back to visit I often give them some money to buy books or posters with Tagalog words to bring back with them. Not sure I know of any families going away at the moment or I would put in an order for you.

There was a fabulous song we learnt a couple of years ago for Christmas. I'll try dig it out for you but not for a couple of weeks.

Oh no. I've just mentioned the C word. Really sorry Really sorry.

WoW, that is very very kind of you. I would be very interested. I don't think the family go back to Philippines very often, if at all. I know the culture is to be very generous with party giving etc. A "C" song would be fabulous.

We had a new starter today - mum's parting words... 'good luck, she has swallowed a dictionary at some point in her short life'.... I can indeed confirm a dictionary may have been swallowed.

That said, it is nice to have a young one with wonderful language skills. :1b :1b

Always alarming when they walk out and say "good luck" ! What a wonderful "good luck" you have this time.

• Like 1

Always alarming when they walk out and say "good luck" ! What a wonderful "good luck" you have this time.

Isn't it just! I used to like 'Wait until you get the next one...'!

I am finally beginning to feel a little more motivated for things. My new 'challenging' class do have their challenges but are not (so far) the absolute nightmare I was anticipating and there are some really lovely personalities in it.

My HT has given me some lovely compliments just this week about my 'leadership skills' showing through.

Tonight I was named SEND governor which is a whole extra job on an already full TDL but I was nominated by my ex-HT (I am governor at my old school) and I was thrilled as he usually thinks I'm still a bit too close to the school to take on specific/named roles. He also said he "hoped I'd be chair of our finance committee again"! I feel like I've had a big dose of affirmation from other people which I so needed!

Edited by Froglet
  • Like 6

Hmmm - Wednesdays are now my 'day off' - have just spent over an hour accessing Kent's all singing, all dancing new portal for submitting headcount claim...........have I done it - well yes I think so - hard to tell really :ph34r: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Keep an eye on your figures is all I'm going to say :huh: :angry:

Our LA (just over the bridge!) changed their system last year, and I ended up losing a whole terms funding for one child due to their system not recognising the claim- despite the name being very clearly added!!!! I had to remind them each term about the child.

( they also wouldn't fund a child who's parent had signed the claim attended for almost six weeks (well after headcount day) but then accepted a late entry school place - again nothing to do with us!!! :angry: )

Obviously I'm not the slightest bit bitter about these things :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Keep an eye on your figures is all I'm going to say :huh: :angry:

Our LA (just over the bridge!) changed their system last year, and I ended up losing a whole terms funding for one child due to their system not recognising the claim- despite the name being very clearly added!!!! I had to remind them each term about the child.

( they also wouldn't fund a child who's parent had signed the claim attended for almost six weeks (well after headcount day) but then accepted a late entry school place - again nothing to do with us!!! :angry: )

Obviously I'm not the slightest bit bitter about these things :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

In the past KCC have been rather good to us with oddities like this, and they have said in the blurb that errors on our part wont be easily rectified. Will double check things, can't afford to lose any money!

• Like 1

In the past KCC have been rather good to us with oddities like this, and they have said in the blurb that errors on our part wont be easily rectified. Will double check things, can't afford to lose any money!

Yes ours had always been really good too until the new system. Go through your figures with a fine tooth comb after headcount day and double check all are accounted for is my advice. It happened with more than one child!

It annoyed me more the fact that each term I had still had to keep reminding them to add one particular child's hours on after the payment day, and they were always sent as a late payment. It seems their default didn't like this poor child and blanked out my input hours!!!!!

• Like 1

Yes ours had always been really good too until the new system. Go through your figures with a fine tooth comb after headcount day and double check all are accounted for is my advice. It happened with more than one child!

It annoyed me more the fact that each term I had still had to keep reminding them to add one particular child's hours on after the payment day, and they were always sent as a late payment. It seems their default didn't like this poor child and blanked out my input hours!!!!!

What a palaver it all is :ph34r:

Anyone else remember the system when funding was first introduced - parents applied for vouchers (actual physical vouchers) and then passed the appropriate amount of vouchers to provider and then we just sent them off and received payment........

In the words of Mary Hopkin 'Those were the days my friends' :lol:

• Like 5