Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

MOTIVATION!

zigzag

Of? Do you know?

I can't get back to the page with the info re staff........I have to admit that i only skim-read that info wasn't expecting the offered training to be particularly good but have been pleasantly surprised - it is offered by 'flick training'.......

Yes that's right - can you find the info then re adding staff?

No, Just one code. When I logged in it had my name - which makes me think that they were a present to me for playing the insurance cost! I can't see how to add anyone else.

.... and another thing Sunnyday ... about your Tapestry .... where are we with that?! (ahem) ;) You could be training yourself up on that too!

• Like 2

No, Just one code. When I logged in it had my name - which makes me think that they were a present to me for playing the insurance cost! I can't see how to add anyone else.

.... and another thing Sunnyday ... about your Tapestry .... where are we with that?! (ahem) ;) You could be training yourself up on that too!

Oh yes - right - hmmm - yes - ummm - right :ph34r: :lol:

• Like 1

Please Miss, I have a question about this.. :1b

It says you can have a free two week trial... well I was wondering if we could-

Have a one week trail - for me to have a good look and maybe do a trial child as an example..., then maybe towards the end of September (once everyone has settled back etc) have the two week trial for the staff to have a play for themselves?

I'm actually thinking I may have to meet sunnyday at the M25 interchange services so we can support each other! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Like 1

Or you could ask nicely to have a trial for you and then an extension while your staff get the hang of it! We can support you both ... it's a good time to do it now, because us support people will be bonkers busy at the start of September and it's quiet now so we can be super dooper helpful! ::1a

Or you could ask nicely to have a trial for you and then an extension while your staff get the hang of it! We can support you both ... it's a good time to do it now, because us support people will be bonkers busy at the start of September and it's quiet now so we can be super dooper helpful! ::1a

Ok, I'm going to have a good look tomorrow.. :unsure:

I have set aside tomorrow as a serious 'work day' at the moment I'm having a serious slob out sofa 'rest of day' having been for mega long dog walk followed by lazy long pub lunch. :lol: :lol:.

I might force myself to leave the sofa and find the two amazon fires that I bought at the end of last term (specifically for Tapestry I might add :lol: ) and charge them up and work out how to use them first. :rolleyes:

• Like 3

Ok, I'm going to have a good look tomorrow.. :unsure:

I have set aside tomorrow as a serious 'work day' at the moment I'm having a serious slob out sofa 'rest of day' having been for mega long dog walk followed by lazy long pub lunch. :lol: :lol:.

I might force myself to leave the sofa and find the two amazon fires that I bought at the end of last term (specifically for Tapestry I might add :lol: ) and charge them up and work out how to use them first. :rolleyes:

I'm in on Friday ... I shall look forward to helping you! SUNNYDAY!! are you playing too?

Have just received a follow up call from a very nice man at Morton Michel - apparently you get a hefty discount for a full licence for 'flick' if you are a MM customer - he thought (but wasn't sure) that it would be around £50.00

Sunnyday, JUST DO IT! I have got to grips with it and you will as well. There is also so much information and support from the team as well as the forum members. Xx

Sunny promise you will love it. Just do it.

Thanks for the encouragement ladies - my main 'problem' is that my deputy is very, very reluctant and obviously I value her greatly - I would never, ever 'force' anything on her.........

What I really need to do is explore this quietly on my own and then gently 'sell' the idea to her.......

Perhaps I will leave it til the new term begins and set up a trial with a newbie child and see how it goes :1b

• Like 1

Thanks for the encouragement ladies - my main 'problem' is that my deputy is very, very reluctant and obviously I value her greatly - I would never, ever 'force' anything on her.........

What I really need to do is explore this quietly on my own and then gently 'sell' the idea to her.......

Perhaps I will leave it til the new term begins and set up a trial with a newbie child and see how it goes :1b

my administrator (previously deputy) was also like this...all of my staff have now threatened to leave if we ever go back to cutting and sticking journals!!!

I am amazed about the response from parents too, parents who would NEVER have attended parent meetings etc etc were on tapestry every day, I love that some of my parents also send me videos and pictures of what their children are getting up to at home...I now have a much more rounded view of their abilities.

We have taken the introduction slowly and in steps in order to get everyone on board and happy ...suspect this will take another year to get exactly right

• Like 2

my administrator (previously deputy) was also like this...all of my staff have now threatened to leave if we ever go back to cutting and sticking journals!!!

I am amazed about the response from parents too, parents who would NEVER have attended parent meetings etc etc were on tapestry every day, I love that some of my parents also send me videos and pictures of what their children are getting up to at home...I now have a much more rounded view of their abilities.

We have taken the introduction slowly and in steps in order to get everyone on board and happy ...suspect this will take another year to get exactly right

Are you lot on commission? ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Are you lot on commission? ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:

no! (am I Rebecca????!!! ;) )

You have to make sure it's right for your setting though...there's no good in trying to adopt it if your staff team are not on board :blink:

Do you know why she's reluctant? tradition? fear of tech? loss of control? We did do the trail and this was really useful as it gave everyone the opportunity to have a go and muck around with it. If you can use a mobile phone you can use the 'journal' part of the system. It takes a little time to get to know the system and the tablets you use but within a couple of weeks everyone was really sold on it ....one thing I would say is that I don't think you can do both paper and electronic together (it just creates extra work!) so whereas we were keeping some things on paper (reports/2 year checks etc) we should by the end of this year be completely paper free apart from registration forms/funding and registers...though i'm hoping the weaving team get the registers linked in too, it would be really great not to have to count attendance for milk numbers etc!

• Like 1

no! (am I Rebecca????!!! ;) )

You have to make sure it's right for your setting though...there's no good in trying to adopt it if your staff team are not on board :blink:

Do you know why she's reluctant? tradition? fear of tech? loss of control? We did do the trail and this was really useful as it gave everyone the opportunity to have a go and muck around with it. If you can use a mobile phone you can use the 'journal' part of the system. It takes a little time to get to know the system and the tablets you use but within a couple of weeks everyone was really sold on it ....one thing I would say is that I don't think you can do both paper and electronic together (it just creates extra work!) so whereas we were keeping some things on paper (reports/2 year checks etc) we should by the end of this year be completely paper free apart from registration forms/funding and registers...though i'm hoping the weaving team get the registers linked in too, it would be really great not to have to count attendance for milk numbers etc!

Thanks fm :1b

Mainly fear of tech, but a little bit of "I really like the way we do it now"..........

I have been having a look at Lauren's introduction tutorial thingy - there is nothing that she (deputy) couldn't cope with (as far as I can see)

Will have another look at some more tutorials later..........

Intend to visit setting today to undertake some serious cleaning - hmmm just need to get off this sofa and get dressed first :lol:

Intend to visit setting today to undertake some serious cleaning - hmmm just need to get off this sofa and get dressed first :lol:

Ah yes i'm afraid i'm still here! just got to sort out the 15 carrier bags of apples picked from the allotment yesterday :o

• Like 1

When i first introduced Tapestry, most of my staff were not happy especially with technology generally. I started with a small group of children as a test for all the team and then the following term all children were on it.

And yes one of the biggest benefits is that the previously "non engaged" parents were engaging. New introductions like the "Like" option really has really opened up new communication with parents.

One of my team did remark that she has learnt more about technology from working in my Early Years environment than she did when she worked in an office!

My most technophobic member of team after "having to embrace" Tapestry went out and bought herself a Tablet! Which was great when it came to communicating with her children when they went to uni. She even answers emails now!

Sunny do not worry about pushing staff, it is only a little tiny push; a bit like pushing a child on a swing rather than off a cliff.

• Like 1

Ah yes i'm afraid i'm still here! just got to sort out the 15 carrier bags of apples picked from the allotment yesterday :o

I'm still here too - waiting for 'phone call from eldest granddaughter re GCSE results - this is not her year for these exams she is only 15 but her school start them a year early.......

Obviously the bulk of them will be next year

Ah whilst I was typing that the call came - she has 4 bs and 1 c - clever girl - obviously gets her brains from her nana :rolleyes: :lol:

15 bags of apples eh - what are you going to do with them?

• Like 4

When i first introduced Tapestry, most of my staff were not happy especially with technology generally. I started with a small group of children as a test for all the team and then the following term all children were on it.

And yes one of the biggest benefits is that the previously "non engaged" parents were engaging. New introductions like the "Like" option really has really opened up new communication with parents.

One of my team did remark that she has learnt more about technology from working in my Early Years environment than she did when she worked in an office!

My most technophobic member of team after "having to embrace" Tapestry went out and bought herself a Tablet! Which was great when it came to communicating with her children when they went to uni. She even answers emails now!

Sunny do not worry about pushing staff, it is only a little tiny push; a bit like pushing a child on a swing rather than off a cliff.

Well I like your analogy :lol:

OK - this is probably a right 'numpty question' - but here goes - we do not have internet connection at our setting - does this make using tapestry a complete non-starter for us?

• Like 1

OK - this is probably a right 'numpty question' - but here goes - we do not have internet connection at our setting - does this make using tapestry a complete non-starter for us?

:unsure: :o Hadn't actually thought about this! Neither have we.. :unsure: but I'm pretty sure in some of my slightly lacks research I've seen that you can. Although I am now looking at getting a new phone package that might include a data allowance and hoping it might link ??? ( I haven't a clue what I'm actually talking about really!!)

Re staff and change. I had the 'but we like our books' - but I have said that maybe we could charge the parents for a printed off book at the end of there time with us, this went down well with staff.

Apart from cutting down the paperwork time our current method uses, the thing I really want to do though is to be able to prove that we work well with our parents and I think this will help enormously. Currently we have fantastically engaged parents verbally!! What they seem to want is the on-going quick chats we have at drop off/pick up rather than regular formal meetings.

xx

• Like 2

Well my setting is now looking luvverly - very pleased with my efforts :1b

Have to say I can't wait for the start of term now - want to see that room filled with happy, engaged children :1b (lets hope my newbies settle well or that wish won't come true :ph34r: )

Have also dropped a 'Congratulations' card of for granddaughter - she is out celebrating with her friends :1b

Apparently she has to choose her A levels this November :o that seems terribly early as she doesn't even sit the main bulk of her GCSEs until next year + she has absolutely no idea what she wants to do career wise...........

Going to start exploring those OU courses that Rebecca added yesterday now and wait for someone to tell me whether or not we need internet at our setting before I take my (half-hearted) Tapestry research any further :1b

was just about to ask how the cleaning went! Mine has stalled a bit for the moment, they are doing a lot of work to the stairs at the front of our building so access is denied! Can go up through the building using a different entrance but a bit of pfaff taking stuff in and out, and they are changing the lighting up in the hall too. I'll go back next week and hope for the best!

• Like 1