Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Operational Plan

C1403

You are welcome to have a look at ours, may give you some ideas. stkevernepreschool.weebly.com

Any feedback welcomed.

Wow - what a lovely website - you have inspired me to be more proactive about doing one.. :1b :1b

Well actually your logo is VERY similar to ours..., so I'm now working out if I can just highjack your website and be done with!!

• Like 5

Wow - what a lovely website - you have inspired me to be more proactive about doing one.. :1b :1b

Well actually your logo is VERY similar to ours..., so I'm now working out if I can just highjack your website and be done with!!

Thank you. High jack away, I am all for saving time!!

Do settings get parent permission for children's photos to appear on website where they can be seen by anyone? i was told that parts of the website with photos had to be password protected to prevent general public seeing them, with parents only getting the password.

Do settings get parent permission for children's photos to appear on website where they can be seen by anyone? i was told that parts of the website with photos had to be password protected to prevent general public seeing them, with parents only getting the password.

a short trawl around websites in education and you will find LOTS of pictures of children (schools often have names/ages and classes on theirs!!) I would always get permission for photos in the public domain ;)

• Like 2

You are welcome to have a look at ours, may give you some ideas. stkevernepreschool.weebly.com

Any feedback welcomed.

Wow zigzag. It's very impressive. I was thinking that the 'free' sites wold be very basic but you have a lot of information on there. Do you get parents to consent to photos of their child being included when they first register?

Edit. Sorry just read the last few comments about photos.

Edited by lsp
  • Like 1

once set up could you give it to your deputy to update certain parts eg term dates, important dates even photos? you could then just check it once every so often?

That is a lovely idea - but I'm afraid that my deputy is even less 'techy' than me :lol:

• Like 1

I've done a couple of websites using Weebly and I find it excellent. My daughter uses 1and 1 and swears it's the best thing ever. I think you get used to what you can get on with! I like weebly and would happily use it again. Their tech support was good too. So unless Steve wants to set up a user-friendly Preschool/nursery website builder, I would recommend Weebly.

www.pickeringpreschoolplaygroup.co.uk.

Edit to add that I'll be doing some updating for them in the coming weeks to show 30hrs and new term times etc

Edited by Cait
  • Like 2

Ah - Tapestry is something else on my summer TDL - 'research tapestry' - hmm my deputy is resistant to this idea :blink: :lol:

Oh thank you - will do :1b

Would you like some help Sunnyday? It really won't take you long to research it ... we're all here to help you x

• Like 2

Would you like some help Sunnyday? It really won't take you long to research it ... we're all here to help you x

Thank you - yes please - but I really need to do sooooooo much before we get to the end of term - so will not even start to look at this until we have broken up :1b

• Like 1

Oooh re my 'reluctant' staff member (my deputy) - we had staff meeting today - I had included on the Agenda - 'research tapestry during summer holiday with a view to using from September' - she didn't say a word - not sure what to make of that really :ph34r: :lol:

Our local primary school use it, so it makes even more sense for us to do so too :1b

Oooh re my 'reluctant' staff member (my deputy) - we had staff meeting today - I had included on the Agenda - 'research tapestry during summer holiday with a view to using from September' - she didn't say a word - not sure what to make of that really :ph34r: :lol:

Our local primary school use it, so it makes even more sense for us to do so too :1b

Someone else mentioned that they used tapestry in their setting to my 'reluctant one' - and to be honest she then approached me about it! We then decided that she should be the one to a visit a setting using it as in her words.... 'if I can do it - anyone can' :o :lol:

Would your deputy visit the local school and see it action?

We are a bit up in the air at the moment - as there is a possibility that we may not still be open in September (Unless I take over, and at the moment I am slightly thinking - do I really want the hassle :unsure: )

We are a bit up in the air at the moment - as there is a possibility that we may not still be open in September (Unless I take over, and at the moment I am slightly thinking - do I really want the hassle :unsure: )

:o Oh dear.....well all good wishes......

Re visiting school - that's exactly what we were doing - new reception class teacher said "we use tapestry now", I said (very pointedly) "I would really like to, just need to talk someone round" ::1a

I will try and get my head round it in summer holiday and then will just have to drag her kicking and screaming into 21st century :rolleyes: