Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

memorial plants

narnia

I want to plant something in my garden for my grandchild, a little boy, born far too soon at 16 weeks. I know many of you are very green-fingered, so what would be good for our little butterfly child?? ( I already have a buddliea, to attract butterflies, so not one of those x

Oh Narnia, so very sorry to hear your sad news, my heart goes out to you all. There are many varieties of roses around and I know one is for rememberance. I planted a flowering cherry tree when my sister passed away, and it makes me smile every time it flowers.

I am sure someone will be along with some great ideas soon. Take care of yourselves. Xx

• Like 1

So sorry to hear your news narnia.

Personally I don't think you can go wrong with a rose if you happy to like them. Really its up to what you like that will make you smile and think of him.

Perhaps something that flowers at the time he was born?

Edit to add. I love pieris Japonica in spring with its lovely flowers and reddish leaves. Easy to manage doesn't grow too huge and will suit most places.

• Like 1

I want to plant something in my garden for my grandchild, a little boy, born far too soon at 16 weeks. I know many of you are very green-fingered, so what would be good for our little butterfly child?? ( I already have a buddliea, to attract butterflies, so not one of those x

I'm very sorry to hear about this Narnia, I just wanted to send you some virtual hugs xxx

• Like 1

So sorry for your news...

I also love pieris Japonica , many varieties around and they have flowers followed by red flame coloured leaves.. or white ones.. as I seem to have on one of mine. Look good this time of year, and evergreen shrub easy to care for.

Or for a later flowering, a hebe is also a plant that attracts butterflies.. so may be an appropriate choice. lost of varieties, evergreen shrubs easy to care for.

• Like 1

Oh narnia that is so sad - I send my love, thoughts and prayers for all.......

• Like 1

Ahh Narnia, such a sad moment for you all, as others have already said, thoughts and prayers with you and yours. Yes something that blooms at this time of year I like Ceanothus, such a vibrant blue. We have one in the garden, It's probably the only thing I would take with me if we ever moved or at least try to take cuttings of.

• Like 1

Narnia, sorry to hear your sad news.

But how lovely to have something in your garden that will remind you. My Hebes are looking lovely and do have a scent to them.

WE also have a large white bushy thing not sure what it is called but it cascades down. the flowers will go in a few weeks and we will be left with silvery green leaves.

My lavender is coming along too. No flowers but getting green and bushy.

I also love my forsythia (is that the right spelling?) Which was very yellow a few weeks ago and is now green. A very welcome beacon in my garden.

Let us know what you decide.

Thank you all.Lots of lovely suggestions....................I planted a magnolia for my father when he passed away,but the wretched thing died on me ( a suggestion that I planted it in the wrong place......a spot where my flowering cherry died after 30 years).

My poor head is spinning right now...........my daughter, and now my BIL is fighting cancer and my best friend is terminally ill with a very aggressive form of it too. Life certainly throws some curved balls

Narnia I am so sorry that you and people close to you are having such a terrible time. Sometimes life can be so incredibly cruel. I am not a religious person so do not pray, but my thoughts are with you. Take care of yourself. X

Oh Narnia, so sorry to hear your news - lots of hugs to you and your loved ones.

I am not a gardener myself but lots of suggestions given already - if not a visit to the garden centre might help as will depend on size of garden, space in the garden,sunshine etc., - whatever you choose it will always remind you of your little one - maybe a little plaque next to it-there are some lovely ones available online.

Take care of yourself.xx

Thank you all.Lots of lovely suggestions....................I planted a magnolia for my father when he passed away,but the wretched thing died on me ( a suggestion that I planted it in the wrong place......a spot where my flowering cherry died after 30 years).

My poor head is spinning right now...........my daughter, and now my BIL is fighting cancer and my best friend is terminally ill with a very aggressive form of it too. Life certainly throws some curved balls

Oh narnia that's all too much, I am so sorry to read this.

Sending my love to all and will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers

Narnia - you are one of the strongest (virtual) people I know, AND I have you to thank for the fact this week my daughter had the 'all clear' on a breast cancer scare (all your nagging about checking ourselves has rubbed off)

My thoughts are with you, but take time for yourself too. xx

• Like 2