About Us
Tapestry

What paperwork?

narnia

We got asked recently for:

• Evidence of safer recruitment
  • Parent Feedback/parent involvement
  • Staff training plan/evidence of training done
  • AND tracking of children/esp those on EYPP (she spent ages on this)

We had a whole table full of files ready for her to see but she didn't look at anything else

Our inspector gave me a list right at the beginning of the day and said she needed to see it all by the end of the day but not to panic if I couldn't find exactly what was on the list, as some of it she would ask me about.

I think since the notice of inspection came in, some people have said they tell you on the phone the day before what they would like to see on the day which takes the panic out of the situation.

Have you had the call??? :blink: ::1a

Narnia this was the email I received the day before ours at the end of last year, though I wasn't asked for much of it, to be honest I was surprised at how little I was asked for, some of it was more verbal discussion than showing the actual paperwork...but I'm sure it varies from one inspector to the next. As thumperrabbit suggested I also do the online safer recruitment training.

To assist with the inspection, I would be very grateful if you could have a number of documents available when I arrive in the morning.

· current staff list and staff qualifications, including paediatric first aid

· a register/list showing the date of birth of all children on roll and routine staffing arrangements

· list of children present at the setting during the inspection (if not shown on the register)

· any information about pre-planned interruptions to normal routines during the inspection, such as off-site visits

· the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) records and any other documents summarising the checks on, and the vetting and employment arrangements of, all staff working at the setting

· all logs that record accidents, exclusions, children taken off roll and incidents of poor behaviour

· all logs of incidents of discrimination including racist incidents

· complaint log and/or evidence of any complaints and resolutions

· safeguarding and child protection policies

· risk assessment, fire safety, and other policies relating to health and safety

· a list of any referrals made to the designated person for safeguarding, with brief details of the resolutions

· a list of all children who are an open case to social care/children’s services and for whom there is a multi-agency plan

· information about the supervision of staff (in group provision)

· information about training and/or career professional development of staff

· any reports of external evaluation of the setting

we were also asked to provide evidence re

REGISTERED PERSONS RESPONSIBILITY TO FULLY ENSURE ALL STAFF ARE AWARE OF THE CIRCUMSTANCES THAT WOULD CONTRIBUTE TO THEM BEING BARRED/DISQUALIFIED OR BARRED/DISQUALIFIED BY ASSOCIATION. -

oops sorry written it in upper case

we had asked staff to complete and sign a form re this and O just asked to see them

• Like 1

Our inspector looked at our central record for staff and suggested we had a central record for all qualifications which showed the expiry date so it would be easier to plan for updating - first aid , safeguarding etc

I have also heard that a setting last week got an immediate inadequate as they hadn't addressed one of the reccomendations from their last ofsted ( or if they had, it hadn't been documented)speechless-smiley-040.gif

Our inspector looked at our central record for staff and suggested we had a central record for all qualifications which showed the expiry date so it would be easier to plan for updating - first aid , safeguarding etc

I have also heard that a setting last week got an immediate inadequate as they hadn't addressed one of the reccomendations from their last ofsted ( or if they had, it hadn't been documented)speechless-smiley-040.gif

That would seem unlikely to me - it would certainly reflect in the leadership and management section in terms of continuous improvement and self-evaluation but the fact they hadn't done it in itself wouldn't trigger inadequate I wouldn't have thought. Perhaps the recommendation was for an aspect which if 'not met' would put them into an 'inadequate'. If you look at the descriptors for an overall effectiveness judgement of inadequate (inspection handbook p31) there is nothing there about meeting previous recommendations - so i would imagine the recommendation itself related to something more significant and because it hadn't been addressed became an 'Action'.

There are plenty of inspections where a previous action is no longer relevant (because the setting changes their opening times so children don't need to go to sleep, or they no longer take babies so a recommendation about highchairs is no longer appropriate) - they don't automatically get inadequate. Ofsted always look at the impact of what you are doing, so if the impact of not doing the recommendation was significant that would be an issue - not the the recommendation itself.

• Like 1

I wonder what the recommendation was.......

Ah - crossed post with Rebecca

Ah no - just looked at the timings - I hadn't for some reason read Rebecca's post.......

Edited by sunnyday

I don't know what the recomendation was, it was mentioned at a meeting I was at last week as Ofsted were 'in the area' and had visited 3 local settings.

I think you are probably right and they haven't met an aspect......but if you hadn't met it to start with you would be judged inadequate anyway.

• 3 months later...

we were also asked to provide evidence re

REGISTERED PERSONS RESPONSIBILITY TO FULLY ENSURE ALL STAFF ARE AWARE OF THE CIRCUMSTANCES THAT WOULD CONTRIBUTE TO THEM BEING BARRED/DISQUALIFIED OR BARRED/DISQUALIFIED BY ASSOCIATION. -

oops sorry written it in upper case

we had asked staff to complete and sign a form re this and O just asked to see them

Our manager mentioned a form like this? I don't suppose you have a template you would be willing to share. Thank you x