Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Lifting me higher ....

lashes2508

So today I attended an open day at my local university on my own which was quite an achievement in itself as despite coming across as confident I'm not always but hide it well. I think travelling by my favourite mode of transport ' park n ride ' helped ?? and the bonus was it was free !

I had a nice chat with the tutor who knew my old tutor from college days back in the 80's and went along to a information session only to have my hope dashed of applying for September 2017 due to my lack of qualifications ! So now face delaying for a year so I can do an access course , feeling pleased but disappointed and lacking patience .......

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Picking up from another thread - you said 'this will be my last Christmas'

So from that I take it you are leaving your current setting?

With this in mind, unless you are doing an unrelated course to early years anyway, I think taking a year to do the access course could be a positive thing- as who knows?.......... in a years time life my have thrown you in a totally different direction and you might even want to a completely different degree. :1b

I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason :1b

• Like 2

Thankyou for your positivity , yes I am leaving my setting at the end of July and planning on doing a degree in Social work !

I made the decision back at half term and I Its not been easy since but hopefully I will leave on a happy note and leave the setting where I would like it to be and hope it will continue from strength to strength. My deputy and another colleague are taking the helm which is good for them , the setting and the rest of the team.

• Like 4

• 5 months later...

Update - left setting on Friday , access course online started and back to college to do fast track English and Maths oh and by the way I got offered a place at uni , passed written test and group and personal interview

Wow what a huge and brave step to take, well done you. I hope it all works out for you.

• Like 2

Update - left setting on Friday , access course online started and back to college to do fast track English and Maths oh and by the way I got offered a place at uni , passed written test and group and personal interview

Wow - really pleased for you lashes :1b

• 5 months later...

It's been a long time since I posted probably because I felt unable too , my leaving was traumatic to say the least and I've spent the last few months trying to understand human reaction! Been taking time to adjust and spent a lot of time at the allotment and home . 

I passed my English Level 2 but now continuing Maths face to face and the access course so therefore uni deferred til next year . I am also doing a GCSE English now too which I'm loving. 

I still continue my role as Chair of the village hall and it's been lonely but I'm finally picking myself up I think . Hope you've all been well and going from strength to strength. 

Sounds as though you are winning lashes2508.  I am glad things are working out.  If nothing else, working in Early years teaches us about being flexible.  No such thing as a perfect plan!  Don't forget, we are all here to support you. X

• Like 1

10 hours ago, lashes2508 said:

It's been a long time since I posted probably because I felt unable too , my leaving was traumatic to say the least and I've spent the last few months trying to understand human reaction! Been taking time to adjust and spent a lot of time at the allotment and home . 

I passed my English Level 2 but now continuing Maths face to face and the access course so therefore uni deferred til next year . I am also doing a GCSE English now too which I'm loving. 

I still continue my role as Chair of the village hall and it's been lonely but I'm finally picking myself up I think . Hope you've all been well and going from strength to strength. 

Yay, lashes my lovely - so good to hear from you again:)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I've also decided to Nanny for a local  family  one day a week come January and have put my servicesfor babysitting and Nannying  out there as can do that with study and no pressures?There's only so much one can sell on eBay ! ??

Edited by lashes2508

• 2 weeks later...