Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Woohoo someone's been up in the loft!

Panders

It's beginning to look a lot like C..........! Mind you, everything does seem to be happening very early this year or is it that I'm just getting old?? Very pretty though (that's the forum - not me - just in case any of you wondered).

Edited by lsp
  • Like 3

Ooooh no, far too early yet. My tree goes up on Christmas eve.

Me too! Family tradition, 3pm Christmas eve, Festival of 9 lessons and carols on the radio, a glass of a favourite tipple. Listen to the first verse of 'Once in Royal David's City', toast each other with Merry Christmas and start decorating the tree. Even now we're not all together we do it. Last year there was a little flurry of 'Merry Christmas' texts at 3pm followed about 20 minutes later by sharing photos of our trees!

• Like 5

Although this year things are a little awry - my sister and her family are in Nepal over Christmas so they did Christmas Eve today - tree and all. Santa is making an early visit tonight - 2 very excited children over there! We're going over for Christmas day tomorrow!

• Like 3

oh that is lovely young Froglet have a lovely day :1b

We did thank you! It has felt oddly surreal. So like a real Christmas Day - dinner, presents, after dinner walk to make use of new presents, some tears - only down to exhaustion due to having been awake since 3.30 waiting for Santa - and my nephew very shyly playing 'Walking in the air ' on the piano. He'd been practising really hard to give us an extra Christmas present.

I can't quite get my head round the fact that I have to go to work like normal tomorrow!!

• Like 4