Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

Well - no confusion - it is Friday!!!

Nine weeks since closure - oh my actual goodness how can that have happened - nine weeks and I have very little to show for it

This is the conversation Mr S and I had over breakfast this morning:

Him: Oh is it Bank Holiday this weekend?

Me: Yes and I'm on half-term next week

Him: Oh good you could do with a break

xDxDxD

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, sunnyday said:

Him: Oh good you could do with a break

My husband said similar!

I must admit I feel shattered :(.   Since we told the parents our decision not to open 1st June (so probably Tuesday night) was the first time I've slept properly since we closed.     To be honest I now think the parents actually wanted us to say it,  I was expecting negativity but all I've had so far is positive comment from them. Pheww..

There's been so much reading and digesting information, trying to keep in touch with parents and staff etc.

I'm now focussing on how we can do a distance learning type transition for our school leavers. The BBC have a good website for starting primary school - I shall add the link to our face book on 1st June.  That is the sum total  my forward planning for the half-term sorted. I am trying to do nothing.

My husband has been tea-total for about 15 years or so due to medication (well he does drink alcohol free drinks). A couple of years ago he was told he can have the odd drink - but the effect of the alcohol will be strong, so 1 drink will possibly =3.   He said the after the last month or so dealing my work problems he now feels the need to try alcohol again and will be sharing my bottle of Pimms bank holiday Monday. xDxD

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/collections/starting-primary-school/1

I had a letter in the post about it pre-lockdown complete with stickers for the children. The link hadn't been working, but tried yesterday and it was there :)

I've had a quick look, and there are some activities that I'm going to print off to put in a pack/bag and I'm going to deliver to all parents.

I have also signed up for some 'book trust' books which I hope I receive, as this will go in the pack too.

Sorry I haven't got a link for the book trust thing though - I found it during the wee small hours when I couldn't sleep and didn't think to save the link.

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, louby loo said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/collections/starting-primary-school/1

I had a letter in the post about it pre-lockdown complete with stickers for the children. The link hadn't been working, but tried yesterday and it was there :)

I've had a quick look, and there are some activities that I'm going to print off to put in a pack/bag and I'm going to deliver to all parents.

I have also signed up for some 'book trust' books which I hope I receive, as this will go in the pack too.

Sorry I haven't got a link for the book trust thing though - I found it during the wee small hours when I couldn't sleep and didn't think to save the link.

Fabulous - much appreciated louby 

Good morning all and happy Friday - ten weeks since closure.....

Have sent my parents a letter this morning re possible re-opening 30th June - I think that now Boris has outlined his plans to ease lockdown my previous stance of 'no, we will not open' is now untenable - will wait to see what replies I get, really hoping that they don't want to do it....

On a personal front we have had some wonderful news this week - Mr S has had a telephone consultation with one of his docs at The Royal Brompton, they have offered him the chance to have another endobronchial valve fitted, he is like a dog with two tails! 🙂 He had his first valve fitted two years ago and the result was just amazing, but his condition is progressive so things have not been so good of late....obviously no date as yet but his consultant said "I will be very disappointed if it is not before the end of this year"

• Like 4

So pleased for Mr S - knowing what a difference it has made in the past will really make him want this again.      

Well, Sunnyday, regarding the nursery I hope the  decision goes the way you would wish it to.   

• Like 1

Very pleased for Mr S :) 

Will your opening be for all children, or just the leavers?  I'm still not 100% as I really didn't get a good vibe from yesterday's meeting.

I know we have to reopen at some point, but at this stage I'm not sure whether or not to just wait for Sept and done with now.  When do you finish for Summer? 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, louby loo said:

Very pleased for Mr S :) 

Will your opening be for all children, or just the leavers?  I'm still not 100% as I really didn't get a good vibe from yesterday's meeting.

I know we have to reopen at some point, but at this stage I'm not sure whether or not to just wait for Sept and done with now.  When do you finish for Summer? 

Thank you louby

My offer is for all children, we are such a small group that this is potentially doable - still have everything crossed that parents will decline the offer, I would much rather wait until September, but with yesterday's announcements that just doesn't seem fair anymore

7 hours ago, sunnyday said:

On a personal front we have had some wonderful news this week - Mr S has had a telephone consultation with one of his docs at The Royal Brompton, they have offered him the chance to have another endobronchial valve fitted, he is like a dog with two tails! 🙂 He had his first valve fitted two years ago and the result was just amazing, but his condition is progressive so things have not been so good of late....obviously no date as yet but his consultant said "I will be very disappointed if it is not before the end of this year"

I am so, so thrilled that he’s getting this opportunity!  Let’s just hope he passes all the fitness requirements and things go quickly and smoothly, so he has it done before the onset of winter!   Brilliant news.  Tell him I’m thrilled for him! 🤗🤗

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Cait said:

I am so, so thrilled that he’s getting this opportunity!  Let’s just hope he passes all the fitness requirements and things go quickly and smoothly, so he has it done before the onset of winter!   Brilliant news.  Tell him I’m thrilled for him! 🤗🤗

Thank you I will x

• Like 1

22 hours ago, sunnyday said:

Good morning all and happy Friday - ten weeks since closure.....

Have sent my parents a letter this morning re possible re-opening 30th June - I think that now Boris has outlined his plans to ease lockdown my previous stance of 'no, we will not open' is now untenable - will wait to see what replies I get, really hoping that they don't want to do it....

So pleased for you both... 🥰

OOH and on a side line have just realised we have lots of emoji's 🤩:x

• Like 2

How lovely to hear some good news Sunnyday. 

Re opening We have 23 (out of 38) going to school in September, we offerred to just those first  We are opening on 8th June

with 15 children of which only 8 who were starting school in September wanted to come back. I was surprised at that.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, lynned55 said:

How lovely to hear some good news Sunnyday. 

Re opening We have 23 (out of 38) going to school in September, we offerred to just those first  We are opening on 8th June

with 15 children of which only 8 who were starting school in September wanted to come back. I was surprised at that.

Speaking with a lot of our parents I think they just feel they have finished now,  and possible for them [parents] that's a valid reason not to send back without feeling guilty?

For us, most of our children come from very stable families (I know we don't know what goes on behind closed doors etc),also  we are not really used as 'childcare' for working parents, and with this lovely weather they are actually enjoying being off.  

We have 24 leaving for school this year (usually on have around 16 fish). We are going to offer a few short sessions to this age group in a few weeks- it will be interesting to see what the take-up is like then.  Originally we had only  5 show any interest out of 44,  actually only about 8 replied in any form of contact.  Of those 5, 2 were leavers, and 3 younger.    One the younger then changed her mind as soon as  she realised she wouldn't be returning to old style preschool :(

• Like 1

Oh my actual goodness - our Primary school have made a video and shared with parents/children to show how school will look from Monday - it is enough to make you weep - that is absolutely no criticism of the school they are just following 'guidelines' - I wonder how many of the 'yes' parents will now change to 'no'

23 hours ago, lynned55 said:

We only have 3 of 17 coming back and a couple more for wk 3 when siblings go to school, I think they feel they’re done now 😢

Our local infant school has been trashed apparently!!   That just doesn’t happen round here, and you’ve got to wonder if it’s so children can’t go back!  

• Sad 2