Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

3 hours ago, Mouseketeer said:

Looks good zigzag, I’d also love to loose our coloured furniture, tables/chairs mainly but they don’t give up so can’t justify changing them for the sake of change, I did swap all the coloured drawer trays from colour to the transparent/opaque ones which toned it down a lot, if your up to painting the ‘chalk’ paints they require no prep are really good on coloured wooden things like the kitchen units :-) 

I wondered if there was some kind of paint I could use, thank you I will give that a try.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, zigzag said:

Busy, busy day.  Finally got the walls painted and looking presentable.  Then the fun part, room change around!

17D61981-B1B4-46E8-96BF-19BAC6D38E61.jpeg

BB105D1A-7080-4AAC-AE18-9CC8C7D403D1.jpeg

59C978AE-7AF1-44F2-B8A9-639C6BF3CE4E.jpeg

19B8453F-231B-41D7-A483-96BA7CAD8EC8.jpeg

6EAB79E6-C1D0-4D47-9389-89A1590C7B81.jpeg

4DD7D9C9-DF42-46BD-B9F2-638BEE4618E4.jpeg

F573C5FB-2DDE-4982-9C80-2344701EE18E.jpeg

AADA8E9F-464E-4F8A-BD9A-1CCBDC23F16A.jpeg

Wow - your room looks amazing - how many children do you have each session? They must love it - I especially love the mirror and hair stuff.

I have spent all afternoon sorting my spare room out.  There is masses of recycling, a couple of sacks of rubbish and a load of clothes which I was going to donate.  I'm feeling pretty overwhelmed by it all - I'm shattered and it looks worse than it was.  I just want to get rid of it all!

1 hour ago, Froglet said:

I have spent all afternoon sorting my spare room out.  There is masses of recycling, a couple of sacks of rubbish and a load of clothes which I was going to donate.  I'm feeling pretty overwhelmed by it all - I'm shattered and it looks worse than it was.  I just want to get rid of it all!

You need Marie Kondo to pop by, she'll sort you out!  Things always look worse before they look better.  If you can't face anymore today, shut the door on it and have a lovely deep bath and a quiet evening

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Panders said:

You need Marie Kondo to pop by, she'll sort you out!  Things always look worse before they look better.  If you can't face anymore today, shut the door on it and have a lovely deep bath and a quiet evening

I would love her to!  I haven't had a bath but I have eaten a lot of chocolate.  I've also experimented with making some healthier meatballs - if I eat them in a tomato sauce with pasta it is 3 portions of veg (I've averaged 10 portions of fruit/veg a day) so far this week!).

In frog news - I've made his body/head and half a leg but have just realised that I've crocheted them inside out.  I think I can turn the body/head around but I need to start again with the leg!

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Another Friday!  I am having a nice time - lots of reading, plenty of cooking (although no real baking yet) and the crochet is at last going well - I have a frog body, head and two front legs!

The school work and TDL... not so well.  I just can't/don't want to do it!  I think, to be honest, I'm not even entirely sure what is actually on the TDL.  I had intended to get it all done by Tuesday when I have a meeting with school people as after that I am either visiting or have visitors but I don't know whether I'll be able to.  Wish me luck that I can at least work out what I need to do!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, louby loo said:

Well I've had a busy week:- car Mot'd, boobs Mot'd, new car shopping (worst job ever), lunch out with friends, holiday dog here to stay, day spent cleaning cupboard at work.  

I hope that at your 'boobs MOT' they didn't say "the suspension has gone" :ph34r:xD

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Not sure what I got up to last week - but I do know that it really felt like 'holiday time' :) I did spend a lot of time working in my garden, I am reading lots and I made sure that I walked everyday...…..oh and I can say, at last, the blessed accounts are done - just need to get them down to my accountant 

Next week Mr S will be at home with me which will be good - we are planning a day in Canterbury and we do have the two youngest grandchildren on Tuesday, other than that I'm not sure...….would be nice to 'see the sea' so think we might try and do that :)

• Like 1

Had a lovely few days spent with my brother and wife when they came down. Husband also had the week off work and we were busy doing not a lot!   Very chilled and relaxing. This weekend both sons girlfriends are around which is lovely as they are both real sweethearts.  Not sure what next week brings yet, still got to get to grips with the new inspection framework! Happy Sunday all.

• Like 2

So here we are again 'it's Friday'

Have had a lovely week with Mr S - didn't get to 'see the sea' but had some lovely days out :)

Must share an experience with you lovely lot - a Hare Krishna parade came through our tiny village this week - there were about 30 people all dressed in beautiful multi-coloured robes they were playing instruments, singing and dancing along the road, there was a beautiful, colourful wagon drawn by two huge oxen :o wish I had known they were coming and that I could have got some photos......they were just so joyful, fantastic to see......

Out for lunch tomorrow with two of my dearest friends, really looking forward to that......

Next week I had better get back to the dreaded TDL - actually not much left to do really - but must make my new register and update my policies

Happy weekend to all :)

• Like 2

That’s sounds lovely Sunnyday, why did they come through? I no nothing about this movement of people.

weather is just atrocious here today so have spent a bit more time at school and on the last of the TDL.  

Last night the pub where my son chefs held, a charity night for us, it had a pop up bar and BBQ, bouncy castles, face painting, raffle, tug of war, bale rolling and rounders tournament.  Great night and pretty well attended (sadly not by Pre-school families!) hoping it may become an annual event.

• Like 1

Running two TDL's at the moment. One for house and other for school. Both seem neverending. I suspect someone breaks in and adds to it while I'm asleep.! Redesigned front garden, moved 24 x 20kg bags of pebbles. I live near a primary school and have discovered that my house coincides with the finishing of a crisp packet, hence clearing  lots of rubbish from hedge.  Surely there must be a maths question there??¬¬ I thought as I worked...... "How many steps does it take to empty a 25g packet of crisps and stuff it into the hedge?!!"

Dusted ceilings (yes really!) picked blackberries, cut grass. Prepared invoices, learning journeys, repaired books..... Think I need a holiday from my holiday. However, it is immensely satisfying to physically cross things off the lists!9_9

• Like 2

2 hours ago, zigzag said:

That’s sounds lovely Sunnyday, why did they come through? I no nothing about this movement of people.

weather is just atrocious here today so have spent a bit more time at school and on the last of the TDL.  

Last night the pub where my son chefs held, a charity night for us, it had a pop up bar and BBQ, bouncy castles, face painting, raffle, tug of war, bale rolling and rounders tournament.  Great night and pretty well attended (sadly not by Pre-school families!) hoping it may become an annual event.

1 hour ago, sunnyday said:

Oops don't know what I did there - I was trying to quote zigzag re the Hare Krishna parade - one of my daughters-in-law asked them what they were doing and they said "spreading peace and joy across Kent"

Think we could do with some of that across the whole country at the moment.

• Like 3

Just checking in avoiding any sensible work :ph34r:

Not much ticked off the old TDL this week - but hey ho still have time to make a dent in it today (although the weather is far too nice for any work matters really)

Had a lovely day yesterday - went to a 'farming centre' type place with the youngest two grandchildren and their mummy - youngest grandson is 21 months, his little face was an absolute picture when we visited the 'petting barn' and he could get 'up close and personal' with a variety of animals :)

Happy weekend to all :)

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, louby loo said:

Well as far as work and TDL is concerned my brain has turned to complete mush :/

After a very good first week, I seem to have got nothing done - and we're back soon!

I know - I can feel the panic setting in too :o

33 minutes ago, louby loo said:

I keep looking at the new inspection framework thinking I really should at least skim read it!

I did a training day for this at end of last term - if I ever get round to typing up my notes I will share them with you

• Like 1