Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

Good morning - 'tis Friday!

Last day of term for some? Our primary doesn't end term until 20th...

Hope everyone has had a good week?

Mr S is being an absolute model patient and I am doing my best on the nursing front 😇 I overheard him talking to a friend on phone he said "I am certainly being looked after well" - I was chuffed with that! 🤣

He is <touching wood> making steady progress.

My sister has, at long last, been discharged from hospital - she has gone home - something we weren't sure could ever happen - she has employed a live-in carer and also has 'hospital at home' visit once a day to deal with IV anti-biotics.

Hope the weekend is kind to all x

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Sunnyday - good news about Mrs S and your sister, hoping the good run continues.

Finished yesterday with our party and Andy as the big man🎅... he grumbles about doing it- but loves it really 😂

We had our staff meal last night, and today we took the grandchildren to a christmas show (not panto.. the one thing I do not like about Christmas!!)

I am now ready to sleep for a week 😂

Hope everyone has a good weekend. x

• Love 1

On 15/12/2023 at 19:28, Froglet said:

I don’t finish until the 22nd. This weekend am mostly sleeping and trying to do jobs so I can be properly off over Christmas as it’s such a short break this year.

Oh, young Froglet it will be such a short break for you - that's not good

• Like 1

On 16/12/2023 at 08:38, sunnyday said:

Oh, young Froglet it will be such a short break for you - that's not good

It will - barely a week and a half before we’re back but that’s partly why I’m working hard now, am doing my best not to work at all over Christmas which rarely happens!

• Sad 3

Please don’t be sad for me!

An old friend (we met at playgroup!) messaged this morning to say she was coming up to see her mum and dad and could she call in? We haven’t seen each other for at least 2 years and had a lovely catch up. Plus it actually motivated me to tidy up downstairs. I couldn’t not feed her so made Christmas crinkle cookies and mulled apple juice. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Sunnyday fab news about Mr S and your sister. I hope recovery continues well for them both. Hope you are looking after yourself well as well.

Froglet that is such a short break, I hope you enjoy every day of it.

Cannot believe it’s Christmas in a week! It really does not feel like it at all this year. 

• Like 2

Not just any old Friday - the Friday when young Froglet actually breaks up - yay!

Mr S continues to be a very good patient and is making good and steady progress <touch wood> I am sure the outstanding nursing care is contributing to this 😇🤣

I can tell you that we 'count our blessings' daily.

At our little knitting group this week we helped our Parish Council clerk to make up the Christmas hampers for our very oldest village residents - these contained lots of festive food treats and one each of our lap blankets which we had worked like Trojans to have ready in time - all looked lovely and I do enjoy seeing a plan come together.

We hope and think that Mr S will be well enough for us to spend Christmas as planned - Christmas day with eldest son and family and Boxing Day with youngest son and family - even if we can stay for a shorter time than usual at each house it will still be lovely.

27th we will have eldest son's spaniel come to stay whilst they go to Euro Disney with our youngest grandchildren - Mr S has said he feels up to the planned granddog sitting - she is a real sweetie so that's all good.

Goodness - that's a lot of waffle!

How is everyone?

Hope that the weekend and the festive period are kind to all x

• Like 1

On 22/12/2023 at 07:37, sunnyday said:

Not just any old Friday - the Friday when young Froglet actually breaks up - yay!

Mr S continues to be a very good patient and is making good and steady progress <touch wood> I am sure the outstanding nursing care is contributing to this 😇🤣

I can tell you that we 'count our blessings' daily.

At our little knitting group this week we helped our Parish Council clerk to make up the Christmas hampers for our very oldest village residents - these contained lots of festive food treats and one each of our lap blankets which we had worked like Trojans to have ready in time - all looked lovely and I do enjoy seeing a plan come together.

We hope and think that Mr S will be well enough for us to spend Christmas as planned - Christmas day with eldest son and family and Boxing Day with youngest son and family - even if we can stay for a shorter time than usual at each house it will still be lovely.

27th we will have eldest son's spaniel come to stay whilst they go to Euro Disney with our youngest grandchildren - Mr S has said he feels up to the planned granddog sitting - she is a real sweetie so that's all good.

Goodness - that's a lot of waffle!

How is everyone?

Hope that the weekend and the festive period are kind to all x

Things looking good for you! 😁

Hope Froglet makes it through today.... and then doesn"t she sleep through Christmas !!!!🙀

We (me, Andy and grandaughter) had breakfast with Father Christmas this morning- I must say back in September an 8.15 arrival seemed a good idea 😂 It was very nice though.  I think I'm almost Father Christmas'd out now!!!!! Andy had to do two 'gigs' last week (he's getting a reputation  locally as a good Santa!) 

xx

• Like 2

Just catching up on all the news. Sunnyday so glad Mr S is doing well, I am sure you are an awesome nurse! 
Froglet, hope you get some well deserved rest and recuperation time! Don’t think about school until next year. 
Gezabel that is really great news.

Wishing you all a very happy Christmas. Xxx

• Like 3

Do I get some points for even knowing that it is Friday?! 🤣

How is everyone - did Christmas go well? 

We had a lovely time with sons and families - I particularly enjoyed Boxing Day at youngest son's house with 4 generations age range 3 - 95 ❤️

Mr S had been doing really well - but not so great this morning - hopefully just a 'blip'...

Have a lovely weekend all x

• Like 2
  • Love 1

On 29/12/2023 at 09:19, sunnyday said:

We had a lovely time with sons and families - I particularly enjoyed Boxing Day at youngest son's house with 4 generations age range 3 - 95 ❤️

Mr S had been doing really well - but not so great this morning - hopefully just a 'blip'...

Top Marks for knowing it's Friday!

Good Christmas here too, and now we're going for round two for GD's birthday on the 1st.... I just can't believe she's 4 😳🙀

Hope Mr S is feeling better again soon- possibly the weather not hleping?  It really is so gloomy out it makes even the healthiest feel down 🙁

• Like 2
  • Love 1

On 29/12/2023 at 13:06, louby loo said:

Top Marks for knowing it's Friday!

Good Christmas here too, and now we're going for round two for GD's birthday on the 1st.... I just can't believe she's 4 😳🙀

Hope Mr S is feeling better again soon- possibly the weather not hleping?  It really is so gloomy out it makes even the healthiest feel down 🙁

Thanks Louby - I was impressed with my days of the week knowledge - I even remembered to put the bin out for (revised) collection 🤣

Goodness - how can your lovely granddaughter be 4 - she was only born 5 minutes ago!

Mr S quite a bit better this afternoon - it was pain in his operation wound - he is not taking any of his 'strong' painkillers now...

• Love 1

On 29/12/2023 at 15:48, sunnyday said:

Thanks Louby - I was impressed with my days of the week knowledge - I even remembered to put the bin out for (revised) collection 🤣

Goodness - how can your lovely granddaughter be 4 - she was only born 5 minutes ago!

Mr S quite a bit better this afternoon - it was pain in his operation wound - he is not taking any of his 'strong' painkillers now...

Funnily enough I was going to mention 'bins' in my post 😂

My brother-in-law has had a good few months of wound pain- all started with a blister, ended up in hospital for over a week.  It's taken a long time but he is now finally fully recovered.

• Like 1

On 29/12/2023 at 09:19, sunnyday said:

You get a lot of points for knowing that it's Friday!

I had a lovely couple of days at my sisters. She did a brilliant job hosting Christmas, my mum seemed to cope with stepping back a little which was good. We played lots of games, ate lots of food and went to see a local light trail which was beautiful as well as lots of chatting! Then back home but my sister came up to mum and dad's and my brother came down so we had another family day with the youngest members - lots of excitement! Today is my first day on my own for a while and whilst I enjoyed the family time this is lovely too. I have been for a quick walk to post a card, made mushroom soup and done some crocheting.

I have something mysterious out of the freezer for dinner (it's either chilli or butternut squash curry - the label seems to have disappeared!) and am contemplating booking some theatre trips and days out for next year. 

Glad you enjoyed your Christmases Sunnyday and Louby. Hope Mr S is feeling better soon Sunnyday.

It is very gloomy out and the fire in my living room has decided not to work at the moment so I'm going to light several candles and snuggle up under a blanket.

Edited by Froglet
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

On 29/12/2023 at 16:55, Froglet said:

You get a lot of points for knowing that it's Friday!

I had a lovely couple of days at my sisters. She did a brilliant job hosting Christmas, my mum seemed to cope with stepping back a little which was good. We played lots of games, ate lots of food and went to see a local light trail which was beautiful as well as lots of chatting! Then back home but my sister came up to mum and dad's and my brother came down so we had another family day with the youngest members - lots of excitement! Today is my first day on my own for a while and whilst I enjoyed the family time this is lovely too. I have been for a quick walk to post a card, made mushroom soup and done some crocheting.

I have something mysterious out of the freezer for dinner (it's either chilli or butternut squash curry - the label seems to have disappeared!) and am contemplating booking some theatre trips and days out for next year. 

Glad you enjoyed your Christmases Sunnyday and Louby. Hope Mr S is feeling better soon Sunnyday.

It is very gloomy out and the fire in my living room has decided not to work at the moment so I'm going to light several candles and snuggle up under a blanket.

Sounds like a lovely Christmas young Froglet!

We did a bit of game playing too - I really enjoyed 'magnet chess' - a misnomer as it has absolutely nothing to do with chess - lots of fun and can be played by all ages.

I'm wondering what your 'mystery dinner' turned out to be 🤣

On 29/12/2023 at 19:27, sunnyday said:

Sounds like a lovely Christmas young Froglet!

We did a bit of game playing too - I really enjoyed 'magnet chess' - a misnomer as it has absolutely nothing to do with chess - lots of fun and can be played by all ages.

I am addicted to manet chess - such a simple concept and yet such good fun. Like you i have no idea why it has chess in its title!! My Granddaugher beat me several times!!

Lot of fun family time here too. Sadly one son in Australie (thank goodness for face time ) round two tomorrow but one down as another  son tested positive for COVID. Luckily he is not too poorly.

Hope you are ll enjoying the festice break and sending you all warmest wishes for 2024

• Like 2
  • Love 1

On 29/12/2023 at 19:27, sunnyday said:

It turned out to be the butternut squash curry!

On 29/12/2023 at 21:23, Gezabel said:

I am addicted to manet chess - such a simple concept and yet such good fun. Like you i have no idea why it has chess in its title!! My Granddaugher beat me several times!!

I’m going to have to look up Magnet chess! 

On 29/12/2023 at 19:30, sunnyday said:

Oh and I'm chuffed that I gained all my apples today! If you know you know! 🤣

I know! Congratulations!!

• Like 1