Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

Good morning - 'tis Friday!

How is everyone?

Poor Mr S is in an awful lot of pain - this was expected and the hospital 'pain management team' are helping him so that is good...they had to halve his 'self-administered' pain relief oxycodone as that was having some nasty side effects and are topping him up with paracetamol and codeine - have to keep reminding ourselves that it is very early days yet and that it was major surgery this time - they have removed two thirds of his right lung, hoped for keyhole but ended up having to 'cut' - he is a determined old bugger so if anyone can get through this he will <obviously touching wood as I type that>

We have to be a bit 'economical with the truth' for his poor mum, she is 92, we just keep it all very upbeat for her, I don't like 'fibbing' but want to protect her and try to prevent too much worry for her.

My sister has finally been moved to our nearest hospital, which is good but sadly she is not on very good form at all, which is understandable, she is turning over all the things that she has lost in her mind, I don't really know how to help her but I try my best!

Goodness - that's enough now of the 'poorly ones'

Who has snow? We do!

Hope the weekend is kind to all x

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Hi Sunnyday, sending you and Mr S and your sister lots of love. Please take care of yourself in all your busyness caring for them.

I’ve had the usual busy  week we finished with a visit to our local Christmas Tree festival today. I have just treated myself to pizza and need to do some work tonight to meet some deadlines then my weekend should be mostly planning and a bit of crafting. 

We have a festive stay and play session next week so I need to go a pinteresting for some fresh ideas - I’ve been recycling the same few for the last couple of years!

Other than that just being cosy as such a cold few days is forecast!

• Like 1

Hi all 👋 

Hope things look up soon sunnyday, make time for you to.

How is there only 2 weeks to go but so much to fit in 🤯 hope those of you still working have a good run up to end of term 🤞

a bit of a snow flurry here yesterday but nothing to write home about, just flippin 🥶 

Have a good weekend all 😊 

• Like 2

Wishing Mr S  and your sister well. And like everyone has said, make sure you look after yourself in all this. 
We NEVER get snow on our coast of Cornwall but yesterday just 10 miles away from us they had a lot of snow! Very unexpected. Been the most beautiful day today, very cold but some lovely sunshine, the perfect winters day in fact.  My brother in Kent sent a video of some snow they had today, hope it’s gone by the time we go up in a weeks time for a flying visit.

Have a lovely weekend all and stay warm. 

• Like 2

Sunnyday- Hoping Mr S and your sisiter are all continuing on the road to recovery 😊

We had a lovely - but very cold and frosty week.  Back to rain/grey again now though 🙄

Not long now before the Chrsitmas break - so a busy few weeks ahead. We finish next thursday... can't wait!

• Like 1

louby - you do make me laugh - how are you finishing this Thursday?🤣

Thank you for all the good wishes for Mr S - he is not doing very well - but I just remind myself that it is very early days - I spoke to the nurse looking after him this morning and he was full of reassurance that he is heading in the right direction 🤞🤞🤞 it doesn't help at all that he is 'completely off his trolley' with the morphine - he keeps sending me crazy voice texts - so far today I have received - "put down, slam base" and "we need to MC" 🤦‍♀️ okay then! We have had a couple of fairly normal conversations too so not all bad...

Snow has all gone now and replaced with rain, rain, and a bit more rain

• Like 2

On 03/12/2023 at 13:49, sunnyday said:

louby - you do make me laugh - how are you finishing this Thursday?🤣

Not 'this' thursday, 'next' Thurday 😂😂😂 .... even I've got to try and make the funded hours to last into mid-Dec 😬

Hope Mr S soon turns the corner- the drugs really can mess with the head. xx

• Like 2

On 01/12/2023 at 19:31, Froglet said:

I’ve had the usual busy  week we finished with a visit to our local Christmas Tree festival today. I have just treated myself to pizza and need to do some work tonight to meet some deadlines then my weekend should be mostly planning and a bit of crafting. 

Have you done any interesting crafts?  I need some inspiration !

On 03/12/2023 at 20:04, louby loo said:

Have you done any interesting crafts?  I need some inspiration !

Nothing out of the ordinary at the moment - both my nieces requested ‘Aunty Froglet socks’ for Christmas which is a compliment but resulting in some frantic knitting!

• Like 1

On 03/12/2023 at 22:34, sunnyday said:

Thank you that is so reassuring x

My mum rang to me tell me there was a 'spy in the bed opposite, what should she do?" and that she couldn't sleep at night as the consultant kept trying to marry her while she was asleep.

Drugs do do very weird things to the head!

• Like 1

On 04/12/2023 at 13:09, louby loo said:

My mum rang to me tell me there was a 'spy in the bed opposite, what should she do?" and that she couldn't sleep at night as the consultant kept trying to marry her while she was asleep.

Drugs do do very weird things to the head!

Oh louby - thank you that is so reassuring!

A friend told me that when his dad was on morphine he kept saying "forget about mum, save the boat" - needless to say he wasn't a boat owner!

I spoke to his nurse this morning and she reminded me that 'small progress is still progress' which is so true - at the time he was off having an echocardiogram...when he rang a bit later he said "I have to try and cut down on the morphine, I thought you were in the unit with me and I was talking to you, the young girl (for young girl please read radiographer) asked me who I was talking to"...

• Love 5

I can't believe what I have to tell you - Mr S is coming home today - phew - full recovery will take around 3 months but his surgeon has said this can happen at home...I am, of course, absolutely thrilled but at the same time a little apprehensive.

He has come a long way in such a short time - including having his heart shocked back into rhythm on Wednesday - the thought of that frightened the life out of me - I thought it might be a step too far for his poor old body...but, of course, they know what they are doing and he was fine.

Eldest son is driving up to collect him - he should be released around 1pm.

So off now to dust of my nurses uniform 🤦‍♀️can you imagine that would put him straight back in hospital 🤣

I hope everyone is okay and that those still working are covered in glitter!

Have the best of weekends x

• Love 5

Oh sunnuday what lovely new, what better place to recover than home where apart from anything else you can get some good sleep without all the noise around you that you get in hospital.

Nice your son is going to help you do the pickup, be nice to have someone with you to get him and all his stuff home.

I hope it all goes to plan and you aren't waiting around for ages

Lots of love to you all x

• Like 1

On 03/12/2023 at 20:01, louby loo said:

Not 'this' thursday, 'next' Thurday 😂😂😂 .... even I've got to try and make the funded hours to last into mid-Dec 😬

Hope Mr S soon turns the corner- the drugs really can mess with the head. xx

yeah a week (or 4 days) to go it’s been a toughy, not that I expect it to be any easier next term.

When are you back Louby? We’re not till the 8th

pleased to read things are looking positive sunnyday.

• Like 1

Thanks my lovely Friday friends!

Just one word, no two THE DRUGS - oh my actual goodness he has brought home so many drugs and your truly is responsible for dispensing - I need to get myself sorted with a list - some are one in the morning, others are twice per day, some three times a day, some four times a day, some are one at night...

So good to have him home where he belongs ❤️

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 08/12/2023 at 22:15, sunnyday said:

Thanks my lovely Friday friends!

Just one word, no two THE DRUGS - oh my actual goodness he has brought home so many drugs and your truly is responsible for dispensing - I need to get myself sorted with a list - some are one in the morning, others are twice per day, some three times a day, some four times a day, some are one at night...

So good to have him home where he belongs ❤️

What a great Christmas present to have him home!.....

Order yourself a drug box from amazon, I used to set it up once a week and then at least if i missed one i knew ! :)

• Like 1

On 09/12/2023 at 08:00, finleysmaid said:

What a great Christmas present to have him home!.....

Order yourself a drug box from amazon, I used to set it up once a week and then at least if i missed one i knew ! :)

Thanks fm - great idea!

We made it through his first night home, although we were up and drinking tea at 1:30 🤦‍♀️

I have counted - he has (if you include inhalers and nebuliser fluids) 19 different drugs...

• Love 2

Oh my goodness! I’m sure you can manage it all Sunnyday!

I was late at school setting up Santa’s grotto for him to visit on Monday and then for Mrs Claus to tell stories in the next day. 

Ghis morning I’m being lazy and am still in pjs. Tomorrow I’m meeting a friend to eat and chat in the afternoon then we’ll go to a candle lit carol service in the evening. It’s become an annual tradition that I love.

Sometime around those things I need to fit in my TDL. I might just review it today and then actually work tomorrow. Will decide when I see how much is on it! The lure of a completely school free day (ie getting it all done today) is strong though …

• Like 1

On 08/12/2023 at 08:42, sunnyday said:

I can't believe what I have to tell you - Mr S is coming home today - phew - full recovery will take around 3 months but his surgeon has said this can happen at home...I am, of course, absolutely thrilled but at the same time a little apprehensive.

He has come a long way in such a short time - including having his heart shocked back into rhythm on Wednesday - the thought of that frightened the life out of me - I thought it might be a step too far for his poor old body...but, of course, they know what they are doing and he was fine.

So off now to dust of my nurses uniform 🤦‍♀️can you imagine that would put him straight back in hospital 🤣

Great News!  You'll soon have the drug thing sorted 😁

On 08/12/2023 at 19:17, Mouseketeer said:

yeah a week (or 4 days) to go it’s been a toughy, not that I expect it to be any easier next term.

When are you back Louby? We’re not till the 8th

pleased to read things are looking positive sunnyday.

We're back on the 4th - so can can finish early again!

• Like 1

On 08/12/2023 at 08:42, sunnyday said:

Sitting here feeling pretty miserable due to a good old dose of COVID but i am so utterly thrilled to read your news. It really has cheered me iup no end :-0

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

On 10/12/2023 at 21:02, Gezabel said:

Sitting here feeling pretty miserable due to a good old dose of COVID but i am so utterly thrilled to read your news. It really has cheered me iup no end :-0

Oh no, you poor thing, sending lots of get well wishes xxx

On 11/12/2023 at 07:01, Mouseketeer said:

Is that for Easter hols? We are up to the Thurs before good Friday ….expect I’ll regret that later 🙄

We 'stretch' the spring/summer funding which means we use a few days of the summer added to the spring term if that makes sense?  Just means we can finsih a few days ealier in the summer. (although looking at the calendar quickly now even i'm not sure how it's going to work out this year 😂)

• Like 1