Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

On 12/08/2022 at 10:08, sunnyday said:

It was zigzag!

I have well and truly 'outed' myself here - but I don't really care now that I am retired - the parched village green that was shown is exactly where I live, but a bit further down...oh and dear Doris, isn't she wonderful...

It looks beautiful Sunnyday. My Mum and Dad used to live in Fordcombe in Kent which I assume is quite similar.  Love the Kentish countryside so different from down here.  Doris was a star!

• Like 1

On 12/08/2022 at 15:57, Panders said:

im about 5 miles from Fordcombe!

Used to love going up there on our holidays, such a lovely part of Kent. Since they moved back down to Cornwall I only ever go to Orpington now where my brother is, which isn’t as nice!

On 12/08/2022 at 16:07, zigzag said:

Used to love going up there on our holidays, such a lovely part of Kent. Since they moved back down to Cornwall I only ever go to Orpington now where my brother is, which isn’t as nice!

Orpington exceedingly built up and busy being so close to London, easy to commute from.   My friend runs her bridal shop there.

On 14/08/2022 at 08:13, louby loo said:

Late to the Friday check in! (think I'm just trying to deny time is flying past)

Nothing eventful in my week, and just planning a lazy weekend due to the heat.

I remember, when I was still working, just watching August fly by and willing it to slow down...

It is so flippin' hot - but as I said to Mr S this morning - we will soon be moaning that it's too cold and wet 😉

Anyone seen fm - I hope she is okay and just taking a much deserved break...

• Like 1

On 12/08/2022 at 10:08, sunnyday said:

It was zigzag!

I have well and truly 'outed' myself here - but I don't really care now that I am retired - the parched village green that was shown is exactly where I live, but a bit further down...oh and dear Doris, isn't she wonderful...

Oh I missed it, when was it on?

Do any of you remember that satire programme ‘drop the dead donkey’ that was set in a newsroom, where the reporters would throw dead fish, or charred teddies about to make their story more sensational?  I always think of that, I’m afraid, with news stories.  Especially when they say things like ‘completely demolished the house’ when you can see it quite plainly still standing, or whatever.   

• Like 2

On 14/08/2022 at 11:12, sunnyday said:

I remember, when I was still working, just watching August fly by and willing it to slow down...

It is so flippin' hot - but as I said to Mr S this morning - we will soon be moaning that it's too cold and wet 😉

Anyone seen fm - I hope she is okay and just taking a much deserved break...

Sorry folks...been away for a week! house sale going SO>>>>>>>>>>>slowly ! daughters are causing me stress as only daughters can !!! (IYKYK) have been so distracted by everything else I haven't had time to pop in. Sorry 

hope you are all ok? i'll pop back and read the gossip as soon as i've sent another email to the solicitors! xxxxxx

• Like 2

On 15/08/2022 at 13:28, finleysmaid said:

Sorry folks...been away for a week! house sale going SO>>>>>>>>>>>slowly ! daughters are causing me stress as only daughters can !!! (IYKYK) have been so distracted by everything else I haven't had time to pop in. Sorry 

hope you are all ok? i'll pop back and read the gossip as soon as i've sent another email to the solicitors! xxxxxx

Ah there you are!

Good luck with the house move and daughters 😂

• Like 1

On 15/08/2022 at 20:21, louby loo said:

We had about a minute big wet spots around 7ish, then it stopped again. 

Yes the same here, I got so excited and then 30 seconds later it was flipping baking again!  Truro, which is about 30 miles from us had a massive flood on one of the roundabouts, cars could only just about drive through🤯

On 16/08/2022 at 10:48, sunnyday said:

IT IS RAINING!!!

Yay! I have never been so happy about rain - all my dancing has paid off - it is pouring down - long may it last!

we had a few spots which weren't enough to make the pavements wet but the sky is looking dark so fingers crossed.

• Like 1

On 16/08/2022 at 11:50, blondie said:

we had a few spots which weren't enough to make the pavements wet but the sky is looking dark so fingers crossed.

I have everything crossed for you blondie!

In other exciting news - I have put a cardi on - lovely

• Haha 2

On 16/08/2022 at 18:09, Froglet said:

I just took some homemade biscuits round to say hello to my new neighbours. It’s the kind of thing that terrifies me so I’m feeling pretty proud of myself!

Go young Froglet - well done and I'm sure your new neighbours really appreciated your kindness

• Like 1

On 16/08/2022 at 18:09, Froglet said:

I just took some homemade biscuits round to say hello to my new neighbours. It’s the kind of thing that terrifies me so I’m feeling pretty proud of myself!

That's very kind of you. We have new 'next door-but one' neighbours- they've spent the whole day strimming the garden 😬