Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

On 01/07/2022 at 17:05, Panders said:

great final cant say the winner was my favourite at the beginning of the series but warmed to her over last 4/5 progs absolutely deserved the win

Yes, she certainly showed lots of improvement as the weeks went by, and it was a close thing between her and Debora.

I'm pretty sure we're going to see a lot more of Brogan, which although last weeks episode slightly annoyed me - I think she could be a fresh new face to promote home sewing on TV, and will appeal to younger viewers. (I've liked her all the way through though)

Well my darling Dad passed away on Thursday evening with myself and Mum by his side holding his hands. For him it is such a happy release and that is what I am holding onto at the moment,  It’s been a long two years for him living a half life that he could never fully accept. My Dad has always been my hero but watching how he has handled the last two years with such dignity and humour made me fully realise just what a hero he was.  

• Sad 3

On 03/07/2022 at 20:21, zigzag said:

Well my darling Dad passed away on Thursday evening with myself and Mum by his side holding his hands. For him it is such a happy release and that is what I am holding onto at the moment,  It’s been a long two years for him living a half life that he could never fully accept. My Dad has always been my hero but watching how he has handled the last two years with such dignity and humour made me fully realise just what a hero he was.  

Oh zigzag, I'm so sad for you but your post is wonderful, there is a right time...

Sending you much love xxx

• Like 1

So sorry for your loss zigzag.  Your posts have always been filled with love for your dad and the difficulties he has had over the last couple of years.  He passed with you and your mum there - it is sad and uplifting at the same time.   I too felt the same about my dad being my hero and I too was there for him at the last my mum having being unable to be there but in another part of the hospital at the same time in 2003 - you will always gain comfort for having been there with him I feel, as Sunnyday has said, sending much love.

• Like 1

On 01/07/2022 at 16:57, louby loo said:I still haven't gotten over BBC moving the Sewing Bee final over to BBC2 on Wednesday yet!!!!!!

No, I call that jolly rude and unnecessary. 

Oh zig-zag, so sorry to hear this.  I still feel slightly broken at my Dad passing, and the simplest thing still sets me off, so I know the road you have to travel.   Be kind to yourself, and just let your feelings happen.  It does get a little easier, but it doesn’t go away.   He gave you precious time to get used to the idea that he wasn’t going to be there, and that will help with what you’ll be facing now.   
sending virtual hugs to you and lots of love.  We are all here if you need us, my friend xxx

• Like 1

Hi all - tis Friday...

Thoughts very much with our dear zigzag

What a week it has been in politics!

Holiday dogs have just gone home - will miss them - however my other holiday dog will be arriving in just over a weeks time

Tennis has been brilliant - sad that Rafa has had to withdraw though

Wishing you all a lovely weekend x

Well- wow, wow, wow, this year has flown past so quickly! this is our last Friday of the year  (not that I work Fridays anyway)

I had the granddaughter overnight Saturday, and again Wednesday night - we've had lots of fun together (I don't work Thursdays either!🤣) She loves going to the 'gardening centre' mainly because they do chocolate milk, and then she get's to count the various bags of soil... oh, and the opportunity to stick her hands in various water features !!!!

Have a good weekend everyone 😊

Zigzag - I really do hope you manage to have a good last few days at your preschool even though it is a very sad time for you 

• Like 1

Been a very busy week. Sorting everything that needs to be sorted. We met with the celebrant today and the funeral is on Thursday. I’ve also been trying to keep my head above water with all the usual end of term madness, thinking about the handover and getting sorted for interviews next week.  Also have had to do my three cleaning jobs. So actually haven’t had a minute to sit and take stock. Good in one way but maybe not in the fact that my head is spinning with it all and it doesn’t seem real. 
It’s so hot down here as well, not great for the hot flushes! 
Hope everyone has a lovely weekend, stay safe in the heat and thank you all for your kind words, it means a lot. Xx

• Like 4

Sending huge hugs at such a difficult time for you and your family. I am sure you have numerous happy memories of a wonderful Dad and hope these will be a source of strength and comfort x  

• Like 1

so very sorry to hear your news Zigzag, your dad passed away with two special people by his side knowing how much he was loved. xx

• Like 1

You are all such kind and very thoughtful people and your thoughts and wishes are very much appreciated. Thank you. 
Today went very well. The service that the celebrant put together was brilliant. She took all our words, thoughts and stories and wound them into a wonderful tribute.  My brother read a poem and I wrote a tribute called my Dad my hero. It really was low key and simple, just as my Dad would have wanted. Mum and I were determined to not cry and make it a celebration of his wonderful life and I’m proud to say we both managed it.  I went and saw Dad in the chapel of rest on Tuesday and I am so very glad that I did. To see him at rest made me feel very peaceful and I was able to take this back and share it with Mum.  Now to remember the happier times and memories rather than the more recent years.

• Like 8

So here we are again - tis Friday!

Dear zigzag, so pleased that everything went well yesterday 

Nothing exciting to report from here - oh except that our Knit and Natter second blanket is finished and ready for me to send off to 'Knit for Peace', it is really lovely and I would like to think that whoever receives it will enjoy...this one is absolutely enormous, that is apparently what is most needed...

Louby - is it your last day today? 

Sending warmest wishes to all - have a lovely weekend x

• Like 3

On 15/07/2022 at 10:09, sunnyday said:

So here we are again - tis Friday!

Dear zigzag, so pleased that everything went well yesterday 

Nothing exciting to report from here - oh except that our Knit and Natter second blanket is finished and ready for me to send off to 'Knit for Peace', it is really lovely and I would like to think that whoever receives it will enjoy...this one is absolutely enormous, that is apparently what is most needed...

Louby - is it your last day today? 

Sending warmest wishes to all - have a lovely weekend x

Here it is, for those who’d like to see!   Isn’t it fabulous.  

10B82350-CF5D-4728-BA13-C940B9F272BE.jpeg

• Like 4

Zigzag, I so pleased that yesterday was a positive experience for you and your family. 😊

Our last day was yesterday 😁 ........ all I can say is- in honestly covid has hardly affected us at all really, staff had it 'one at a time' so very conveniently didn't make too much difference as we always run at least 1 over ratio. I've not had it- staff joke it's because I have no friends!!! (A Korean Dr stated only people with no friends have escaped it, so it's a long standing joke amongst us now🤣). HOWEVER! .. chicken pox on the other hand- almost wiped out our last day party!!!  

I feel for any full daycare or settings due to be open next week though, and am so please we finished early.

• Like 2

I’ll be your friend Louby loo!🤣 Now relax and enjoy your break.  I’m not looking forward to next week! Not only are the children hyped up on end of term vibes but the weather is making them incredibly fractious, Monday is going to be very trying I feel!  Anyway we held interviews on Tuesday and my replacement is lovely.  She is one of those lovely, friendly bubbly people that you just like instantly. She has lots of experience and I feel very happy handing my treasured pre-school over to her.  I am on countdown now! Just been to see the most beautiful seaside cottage that I am going to be cleaning, the view is to die for! I will post some photos for you all to drool over when I start. That is if I can stay on the forum😢 Have a love,y weekend and stay safe in the heat. I’m just off to do one of my changeovers now so I don’t have three to do tomorrow when it’s very hot!🥵🥵

• Like 5