Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

On 28/12/2021 at 17:42, Panders said:

Anyone watch A Very British Scandal?     Not sure why I kept watching, it wasn't an enjoyable watch in any shape or form.   I was intrigued by a story I kind of knew about from references in the press over the years etc., but really didn't take any interest in.   With Claire Foy in the title role I thought I would watch - bit too soon after playing the Queen really - same sort of era - shocking the way the male establishment treated the real Duchess, but some of her little tricks if they are to be believed because there was artistic licence here, were a bit mean but in a way understandable.

I have now re-watched the last part (I had fallen asleep before) - hmmm I still don't understand that photo, how was she intending to use it, or was there no intention at all, who was the 'headless man'???

Anyway, she was treated dreadfully, okay she was incredibly manipulative, but my goodness it really was 'a man's world'

I don't know why she had the photo, maybe just a trophy (Polaroid cameras were very new at that time).   In real life there was a lot of speculation as to who it was, I don't think she ever said but it did come to light that it was a man called Duncan Sandys - who wasn't even in the drama.   Apparently, she wouldn't say who a lot of her men friends were because they were gay and it was still against the law.  I did like the fact that she said the man in the photo was her  husband - the team then said he would have to be "checked" to make sure and she was very pleased at the thought of his humiliation.     They really did want to destroy each other.

Edited by Panders
  • Like 1

I exhausted myself cooking on Christmas Day for eldest son, wife and children, then again Boxing Day for middle son, partner and his children, well not the baby.     Forgotten just how much energy it takes to entertain!     Haven't really got back on an even keel ever since, certainly not eating - just not hungry, but nibbling.

Youngest son spoilt his mummy with a new sewing machine ----- so I have been getting used to that - crikey how things have moved on since my old thing!

• Like 2

All well here, my Dad had a reasonably good day on Christmas Day so we were able to get him down to my house for dinner in between carer visits. First time he has been here since he became ill which is eighteen months. So to have him sat at my table was the best Christmas present imaginable.  The rest of the holiday has been incredibly lazy! We are currently binge watching the Handmaids tale and are totally addicted.  What an imagination (all be it totally messed up) the writer of it has.  
I hope all of your family members who have Covid are soon on the mend.

• Like 4

Morning all - tis Friday (at least I think it is 🤷‍♀️)

New Years Eve too - I feel that I should have some upbeat words to share...

This year ends with my dear sister in hospital, she has suffered a heart attack, waiting now for a procedure...was scheduled to happen yesterday but presumably emergencies took over, so please keep everything crossed for her that it goes ahead today. Anyway, I must look on the bright side, she is still with us and that's really all that matters

Thank you to all of my lovely forum friends we have shared another year of ups and downs

Hope that 2022 is kind to all xxx

• Like 5

4 hours ago, sunnyday said:

so please keep everything crossed for her that it goes ahead today.

Absolutely everything is crossed. I hope that it goes ahead and goes well. 

I hope that 2022 is kind to everyone and thank you to you all for your kindness, encouragement and support in this one.

• Like 3

Sunnyday, was sad on reading your post - as everyone has said I do hope that the procedure takes place as soon as possible and that she is well on the way to recovery very soon.

As for 2022 bring it on!  I truly believe this will be the last year of Covid restrictions one way or the other - I thought at the outset anything less than 3 years would be hoping for too much, the vaccines have been a marvel.  Wishing all a very healthy and happy New Year.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, sunnyday said:

Morning all - tis Friday (at least I think it is 🤷‍♀️)

New Years Eve too - I feel that I should have some upbeat words to share...

This year ends with my dear sister in hospital, she has suffered a heart attack, waiting now for a procedure...was scheduled to happen yesterday but presumably emergencies took over, so please keep everything crossed for her that it goes ahead today. Anyway, I must look on the bright side, she is still with us and that's really all that matters

Thank you to all of my lovely forum friends we have shared another year of ups and downs

Hope that 2022 is kind to all xxx

Oh crikey!   I hope she gets sorted quickly and she’s able to have the procedure quickly and it sorts things out!  What a shocker for you though. 😳😳.  Thinking about you extra ‘specially! 

So many ups and downs this year, and will continue here for the foreseeable with Zebedee’s cancer in his bones.   But we’ve got my daughter’s wedding in August to keep positive for, and it’s something to aim at.    

wishing all my forum buddies a happy and healthy ‘22 

• Like 4

On 29/12/2021 at 22:59, zigzag said:

All well here, my Dad had a reasonably good day on Christmas Day so we were able to get him down to my house for dinner in between carer visits. First time he has been here since he became ill which is eighteen months. So to have him sat at my table was the best Christmas present imaginable.  The rest of the holiday has been incredibly lazy! We are currently binge watching the Handmaids tale and are totally addicted.  What an imagination (all be it totally messed up) the writer of it has.  
I hope all of your family members who have Covid are soon on the mend.

Also binge watched that this year - all of it including the end, which if you’ve not got there yet is a total shocker.  

• Like 1

I wish you all, above everything else a healthy 2022. I also hope there will be lots of happiness as well. The last two years have taught me to value the good times and to always find laughter even in the darkest of times. I’ve also realised that life will always throw crap at you and it’s how you deal with it and keep moving forward that matters.  Thank you all for another year of support and giggles.  Happy new year forum friends xx

• Like 7

Thank you all for your good wishes for my sister - a quick update - her procedure is now scheduled for Tuesday

She is in good spirits and is being very well looked after so that's reassuring

Oh and in other news - I have been watching 'Four Weddings...' love that film

Edited by sunnyday
  • Like 6

17 hours ago, sunnyday said:

Thank you all for your good wishes for my sister - a quick update - her procedure is now scheduled for Tuesday

Great news Sunnyday, best wishes for her for Tuesday. Xx

• Like 1

On 01/01/2022 at 16:59, sunnyday said:

Hoping everything goes well for her Tuesday - fingers (and toes) crossed. 

• Like 1

Slightly off topic, but my limited account on here won’t let me post elsewhere.  Please could you help my childminder friend?  She has an account and uses Tapestry - she’s just not confident about posting on here and finding the right place.  

Please can I pick your wonderful brains? I’m a childminder, and I’ve said throughout the pandemic that if anyone has a positive case of covid in their household, then I will not have the little one. I am under increasing pressure from one family in particular because her ‘older two’ have apparently isolated separately from the rest of the house - which I don’t fully understand, to be honest! I could do with putting a message out today on my group conversation to parents.  Would you maintain what I’ve said so far, or should I allow this one in on the parent’s say so?  I really need your help on this one, please.  What would you do?

15 minutes ago, Cait said:

Slightly off topic, but my limited account on here won’t let me post elsewhere.  Please could you help my childminder friend?  She has an account and uses Tapestry - she’s just not confident about posting on here and finding the right place.  

Please can I pick your wonderful brains? I’m a childminder, and I’ve said throughout the pandemic that if anyone has a positive case of covid in their household, then I will not have the little one. I am under increasing pressure from one family in particular because her ‘older two’ have apparently isolated separately from the rest of the house - which I don’t fully understand, to be honest! I could do with putting a message out today on my group conversation to parents.  Would you maintain what I’ve said so far, or should I allow this one in on the parent’s say so?  I really need your help on this one, please.  What would you do?

Negative PCR to return? I think that's what current advice is- they changed it around mid December as in the first updated guidance it said under 5s count just continue as normal. 

2 hours ago, louby loo said:

Negative PCR to return? I think that's what current advice is- they changed it around mid December as in the first updated guidance it said under 5s count just continue as normal. 

That's what I would go with I think

The advice from the DfE email (yesterday) is under 5’s are advised to have a PCR test if a household member is positive but don’t have to isolate whilst waiting for the result ….which is just ridiculous and I will continue to ask for proof of a negative result before they come in.

Good Luck to you all with whatever the next term brings, I think it’s going to be a trying one 🙁

CA063764-266A-48DC-ADE5-0C4499E407FC.jpeg

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Mouseketeer said:

The advice from the DfE email (yesterday) is under 5’s are advised to have a PCR test if a household member is positive but don’t have to isolate whilst waiting for the result ….which is just ridiculous and I will continue to ask for proof of a negative result before they come in.

Good Luck to you all with whatever the next term brings, I think it’s going to be a trying one 🙁

CA063764-266A-48DC-ADE5-0C4499E407FC.jpeg

Thanks for this.  Extremely helpful x 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sunnyday said:

Madness isn't it Mousie 🤦‍♀️

It really is sunnyday, we had a family who were positive at the start of Sept as we started back, I stuck to my ‘need proof of a neg PCR before the child comes’, the parent was sending me screen shots of Gov guidance asking where it says that, I sent them the agreement they’d signed with it stating our position on it and 2 days later they had to tell me the child was positive, they could have been in for a couple of days before the result was back….it just doesn’t make any sense, I realise the test is just a snapshot in time but feel it buys us a couple of days that the child might show symptoms anyway 🤞

• Like 1

Sorry folks haven't been on for a few days. Wishing you all a happy and healthy New Year (hope your sis is ok Sunnyday) Just writing my covid plan ...not back to work till Friday due to maintenance feeling very grateful for that!! had my booster yesterday and feeling decidedly off! 🤢  

• Like 2

The guidance is complete madness. We are sticking to our guns and telling our families that if the child has been in close contact then we would prefer them to be kept away from school until the positive case tests negative in the household. If they do t agree to this then they can only come in if they are tested daily.  The government guidance for under fives makes no sense to me whatsoever!

Sunnyday let us know how your sister gets on today. Keeping everything crossed for her.

• Like 1

That looks more helpful Cait

Thank you all for thinking of my sister it is very kind...she had her procedure today, but they didn't find any blocked arteries and therefore didn't fit a stent. I'm not really sure yet what will happen next, I assume that they will continue to investigate why she had the heart attack

If anyone went back to work today I hope all went well x

• Like 1