Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

1 hour ago, zigzag said:

I need some polite but ever so slightly tongue in cheek slogans reminding parents to shut the gate!! Ideas please…..

what about adapting one of the signs with the dog on it ,  it's usually a big dog, possibly a German Shepherd and a slogan which says I LIVE HERE!  You could have a picture of a child (cartoon child)  and a car maybe 

• Like 1

Not only is it Friday, it is 1st October, how has that happened?

Hope everyone is okay?

Have you all got fuel? We have 1/2 tank so not too bad, don't have to anywhere really apart from MILs which is just a short drive, nearest petrol station for us is five miles away, they have had fuel but apparently queues have been two hours on average...

Happy weekend all x

• Like 1

I cannot believe it’s October already!  All ok down here. “Gate wars” has calmed down!  All four of us staff have been struck down with this awful cough and cold this week. It’s very unpleasant and has made us all feel terrible and we are quite a hardy bunch usually. Think we are through the worst now. It was so bad that I felt sure we all had Covid!   My husband was working in Devon this week and struggled to get fuel on Monday but I think things are calming down here now, my Mum got some quite easily yesterday.  Thank goodness this didn’t happen in the height of the summer season with all the tourists in Cornwall as we would not have stood a chance at getting fuel then! 
Have a lovely weekend all.

• Like 2

Well, we're returning to normal at work, first covid staff victim back at work, but the second victim has been very poorly- luckily she was double vaccinated or it might have been a different story.

Petrol: manic around here. We have a garage that had a delivery .... that jammed the village up for two days!  Luckily for me I'm a panic'er, and I hyperventilate once my car reaches half-full at the best of times, so I've been fine 🤣.

Been to an activity farm today with my granddaughter which including digging potatoes - that was nice and muddy!

• Like 3

I love the tidiness of things like the first of the month being on an appropriate day of the week.

It’s been a very, very tough week at school and to be honest I’m worn out being positive and calm for people.

On a positive note my youngest nibling was 5 on Wednesday and really liked the books I gave her. She’s having a party with a ‘Jurassic cake’ tomorrow. My eldest nibling is on stage in a school play for three evenings - such a change from the painfully shy little boy who wouldn’t play in front of anyone. My middle nibling hasn’t done anything in particular that I’m aware of this week but I’m certain she’s being lovely because she just is!

I need to regroup this weekend and with a new month am planning to restart some of the resolutions I make to help me manage ‘stuff’.

Happy weekend everyone!

• Like 4

Hi everyone, pleased to read all doing ok, getting over things and finding fuel, it went pretty crazy here with it but the FB warriors posting when local garages had fuel deliveries didn’t help matters 🙄

We have so many chn off either unwell non-Covid or waiting for test results for themselves or family, we have some very poorly with viral wheeze? (Not something I’ve heard of as an actual thing before other than you’d say ‘sounds wheezy’) it’s going to be a tricky winter to manage and already frazzled with trying to keep the ‘Covid police’ it the place calm.

Hang in there everyone, more than half way to half term 🎉 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Mouseketeer said:

We have so many chn off either unwell non-Covid or waiting for test results for themselves or family, we have some very poorly with viral wheeze? (Not something I’ve heard of as an actual thing before other than you’d say ‘sounds wheezy’) it’s going to be a tricky winter to manage and already frazzled with trying to keep the ‘Covid police’ it the place calm.

Mousie that sounds really tough - hopefully next week will be better

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mouseketeer said:

Hi everyone, pleased to read all doing ok, getting over things and finding fuel, it went pretty crazy here with it but the FB warriors posting when local garages had fuel deliveries didn’t help matters 🙄

Had a notice about Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV) which is quite Covid like but none of the main 4 symptoms. 

• Runny nose.
  • Decrease in appetite.
  • Coughing.
  • Sneezing.
  • Fever.
  • Wheezing   which is likely to be common this winter. 
  • Like 1

Hello all - tis Friday again!

How is everyone?

Not much news here - oh apart from the fact that my lovely MIL will be having her Covid booster + flu jab tomorrow - she is 90 but <touch wood> doing really quite well, still living independently but I sort out her shopping and cook for her daily, I am torn between thinking goodness that's a big onslaught on her frail old body but then knowing that she hates leaving her house and going out in the car so getting it all done in one go will be better for her - who knows...

Anyway - hope everyone is okay and that the weekend is kind to all x

• Like 3

Me and Mr. Panders off for our 'flu vac this afternoon.   Also am making choccie cake for youngest son's birthday 29!  Heavens can't be old enough to have an almost 30 year old, I'm only 35 myself🤣  Also making bedding for dolly bunkbeds for 2nd eldest granddaughter - straight stitching, so could be ok, now if I could consistently straight top stitch I would be deliriously happy.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Well, another week over and I am totally shattered - I've had to do the full five days this week, which is almost full three weeks in a row 😳, I normally only do three days.

Onwards and upwards - hope to be fully staffed again next week (fingers crossed).

We have a very strange mix this year, we are girl heavy... and my are they needy!   I'd like to think it's due to Covid etc, but in honestly I really don't think is.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, louby loo said:

We have a very strange mix this year, we are girl heavy... and my are they needy!   I'd like to think it's due to Covid etc, but in honestly I really don't think is.

Get ready for the you're not coming to my party stuff going on! Even though the birthday is many many months away.  

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Panders said:

Get ready for the you're not coming to my party stuff going on! Even though the birthday is many many months away.  

13 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

Oh my goodness yes and 'you're not my best friend' 🤦‍♀️🤣

YES, YES, YES!!!!!!!!!    Already having it!     To be honest I feel the parents (one in particular) are fuelling it. 😭

Give me a crowd of boys any day - at least they can be distracted with running and construction resources (sorry for being stereotypical - but it's true)

Last year we had a group of what I call potential 'head girls' - they were fantastically well rounded, and always made sure everyone was included in games etc.....I REALLY miss that little group.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Panders said:

Oh yes! I find girls being mean so hard to deal with!

Well, I’ve survived parents evenings, and a sore throat this week. I feel both are a great excuse to eat fish and chips and ice cream!

Planning a weekend of washing dishes, planning, marking etc. Really hoping to see my mum and dad on Sunday - have had so much work/been so wiped out that I haven’t been over for a month.

Also working on my festive socks!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Panders said:

Me and Mr. Panders off for our 'flu vac this afternoon.   Also am making choccie cake for youngest son's birthday 29!  Heavens can't be old enough to have an almost 30 year old, I'm only 35 myself🤣  Also making bedding for dolly bunkbeds for 2nd eldest granddaughter - straight stitching, so could be ok, now if I could consistently straight top stitch I would be deliriously happy.

Ah! it's not just me then! I have four sons very close in age (all born within 4 1/2 years) Yesterday (and i KNOW it was only yesterday) I had four teenagers. We have now just had a big family party for my third son's 40th - that means i only have one son left in his 30s. How can they go from a teenager to a 40+ overnight?!!

• Like 7

Well for some reason I am utterly exhausted and really struggling physically.  Am hoping it’s just the remnants of the cold that still havent managed to shake completely but am really fed up of feeling like this.

Been a good week at school, our girls this year are fab and it’s the boys that are harder work! Which is unusual.  It’s all a work in progress!

Have a good weekend all.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, zigzag said:

Well for some reason I am utterly exhausted and really struggling physically.  Am hoping it’s just the remnants of the cold that still havent managed to shake completely but am really fed up of feeling like this.

Been a good week at school, our girls this year are fab and it’s the boys that are harder work! Which is unusual.  It’s all a work in progress!

Have a good weekend all.

Poor you, I hope you feel better soon.  

12 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

Today is/would have been John Lennon's birthday - one of my favourite JL quotes:

'Time that you enjoy wasting, is not wasted'

I like that!  Very true.

1 hour ago, zigzag said:

I think it's the constantly not being able to switch off during this pandemic that absolutely mentally drains you.  Every time the phone rings/pings you just hope it not a staff member testing positive!

We had a phone call from staff member this  week, 10mins before opening. "sorry I'll be late in, the roads totally flooded, there's been a bad accident at XXXX.... "  We were all just relieved it wasn't Covid!!!!!!    

• Like 1