Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

It's Friday!

sunnyday

1 hour ago, Panders said:

, but I'm not a big fan of roses😱

I've come late to roses, they really are quite beautiful. I bought this one when my parents died, I think its called 'remember me' or something like that. Rescued these two blooms that were too heavy to survive the rain.

59918193-d6eb-4863-8cac-50aced3bf13a.jpg

• Like 2

Busy week here.....lots of transition stuff, a safeguarding concern (may be a ploy to get on the housing list!!!😱} Reports are going slowly!!! have had to cancel end of term party ....so some unhappy clients. Plus trustees meetings and a lovely phone call from a local childminder😊 more ups than downs....so that's good. Children are very unsettled though...needing lots of hugs and policing!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, finleysmaid said:

Busy week here.....lots of transition stuff, a safeguarding concern (may be a ploy to get on the housing list!!!😱} Reports are going slowly!!! have had to cancel end of term party ....so some unhappy clients. Plus trustees meetings and a lovely phone call from a local childminder😊 more ups than downs....so that's good. Children are very unsettled though...needing lots of hugs and policing!

It just feels like fire fighting in my place at the moment and not just the children, stuck between a rock and hard place and lots of soul searching this week 😔

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

33 minutes ago, Mouseketeer said:

It just feels like fire fighting in my place at the moment and not just the children, stuck between a rock and hard place and lots of soul searching this week 😔

Wishing you a speedy solution xxxxxx

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mouseketeer said:

Thanks FM, just have to hang in there for 2 more weeks 😕

🤞🤞 for the last two weeks

I think term has been a really hard one, I know my team are fatigued and it's really beginning to show now :( 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, finleysmaid said:

3 hours ago, Mouseketeer said:

Sounds like you are both having a pretty tough time - sending lots of positive vibes your way

• Like 2

So here we are again - it's Friday!

Pretty good week - children are starting to flag a little now (staff too)

Have been very busy sorting out paperwork - why oh why have I kept so much 'stuff' that is way out of date?

Very much looking forward to a weekend of tennis and football

Hope that everyone is okay and that the weekend is kind to all x

• Like 4

Friday.... not sure how we managed the week!! 🤣

Staff off self-isolating for no real reason (false negatives 😭). Luckily as most of the children are now over 3, and the fact we always work over ratios means it didn't really have a panic effect. We've just spent the week overseeing as I like to call it.  

We actually have a pretty good bunch of children this year- no behavioural issues or SEN, so in all honestly it's just been a bit of a chilled out week with the constant worry about whether we'll mange to make it successfully to next Friday !

• Like 3

BTW if anyone wants a little money off for all the hard work we do there is a website called discountsforteachers.co.uk  ....lots of money off ...special offer for today is on paperchase!!! 

go on treat yourself to some stationary !😂

• Like 1

Good week for us with the children, it’s getting real now that our time with our lovely older ones is quickly coming to an end. They are such a group of fun characters with big personalities. We are going to really miss them. Haven’t had the easiest ride from some of our parents this week! We wanted to tweak our opening hours in September and have been met with a resounding stamping of feet and complaints. Quite demoralising when you are wanting to make changes to benefit the children! Anyway, need to let it go and move onwards and upwards.  Anyway this week we are running a special forest school session for our school leavers which will be a lot of fun.

Have a lovely weekend and enjoy the football. Wouldn’t it just be such an amazing feel good moment if we actually won!

• Like 4

4 hours ago, finleysmaid said:

BTW if anyone wants a little money off for all the hard work we do there is a website called discountsforteachers.co.uk  ....lots of money off ...special offer for today is on paperchase!!! 

go on treat yourself to some stationary !😂

I signed up to for that some time ago but I've never really looked at any of the offers.     I'll be honest after I'd signed up I though - 😭...I've just agreed to be spammed with loads of pointless emails!!!    Off to check now.. (Hate both tennis and football so it will give me something to do 😂)

• Haha 2

53 minutes ago, louby loo said:

I signed up to for that some time ago but I've never really looked at any of the offers.     I'll be honest after I'd signed up I though - 😭...I've just agreed to be spammed with loads of pointless emails!!!    Off to check now.. (Hate both tennis and football so it will give me something to do 😂)

Oh louby really 🤷‍♀️🤣

• Haha 1

My other half told me that he went to one of the matches during that world cup - he must have been about 14, he doesn't remember how he got there, and just about remembers who he went with and thinks it was France v Mexico  -   mind it was a long long long time ago😂

I originally hail from Essex, a few miles from Upton Park (West Ham United) and so we were thrilled that 3 of "our" players made such an impact!  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Panders said:

I originally hail from Essex, a few miles from Upton Park (West Ham United) and so we were thrilled that 3 of "our" players made such an impact!  

I used to have Jeff Hurst's autograph 😂 ...   

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, zigzag said:

We have just watched this. Fascinating how different the football was played then.

It really was so interesting - we wondered about no substitutions...

I did say to Mr S 'why am I so tense, I know we won'! 🤣

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, zigzag said:

We have just watched this. Fascinating how different the football was played then.

3 minutes ago, sunnyday said:

It really was so interesting - we wondered about no substitutions...

Was it not just a load of men kicking a round bag of full of air up and down a big field then........ like it is now? 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, zigzag said:

🤣🤣You would think so, but no! 

Is that because they actually were ‘men’ back then? Not this load of pandered, overpaid children?  (Duck’s well below parapet) 😳😳😳🤭

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Cait said:

Is that because they actually were ‘men’ back then? Not this load of pandered, overpaid children?  (Duck’s well below parapet) 😳😳😳🤭

CAIT!!! 

you had better keep your head down

Did you know that the players are donating their playing fee to the NHS?

1 hour ago, Cait said:

I usually agree, I am not a football fan I am a rugby fan and the footballers do my head in!  Give me the tough better behaved rugby players any day of the week. But, this team under Gareth Southgate are different, he has made a huge impression on them as people and how they conduct themselves. And as Sunnyday said, their fees are going to the NHS which is great.

• Like 1

On 11/07/2021 at 13:56, sunnyday said:

I never knew that! How nice. Mind you I have always been under the impression that when playing for England they did it 'for love of country' 😀😀😀

• Like 1

On 11/07/2021 at 13:56, sunnyday said:

CAIT!!! 

you had better keep your head down

No, I didn’t know that.   
thanks x 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, lynned55 said:

I never knew that! How nice. Mind you I have always been under the impression that when playing for England they did it 'for love of country' 😀😀😀

Haha yeah! Just like we do for the love of the job…I’d willingly work 51 weeks a year if I could have one week of their pay and I wouldn’t even mind doing 40 hours a week instead of 90 minutes for it 🤣  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1