Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Can I just say.......

sunnyday

..........save me from 4 year old boys :o

Love them really - but my goodness I have spent this morning preventing them from (accidentally) hurting themselves or each other :ph34r:

How long now - oh actually not long at all - yay summer hols are on the way! :lol:

• Like 11

..........save me from 4 year old boys :o

How long now - oh actually not long at all - yay summer hols are on the way! :lol:

Think yourself lucky :lol: We have two that are coming back in September due to 'school place issues' :o

Not looking forward to that! :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Like 2

please can we have some better weather so that we can go on a long hike and feed the ducks and go to the allotment and play on the fields and go on a nature hunt and in fact anything that wears them out and is not on site! :wacko: :blink: :ph34r:

• Like 7

brill!

It was seriously good fun (the whole day|) - military wives choir, being taught 'drill' by a sergeant and the children getting to do Q&A with someone from the barracks (all parents at the school) and really interesting. I suspect though that I wasn't the only one who might have had damp underwear due to the amount of rain trickling down our backs!!

• Like 4

Hasnt it been shown that they get one if their early tastes of testosterone at this age? I'm sure I've read it on one of my courses. I always tell parents that it's that, anyway, as it encourages them to be more sensitive, rather than furious!

• Like 5

Hasnt it been shown that they get one if their early tastes of testosterone at this age? I'm sure I've read it on one of my courses. I always tell parents that it's that, anyway, as it encourages them to be more sensitive, rather than furious!

Well that would make perfect sense to me after the day we've had! Honestly we are very 'boy heavy' anyway at present (out of 34 going to school in Sept 23 are boys) and all they seem to want to do is charge up and down attacking each other and knocking over anything or anyone in their way! Doesnt help that it has been pouring with rain for most of the day again.

• Like 4

Love the Camo day idea - only uniforms around here are usually parkies!

Lots of "confident" boys and girls this year - we at least have a balance of gender (well earned after a very boy heavy year last year)

Nice to see that they are all now the big fish ready to swim away from their now little pond but yes are they hard work or what !!!

• Like 3

So how do I explain the behaviour of my Y1s?! I can understand some of my Y2s being worried about moving to the junior school but the Y1s!!! Oh goodness - 'tis the season of complaints along the lines of 'she looked at me' just at the time of year when you feel wiped out and least able to deal with them patiently. It is moments like that when I am actually glad of the lack of hot sticky weather - makes everyone even more grouchy!!

• Like 4

Mine remind me of baby birds ready to fledge, jumping up and down bundling on top of each other, testing out their wing feathers, peeping out of the nest, egging each other on to go, but still screeching as soon as the mummy bird comes into the nest with food and elbowing each other out of the way for the best worm.

• Like 8

Yep that's my understanding too! :blink: :wacko: ::1a

My 'accident book' is seeing far too much action - they are just bouncy, bouncy, bouncy - apparently it's what Tiggers and 4 year old boys do best! :lol:

• Like 2

Mine remind me of baby birds ready to fledge, jumping up and down bundling on top of each other, testing out their wing feathers, peeping out of the nest, egging each other on to go, but still screeching as soon as the mummy bird comes into the nest with food and elbowing each other out of the way for the best worm.

Love it - describes the little darlings perfectly :1b

• Like 1

Yep that's my understanding too! :blink: :wacko: ::1a

My 'accident book' is seeing far too much action - they are just bouncy, bouncy, bouncy - apparently it's what Tiggers and 4 year old boys do best! :lol:

That was just what I said today to describe one of ours, who just seems to "bomb" other children for no good reason!

• Like 1

Perhaps we could put something in their milk then to calm it down and even out its effects!

• Like 1