Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

pop songs to sing and dance to

actually we use lots of modern music but it depends on the cohort ...last year it was heavy rock!!! the previous year Abba and the one before that the Beatles (im not sure any of these are POP are they!!!!!) this year rather like Elvis or anything to do with TV!,,,,don't think ive quite found their genre yet !

• Like 2

Do you sing pop and rock songs?

sing along might be a more appropriate description ! we had a group who changed buffalo solidiers to gruffalo soldiers!

I am forever singing songs from films like Annie and the sound of music....and the team do a good rendition of most abba songs! :o :lol:

• Like 3

Happy by ....can't remember, but you know the one ,,,Clap along if you feel that that's what you want to do. Last week we had a little party and I used a youtube playlist for toddler parties. Very uplifting on a cold day.

• Like 1

sing along might be a more appropriate description ! we had a group who changed buffalo solidiers to gruffalo soldiers!

I am forever singing songs from films like Annie and the sound of music....and the team do a good rendition of most abba songs! :o :lol:

Love it - will now be Gruffalo Soldiers for me too - love a bit of Bob Marley! ;) ::1a

• Like 3

Happy by Pharrell Williams, I think.

We have a large cohort of our children into Latino and African music at the moment. Anything with a very strong beat.

Think you just need to check on the lyrics sometimes with pop/rock songs. Although I love the idea of Gruffalo soldiers.

• Like 2

What we dance to is different from what we sing, which I understood this thread is about. (Though many of us sing along whilst dancing...) We dance to music that isn't of the kind they hear on the radio, to open their ears to different sounds.

For singing or dancing, or both, you may get ideas if searching for 'pop songs appropriate for school' and 'school-appropriate songs'. There are several lists there.

Edited by Wildflowers

I think the thread was about both. "Pop songs to sing and dance to". Many of our children feel comfortable and relaxed to sing a whole genre of songs, including nursery rhymes, pop songs during their play. I love to see this.:)

• Like 3

I didn't read the topic heading properly! So the answer for us is 'no'. We have our own selection of songs children learn with us and make up songs. They dance to other music than pop for the reason I mentioned. But this thread got me thinking - perhaps I should play music that they are familiar with from home...

• Like 4

I believe there is a joy to all kinds of music............and discussions can be held about those we prefer? I'm not a fan of rap, or jaz.....or grunge, but many people are and I think we should reflect that diversity. We also play classical music, rock, pop,really just about anything. I 'm careful not to play anything which has bad language, but really, other than that, anything goes :)

• Like 2

If we're throwing out musical songs for activities, I would like to recommend Peer Gynt 'In the Hall of the Mountain King'. You'll probably recognize it when you hear it, but essentially the tempo and timbre changes as the speed gradually increases and more instruments are used. Young children and infants are particularly attentive to timbre and tempo. But anyway, play that and encourage them to move around the room in the same direction (garden might be better) in time to the beat, steadily speeding up as the tempo increases. Towards the end the music breaks a few times, at which point the children could stop each time. Whatever you think might work best and it may take a few tries to get used to, but it should be a really fun and beneficial activity!

• Like 2

I have a young man who obviously listens to Queen at home. He only sings odd lines 'little high little low' and 'we will we will rock you!' Very entertaining when other children follow him around singing the same. I have tried singing the rest of Bohemian Rapsody but can't really do it justice!!

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)