Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Evidencing EYPP funding

How is it best to evidence the use and impact of your EYPP. Anyone with experience in this area. We have only just got this funding this term.

Early Education have a 24 page online booklet called - Practical tips on allocating EYPP Funding - Google it - top of the page!

Has ALL sorts of advice on how to spend and how to monitor etc etc

• Like 1

Our LA is trying to find a way to get parents to apply. I can't remember the figure but it's a big percentage of parents they know are eligible who don't apply. I think it's because they don't see the money in their pocket as it comes straight to us. We only applied for three children last term. The amount we get hardly justifies the paperwork involved!

• Like 2

Am I the only person to have no children eligible for EYPP?

I had one in summer term who went to school and have one that has it for this school year. I find it very confusing. I know it is different criteria from 2 year funding but many of my parents either dont work, have one working parent and / or are on low wages. Most were eligible for the 2 year funding but dont get EYPP. We can request the information from parents on their 3/4 year parent claim form so I ask all parents to fill it in and forward that information to LA so its not like I'm not trying. We could really use the money - lots of children with language delay.

• Like 1

Am I the only person to have no children eligible for EYPP?

I had one in summer term who went to school and have one that has it for this school year. I find it very confusing. I know it is different criteria from 2 year funding but many of my parents either dont work, have one working parent and / or are on low wages. Most were eligible for the 2 year funding but dont get EYPP. We can request the information from parents on their 3/4 year parent claim form so I ask all parents to fill it in and forward that information to LA so its not like I'm not trying. We could really use the money - lots of children with language delay.

Nor me Sunnyday and had only ever had 1 child eligble for 2yr funding which we got for 1 term as he went to school when 3

Not looking promising then as a way to 'pay a Graduates salary' as suggested by the STC!

Sorry, getting obsessed with looking for holes......

• Like 5

Not looking promising then as a way to 'pay a Graduates salary' as suggested by the STC!

Sorry, getting obsessed with looking for holes......

Rafa - I'm surprised you havent fallen into the holes never to be seen again. :ph34r::ph34r:

I saw on our local news that the government has promised more money to fill in potholes! Ooops sorry wrong kind of holes and wrong kind of money. We live in hope. ;) :rolleyes:

• Like 6

We've only had one since September. I know there are a couple more that we could claim for but if they're not forthcoming then there's nothing we can do. There is only so many hints, suggestions and reminders you can give out before it becomes insulting.

I'm hoping that the next academic year will bring in a couple more as quite frankly it is barely worth the hassle and paper/ink it is causing.

Has anyone used their EYPP money for paying extra hours children attend??

I have a child of mixed heritage, he attends 9 hours,but only has funding for 8, so mum pays for the extra hour, he attends another setting for 7 hours,she also has to pay if he attends lunch club with us, which he does only occasionally because of the cost.

The main reason we use the EYPP is for his communication and language. Could the case be made for using the EYPP funding towards either of these costs do you think?

Edited by Panders
  • Like 1

Has anyone used their EYPP money for paying extra hours children attend??

I have a child of mixed heritage, he attends 9 hours,but only has funding for 8, so mum pays for the extra hour, he attends another setting for 7 hours,she also has to pay if he attends lunch club with us, which he does only occasionally because of the cost.

The main reason we use the EYPP is for his communication and language. Could the case be made for using the EYPP funding towards either of these costs do you think?

Thank you Finleysmaid, that gives me heart. There is a little bit in me that is thinking ASD he does "tick a few boxes"- but as ever, nothing concrete with this little chap - could be as simple still as getting to grips with being bi-lingual and some family upheaval in his little life, let alone attending 2 settings, but we shall see. I have fired off an e mail to powers to be at Kent Towers, so we will await their answer!

Edited by Panders
  • Like 1

Hi there. Are you sharing the EYPP with the other setting? If so, do you have a relationship with them so you can agree how the money might be spent?

you can use the money for pretty much anything as long as you can show why you made the choice you did and what difference it is making to the child?

Hi there. Are you sharing the EYPP with the other setting? If so, do you have a relationship with them so you can agree how the money might be spent?

you can use the money for pretty much anything as long as you can show why you made the choice you did and what difference it is making to the child?

Hi Mundia, as far as I am aware, we are the only ones getting funding. This is for the 8 hours he is funded for at our setting. It is very difficult getting feedback from the other setting, although I know the owner via local network. But as a setting they are not very forthcoming in sharing much information via our "book share" system. It's hard to say that by using the money in this way it will make much of a difference to the little boy, but at the end of the day the more exposure he has to use his English language or hear it, it should be better for him. We have used the money in the past for Thai resources and a lego/marble run game, trying to use his interests to engage him around the table with other children. This is his last term with us before school, my thinking is the more time with us the better for him, he leads a hectic life, 2 settings, 2 parental homes, with 2 distinct cultures and languages going on both parents working.

Oh well, had a reply from Kent Towers :(:(:(:(:( under no circumstances must EYPP funding be used for funding extra hours or clubs. Pretty decisive then!

Why??? Surely thats a legit use - enabling a child access to MORE hours = more opportunity to 'close the gap' ????

Plus are we not just answerable to Ofsted on this?

I know, it's made me rather sad, it would only do him good, and as the parents are at the very least estranged, don't know if divorced yet, she can't easily afford the extra hour, and only does a lunch club every now and then when her work dictates.

It isnt up to the LA to decide how you can and cant spend it as you are not accountable to them. They can advise of course, but the Early Education booket and information does include extra hours as a possibility as long as you can evidence why you gave chosen that and have considered how you can show its impact. im not sure its of much benefit for paying fees because low income families shouldnt really be accruing them anyway so you might look into what extras they are paying for and why. eg can they bring snack rather than have to buy meals? Can they attend 15 hours without having to buy extra hours? do they have to spend ££ on the setting t shirt? etc you get the drift I'm sure.But having considered your options, if an extra lunch time or activity each week can really benefit the child concerned then you can use the EYPP for that, the guidance on thus is very clear.

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)