Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

I've survived my first ever ofsted

Rosebud123

and we achieved a good we are so pleased. We have had a awful time as a group the last few months sickness, break ins, flooding, staff leaving and new staff joining plus new management making big changes and huge demands. We were two marks off outstanding which is slightly frustrating but 8 weeks ago we were all on the verge of handing our notices in, so to know that we have made so much progress in those few weeks with a very new and inexperienced team is just amazing. And I have to say she was the nicest inspector and very approachable :-)

• Like 5

Amazing to hear your news!

Never been present when an inspection is being carried out so like many practitioners I don't know what is involved & what they ask & what I am expected to know so any feedback would be gratefully appreciated!

Thankyou she was very lovely she mainly observed me and asked how I thought my group activity went which I had a major panic on here about last night but trusted your opinions and went with my instinct and not what my manager suggested lol. She said well done at the end so hopefully I will get more feedback on that in the report. She did ask about my PP child and how I was meeting her needs and next steps etc. She also asked about what recent training I've been on and what did I learn from it. And what I would do if someone disclosed to me.

It's quite important that you remember the outcome is confidential until the report is published as the QA process has to be gone through ^_^

Well done though!

Ahhh well, when we had our Ofsted and received a Good judgement in May 15, inspector said ' you can go ahead and tell parents, no need to wait for the report anymore!. - Ofsted inconsistency again. I believe someone else said its only Outstanding you have to keep mum about - as if!! :)

Well done Rosebud123 and glad your activity went so well!

• Like 1

Well done - we were told in February that we could not reveal the outcome until the report was published - I found it strange that we had no notification that the report had been published - I kept checking on Ofsted site. Would also like to know the reference to 'two makes off an outstanding?'

Yes we were told in Dec not to reveal outcome until it was published. I knew when ours was as she emailed us the report. However not heard of being so many marks over or under a grade? Or perhaps OP meant 2 of the outcomes were graded good and the rest outstanding?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not completely sure as my manager only briefly informed me, but there were two things which were picked up which meant we could not achieve the outstanding. They are things we could change in a day. From what I believe we were very close to outstanding.

• Like 1