Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

New year new career ?

lashes2508

Hi everyone , just wanted some ideas , I have been toying with the idea of handing in my resignation to leave at the end of the Summer term , I am looking to probably stay working in this field but ideally doing something but training scares me ! But to further myself I need to do something just not sure what , any suggestions ??

Supervisor of community preschool , leading team of 7 , level 3 diploma caypw , various other skills and training , have a huge interest in Makaton , previous careers. Left college with certificate in social care spent many years working with children and adults in residential care with learning disabilities , always wanted to be a social worker but having just spent time with a careers advisor ( who was very helpful) I am daunted by 3 years of study !

Like many folk on here I did the Foundation Degree in Early Years and Certificate of Early Years Practice with the Open University. The hardest part is making sure you have time for study. Please do shout if you want any proof-reading or whatever.

It's incredibly worthwhile, and there will be times when you feel you must give up as it feels like you are juggling too many balls in the air, but keep at it, delegate all the tasks that you can, so that you can focus properly.

Looking forward to hearing about your progress!

• Like 2

Well done Lashes!

I am in the same predicament, although I already have my foundation degree. Just no idea what I want to do now. A bit disillusioned running our little preschool now, but not sure what else to do that fits in with my awkward family life!

Thanks everyone for your words of support and Cait , I will definitely take you up on your offer thank you , as I always say better to regret something you have done then something you haven't !

My daughter turned 21 2 days before Christmas , I gave her a diary with the words ' don't count the days, make the days count ' and a couple of other verses inside and a couple of dates booked for theatre and mum and daughter photo shoot .

I want her to go and do the things she wants to do , have a try and fill her year with events and not look back thinking why did I not do that etc , so I decided to practice what I preach and make my year the same.

It's been a long time since I did any studying but I know I am going to have to be strict with study time and ensuring I do this , as for what I will do with this degree once finished , who knows but it may be the leg up into social work degree I need or not .

Happy new year to you all , may it be a healthy , happy and determined one X

• Like 5

Well slight dream dash as just spoken to OU to be informed that due to the first module being an APEL it can not be funded , no explanation of this on the site grrr , can't afford to fund this part myself so back to the drawing board , I may have to wait until October or September now ! Feeling frustrated but determined still

Apparently the student loan won't cover this module but as it is compulsory makes no sense , it's because it s not tutored, hence they are changing in September but registered to do access course into social work at another college now . Just awaiting to hear from them

Does your county have a funding scheme? I used them for one of my modules, although available funding is much tighter nowadays. It could be worth trying other avenues, your early years team may know of some.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...