Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Happy half-term break!

sunnyday

Wow -it seems to have come round fast! :1b ........apologies to those not lucky enough to get a break..

Not planning to do too much pre-school work - apart from - drum roll needed here.........I have started to update my SEF :1b

I changed section 1 yesterday and it wouldn't allow me to submit as I hadn't completed section 6 :blink: I overcame that by just typing 'to be completed' in section 6 :rolleyes:

I have written (some of) section 6 in draft form and will definitely, yes definitely finish that and add it online :1b

Anyway whatever your plans I hope you all have a super break! :1b

• Like 5

Totally with you Sunnyday on how fast we have put the first half term to bed can't quite believe it's half term already - well not quite I have the last 6 hours of my First Aid renewal tomorrow - ugg.

I will confess you so make me giggle - YOU ARE GOING TO DO YOUR SEF - Yadda yadda yadda!!!!

I have a list of bits and pieces to do - so far the SEF hasn't even made it to the bottom although I am trying to get some of the list done tonight whilst I'm still in the zone.

However for a really good laugh I'm going to have a go at the first draft of my top secret nativity play cast list during the week !!!

As I have to do First Aid tomorrow I shall miss most of my Mum's birthday so on Sunday my sister and I will be taking her and my Dad to a lovely seafood restaurant on the beach front - looking forward to that.

I have a DVD box set and a couple of books set aside for this week to enjoy and hope to have a bit of a chilled week.

To everyone who gets a half term break enjoy

• Like 1

I too am planning to update my SEF!! Yes you heard it here first, I will let you know if it happens! Good luck Sunnyday with yours. I intend to tweak planning forms (again) and then have a switch of from all things pre school (yeah right, let's see if that happens) Happy half term everyone.

• Like 1

SEF was on the list ...but now planning on going in to move the setting around, open things up a bit more and have a cull of equipment ....does anyone else find things like books, puzzles and games just appear ? I ask staff where 2000 books I've never seen have come from and no one ever knows, the same with things I can't find...no ones ever had it :-/

• Like 7

We've had no choice but to have a clear down...the hall floor is being polished next week so have had to move the whole pre-school into the corridor! ....I feel for you who have pack-away!!!! :o;)

So had an extra day to clear down and another to set up the other end....mind you the amount of paperwork I need to catch up on is not going to mean I have a particularly restful half term...but since my kitchen is being done I have very little else to do, apart from walk the doggies of course :wub:

• Like 4

Half term for me , our floor is being re sanded and sealed this week so can't go into hall ! But have signatures to gather for housing petition as one last ditch attempt to stop planning of housing development !

Need to find a car as now don't have one, have sorted lots of stuff out at home and in process of selling it , having a serious clutter cull !

SEF - still on my TDL ...... ENJOY THE BREAK FOLKS

I have been surprisingly industrious - not only have I updated the dreaded SEF - I have purchased all the pressies for the 'December party' for the children :D (note - I didn't use the 'c word' :rolleyes: )

Mr S took a few days off with me and we have made a great start on present buying for family and friends too - he is the bestest ever 'bag carrier'! :D

Have written 'agenda' for next staff meeting (Wednesday), prepared folders etc for new starters

Still 'to do' - accounts (as always), type up two x two year checks......probably lots more really - but that will do for now! :1b

• Like 3

Wow - great work Sunnyday! I took the first three days off, 2 just resting, sleeping and recovering. The third was my birthday and a gloriously sunny day and I had friends round for lunch, cake and a lovely autumn walk. The next 3 were just rainy which was grim but I managed to stay focused for once and got all my school work done bar a couple of papers I need to read (I may dip into those in the next few days as reading doesn't exactly count as school work in my book). I even spent 5 hours in school one afternoon doing a thorough sort and clean of some cupboards.

Today was going to be industrious and full of lots of housework and errands but after a somewhat disturbed night I had a bit of a lie in and have since indulged in a baking session - cheese and onion pasties and the dough for teacakes (of the toasted variety) is rising.

I'm now sat in front of the fire with a book, some chocolate, some colouring watching Anne of Green Gables - a nostalgic birthday present. I am indulging myself completely and I am not going to feel guilty at all! :D

• Like 5

I have been surprisingly industrious - not only have I updated the dreaded SEF - I have purchased all the pressies for the 'December party' for the children :D (note - I didn't use the 'c word' :rolleyes: )

Mr S took a few days off with me and we have made a great start on present buying for family and friends too - he is the bestest ever 'bag carrier'! :D

Have written 'agenda' for next staff meeting (Wednesday), prepared folders etc for new starters

Still 'to do' - accounts (as always), type up two x two year checks......probably lots more really - but that will do for now! :1b

Now thats what I call dedication...........

• Like 1